Marantz Owner Thread...

Can the folks who use Marantz AV receiver share at what volume level you listen music or watch movies?

E.g. Its only when the volume level is between 53-64 it sounds good. Above 64 -75 is loud but no distortion.

Dont hear good sound below 50 .. does that mean speakers are not powerfull enough?

Usually the volume spectrum is provided to listen to the lowest of levels....i do sometimes hear music on my SR series by keeping it on 15 ...this is at 2am.......

if your source content is proper including input volume....anything above 40 will actually open up a good playback.......half volume is somehwere between 66 to 74.....

If your speakers have a high sensitivity levels like 89db and above.....no issues then in playback....some speakers have sensitivity levels at 82 or 84db which makes it challenging to get good playback from them at low volumes and hence then you end cranking up the dial....

I have NR1504 and keep the volume between 48-60 for normal listening. But important to mention here is that the speakers are low sensitivity Wharfedale bookshelves.

I have NR1504 and keep the volume between 48-60 for normal listening. But important to mention here is that the speakers are low sensitivity Wharfedale bookshelves.

Would advise to manually increase the Speaker levels (1 to 2 points) to get a decent output.....NR series is known to run Dali Z7 floor speakers easily....

guys why Marantz has very low bass compared to other and even I feel output is also very low compared other onkyo Denon Recievers??

Please check the settings again.....which model are you using? Most of us..Marantz owners are very happy with the AVR as it is music first principal.....it is 100% more punchier than a Denon......

Which speakers are you using? Check the Bass Management / Crossover settings......

Marantz NR 1504 and MArantaz SR 5011 both
Still i am not convinced that Onkyo TX-SR444 is better than Marantz SR5011.
TX- SR444 is just 100W @6 Ohm ( 1 channel driven ) but Marantz SR5011 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive).
May be we need to look for fine tune on tone management !!!

as I said bass is the difference bass is quite huge in onkyo cmpared to Marantz but interms of Mid and other facts Marantz scores bass defenitely lacks in marantz you can compare with same settings in both

Still i am not convinced that Onkyo TX-SR444 is better than Marantz SR5011.
TX- SR444 is just 100W @6 Ohm ( 1 channel driven ) but Marantz SR5011 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive).
May be we need to look for fine tune on tone management !!!

I agree...SR series cannot fail......I owned multiple models of NR series before the SR series which I am using now for the past 2+ years.....Marantz has a warm signature........The what hi fi show stalls used Marantz AVRs for their demo across a variety of speakers....something is indeed amiss

Mine is an NR series running Manual Setup after a factory reset. -25db to -20db is quite loud in my 16x12 living room. On some evenings I do crank it up to -10db and the kids in the play area one floor below start sending in song requests. The Source Gain on my sources range from 5-8db.

MaSh

You are lucky , at least you get song requests... I most of the times get orders from family members to reduce the volume..

Usually the volume spectrum is provided to listen to the lowest of levels....i do sometimes hear music on my SR series by keeping it on 15 ...this is at 2am.......

if your source content is proper including input volume....anything above 40 will actually open up a good playback.......half volume is somehwere between 66 to 74.....

If your speakers have a high sensitivity levels like 89db and above.....no issues then in playback....some speakers have sensitivity levels at 82 or 84db which makes it challenging to get good playback from them at low volumes and hence then you end cranking up the dial....

My front left and right speaker are 89db ones and center 88db... they do sound better in half volume range you mentioned.. but very light or flat sound while knot it at 50 or below is something got me thinking.. and its quite a big range i.e. 50 and below

Earlier i am using onkyo tx nr 545, the sound quality of onkyo is good but now i am using marantz nr 1608 i can clearly say that the sound quality of marantz far better than onkyo atleast for my listening taste, regarding the bass in onkyo was some boom bass ,now i am enjoying very clear , accurate and deep bass tones from marantz.. both brands have different sound signature...

You are lucky , at least you get song requests... I most of the times get orders from family members to reduce the volume..

Ha ha that will never change. Its the same here. These volumes are reached on those rare occasions when I am alone at home :).

MaSh

Ha ha that will never change. Its the same here. These volumes are reached on those rare occasions when I am alone at home :).

MaSh

Smart move. Should try that.

Also does anyone use dts:neural:x ? I kind of felt some overhead effects while i was watching dark tower on prime.

And dynamic eq .. do you keep it on. I hear more background sound when thats on but center speak needs more attention while listening dialogues.

Back