Marantz Owner Thread...

PLEASE HELP

It seems the firmware of my SR6009 using is corrupt, I need to download firmware now to try updating it via USB
firmware.marantz.eu is not accepting my Serial Number as its US model. Could anyone use their serial number to download the file and share?

Please do help

PLEASE HELP

It seems the firmware of my SR6009 using is corrupt, I need to download firmware now to try updating it via USB
firmware.marantz.eu is not accepting my Serial Number as its US model. Could anyone use their serial number to download the file and share?

Please do help
If your Firmware is corrupt, how are you going to update it yourself? Is the receiver accepting a new firmware?

Try talking/emailing Marantz US for support.

MaSh

If your Firmware is corrupt, how are you going to update it yourself? Is the receiver accepting a new firmware?

Try talking/emailing Marantz US for support.

MaSh
Not sure if its accepting the Firmware because I do not have the files to try out :)
I have emailed the US support and waiting to hear back

The original problem is as below

I discovered this evening that while powering on the receiver (Marantz 6009) I do not see any LED and there is no sound or Video from Reciever.
Here are the steps taken so far

1. I powered on Receiver, before powering on I could see ORANGE Led and after pressing power button there was no LED, no sound and no video.
Something strange here was when I see Orange light, I could see Video but no sound. I could also see source name on display.

2. I setup chat with Marantz support online which got me reset the unit and try out power cycle. Outcome, now I see RED LED before power on and NO led after pressing power button. Now there is no sound and the video is also gone :-D

3. Marantz support asked to see a service centre

further update

I spoke to service incharge at MZAudio (Marantz support) and I was asked to hard reset by Preset Ch +/- and power button. This di not work too. The incharge asked a couple more questions like if I could see any display while connecting to TVand pressing setup button (I do not see any display).

He told me that most probably the software is corrupt and the board MIGHT need to be replaced. :-/

I did not attempt any update though

I have been asked to send unit to Mumbai and I am really scared of sending by a courier service.

Not sure if its accepting the Firmware because I do not have the files to try out :)
I have emailed the US support and waiting to hear back

Well if the unit is dead or half dead, update will not work. This is the risk we all take when we buy stuff from abroad. I would suggest you either send it to Mumbai in its original packing if you still have it, else try showing it to a respected and reputed electronics store in your town or a near by town. Dont experiment too much with it, you might make worsen the condition.

MaSh

Well if the unit is dead or half dead, update will not work. This is the risk we all take when we buy stuff from abroad. I would suggest you either send it to Mumbai in its original packing if you still have it, else try showing it to a respected and reputed electronics store in your town or a near by town. Dont experiment too much with it, you might make worsen the condition.

MaSh
Thats the problem, I am based out of Udaipur and there is none supplier who understands these Machines. I have been hesitant sending this by a Courier since last time my Denon Amp got completely jacked up in courier only :-/ but thanks for your suggestion.

Not sure If the things like soft reset, display etc are working should we even call this unit half dead?
The Video was working until I did a soft reset. Doesn't sound right somewhere.

Hi to marantz family,
I got the marantz sr 5012
I was using the same for about 1/2 months and its been going very well . Yesterday i connected height spearks to it and done the amp assignment to top middle. But when i put my ear close to the height spearks and the surrounds the music or the effects are the same. Pls guide me with or is this the usual thing or i need the avr to get a firmware update which i am scared to as most of the time it gets failed.

Hi

Firmware.....read the update and then only apply it...usually if everything is working fine....dont do it unless really required.

Front Height / Rear surrounds are meant to provide a kind of envelope effect....placement and also room characteristics depend on what you will y actually hear.....if it is a dedicated HT room with only required furnishings.....you will experience some difference...else it will sound like normal surrounds....

Most important.....Content needs to be actual 7.1....most content available thru DTH or downloaded is 5.1...less content on Dolby Atmos or 7.1......try different movies and check....

