Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and delighted to see a thread for Marantz owners.
I have a set up with SR 5007, UD 5007 and KEF LS 50.
I wanted to ask a question and seek your advice.
How do I connect my DAP or smartphone (non Apple/I device) through the USB input?
Grateful for any thoughts, suggestions.

Any suggestions on how to use a DAP to input to Marantz AVR SR5007?
The receiver does not recognize non Apple devices, like my Sony DAP, or android phone.
Grateful for any thoughts, and suggestions from Marantz owners.
Thanks

Any suggestions on how to use a DAP to input to Marantz AVR SR5007?
The receiver does not recognize non Apple devices, like my Sony DAP, or android phone.
Grateful for any thoughts, and suggestions from Marantz owners.
Thanks

I have not tried this option with my Marantz 1200 receiver. It should work, have you tried USB connection settings in the phone. Not sure about DAP though, may be similar settings?!

Thank you efernand 1.

I use the Marantz app to play my FLAC files wirelessly, but am at a loss on why the wired connection accepts only i-devices.

Have also read through the owners manual in detail and even written to the company.

No clear explanation or way to make it work through the front usb input. Another lost cause I guess.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

I have not tried this option with my Marantz 1200 receiver. It should work, have you tried USB connection settings in the phone. Not sure about DAP though, may be similar settings?!

Thanks. Yes, I did try, but there are no settings that seem relevant for this. It’s like this with other android phones, but works fine with iPhones and iPods

Its Sony NWZ F886

The DAP doesn't offer digital outputs..

My HTC 10 is also not recognized (vie USB) though I can use the marantz app on WiFi

Android phones will not be recognized thru the AVR's USB port.. Only apple devices.. Marantz app will be the best to play wireless..

If you mobile has extended memory slot, you can consider adding one and moing all your collection from DAP to HTC and play wireless thru Marantz app..

So I need a usb -C to coaxial cable to make this work?

Does the Sony NWZ F886 DAP has USB type C port ?..

The DAP doesn't offer digital outputs..

Android phones will not be recognized thru the AVR's USB port.. Only apple devices.. Marantz app will be the best to play wireless..

If you mobile has extended memory slot, you can consider adding one and moing all your collection from DAP to HTC and play wireless thru Marantz app..

Does the Sony NWZ F886 DAP has USB type C port ?..

No, it has a proprietary Sony port (for charging/file transfers), but the cable has normal sized USB on the other end/side. The AVR does not recognize the DAP.
At the moment I am doing it wireless using the Marantz app or chromecast audio (optical in at the back)
I would like to have a wired solution though...

I am grateful for the suggestions. I will take another look at the owners manual to see if there is some detail I might have missed.

Non Apple devices not being recognized by the USB port of AVRs : is this a common feature among all Marantz receivers?

No, it has a proprietary Sony port (for charging/file transfers), but the cable has normal sized USB on the other end/side. The AVR does not recognize the DAP.

At the moment I am doing it wireless using the Marantz app or chromecast audio (optical in at the back)
I would like to have a wired solution though...

I am grateful for the suggestions. I will take another look at the owners manual to see if there is some detail I might have missed.

That proprietary port won't help for any connectivity with AVR.. if you are looking for wired solution, you can consider using a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to connect DAP to Marantz AVR.. But since you are already playing thru network (Marantz app), it is easier & better..

Non Apple devices not being recognized by the USB port of AVRs : is this a common feature among all Marantz receivers?

Not limited to Marantz, but all the AVR brands..

Hi guys,

Initially I wanted to buy Denon AVRX1400H receiver. I have seen Marantz NR 1607 and Marantz NR 1608 receivers in Hifimart. They look nice, slim and easily fit in my tv cabinet. Are there any drawbacks of using slim receivers? I think, spec wise both are same?

Could you please let me know which receiver is better in the above list? 50% music and 50% movies.

Hi guys,

Initially I wanted to buy Denon AVRX1400H receiver. I have seen Marantz NR 1607 and Marantz NR 1608 receivers in Hifimart. They look nice, slim and easily fit in my tv cabinet. Are there any drawbacks of using slim receivers? I think, spec wise both are same?

Could you please let me know which receiver is better in the above list? 50% music and 50% movies.
They are at all time best prices. Just Grab it.
Specwise both are 90 watt per channel 7.2 system. But there are differences.
NR 1