Check what signal is being received by AVR and then what is being outputted.....

Hi,
Anyone using HDMI 1 out and HDMI 2 out for a TV and Projector ?

I have a TV connected to HDMI 1 out and Projector on HDMI 2 Out.
and my input sources TATA SKY to CAB/SAT (HDMI1), Blu ray - HDMI3 and Xbox One Game HDMI 4

All three sources works just fine on TV which is HDMI 1 out. BUT
On HDMI 2 Out which is a projector , only Tata Sky works. Blue ray and Xbox content doesn't work (just static ) on projector when respective sources are selected however Marantz menu works. I never checked Blu ray player earlier but Xbox (Netflix) did work on projector ( HDMI 2 out ) but now this also doesn't work. I tried tata sky's HDMI cable ( which works with AVR->HDMI2 out-Projector) for blu ray but that didn't help.

any thought how to address this display ( HDMI 2 out )issues ?

thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
Anyone using HDMI 1 out and HDMI 2 out for a TV and Projector ?

I have a TV connected to HDMI 1 out and Projector on HDMI 2 Out.
and my input sources TATA SKY to CAB/SAT (HDMI1), Blu ray - HDMI3 and Xbox One Game HDMI 4

All three sources works just fine on TV which is HDMI 1 out. BUT
On HDMI 2 Out which is a projector , only Tata Sky works. Blue ray and Xbox content doesn't work (just static ) on projector when respective sources are selected however Marantz menu works. I never checked Blu ray player earlier but Xbox (Netflix) did work on projector ( HDMI 2 out ) but now this also doesn't work. I tried tata sky's HDMI cable ( which works with AVR->HDMI2 out-Projector) for blu ray but that didn't help.

any thought how to address this display ( HDMI 2 out )issues ?

thanks!
Try swapping the cable between TV and projector.May be your projector HDMI cable is having some issue.
If not possible to swap the cable,connect your monitor on 2nd hdmi and projector on hdmi 1 vise versa to roll out projector issue.
Btw whats ur Marantz model.

Sorry forgot mention that it is 5012

I have noticed that the issue is kind of intermittent and makes me think wthere it is related Hdmi handshaking issue , based on what i have read.

I have changed input sources to different slot but didnt work. Tried projctor on hdmi1 out also.

Right now what works is that all three sources tatasky ,xbox ,and blue ray via receiver hdmi 1out to Tv

And tatasky via receivever hdmi2 out to projector. Which suggests hdmi cable from receiver to projector is fine?

What doesnt work is only xbox one and blue ray via receiver hdmi2 out to projector. I tried tweaking video bit rate and refresh rate but nothing work. Also tried to maintain order in which the devices would start e.g first tv or projctor, then receiver and then input sources but again no luck. This is a first part of the story.

The second part is a good news. Everything i.e. all three sources works on both tv and projector but only when I put HDMI switch in between receiver and two displays i.e. connect hdmi switch to receiver hdmi1 or 2 out and connect TV hdmi and projector hdmi to hdmi switch. Everything works fine this way.

So I wonder why xbox and blue ray player doesnt show any pictures on projector when it is connected to receiver’s hdmi dual output.

Amd why it works through HDMI switch?

Is there any specific setting I need to do to ensure that all sources work fine via onboard hdmi dual outputs ? Or is something wrong with my receiver?

thanks ! Just went through the manual but i am not sure i understand what settings should enabled to get this working ..I have selected video output as Auto (dual) so whichever device is selected the content gets displayed there.. the only difference is xbox and blue ray content is not displayed when projector is on ( and TV is off). tata sky works. Both tv and projector are 1080p and sources are also 1080p... so not sure where its going wrong.

Hi to marantz family,
I got the marantz sr 5012
I was using the same for about 1/2 months and its been going very well . Yesterday i connected height spearks to it and done the amp assignment to top middle. But when i put my ear close to the height spearks and the surrounds the music or the effects are the same. Pls guide me with or is this the usual thing or i need the avr to get a firmware update which i am scared to as most of the time it gets failed.
Ok so i have done some readings and tests
This may come to be right or wrong. So i first i used some atmos enabled blu rays
Bahubali part 1/2 , wonderwoman, justice league, Jupiter acesending, tiger zinda hai. I got the input signal to be atmos in some blurays and in some dts hd. So in this research i got to know that the effects are both similar in the surrounds and in the Atmos speakers. I am saying similar not same. Some effects or i say objects are given a louder noise in atmos speakers than that of surrounds. There will be some sound in the surrounds and atmos which will be same but with a decible difference. The effects dedicated to the surrounds which the sound designer has given will sound much louder than that of the Atmos speakers even though the same effect will be coming through the atmos but in a very low volume and same vice versa in the case of Atmos speakers. But i felt some effects that were not present in the surrounds speakers which were present in the Atmos speakers. But atmos spekers always contains the effects of the surrounds but in a low volume like the effects are far behind and the same effect is more forward in the surrounds. Correct me and enlighten me more.
Thanks marantz family.
Jai

Hi

I would suggest to go through the link below which will provide a clear understanding on different types of surrounds and their modes used in Home Theatre.....

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-...ound-sound-guide-different-formats-explained/

Also....it is not guaranteed that the content we download is TRUE DD or DTS or Atmos.....same applies to available DISCs in the market....unless it is indeed an original Disc which has proper 7,1 or Atmos or certified surround content.....

Most importantly, the surround sounds as in which will play and how loud is decided by the movie content....every movie is not the same and the movie maker (Director / Producer) may decide certain sound effects (surrounds / atmos) to be louder or similar or play at the same time to create the awe effect and make the audience spellbound / enchanted by a certain scene.....

In my opinion....i honestly after auditioning Atmos at What HiFi show for the last 3 years dont find much difference to a normal 7.1 setup

thanks ! Just went through the manual but i am not sure i understand what settings should enabled to get this working ..I have selected video output as Auto (dual) so whichever device is selected the content gets displayed there.. the only difference is xbox and blue ray content is not displayed when projector is on ( and TV is off). tata sky works. Both tv and projector are 1080p and sources are also 1080p... so not sure where its going wrong.

So Marantz US didn't answer my question because they only support US based customers and asked me to contact local dealer. So again back to using HDMI splitter. Marantz was purchased because it had onboard 2 hdmi outputps. Not sure if it was good idea to get this unit when I had perfectly working ( with splitter for two displays ) Pioneer VSX 921.. as they say don't fix if it ain't broken or research better.

In your Marantz check output settings there is option for Analog and ipscaler see what settings you see there.
I have checked this in both situation i.e. video conversion ON analog auto ipscaler hdmi and also in off mode.. no signals from xbox and bluray player to projector on hdmi 2. However tatasky works

Turn On ipscaler and change it to different resolution like 720p and try with Xbox and bluray. I hope it should work. Check the display settings in your bluray player and Xbox.

ok , thanks ! will try different resolutions.. I did play a lot with xbox settings.

Can the folks who use Marantz AV receiver share at what volume level you listen music or watch movies?

E.g. Its only when the volume level is between 53-64 it sounds good. Above 64 -75 is loud but no distortion.

Dont hear good sound below 50 .. does that mean speakers are not powerfull enough?

Can the folks who use Marantz AV receiver share at what volume level you listen music or watch movies?

E.g. Its only when the volume level is between 53-64 it sounds good. Above 64 -75 is loud but no distortion.

Dont hear good sound below 50 .. does that mean speakers are not powerfull enough?

Mine is an NR series running Manual Setup after a factory reset. -25db to -20db is quite loud in my 16x12 living room. On some evenings I do crank it up to -10db and the kids in the play area one floor below start sending in song requests. The Source Gain on my sources range from 5-8db.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back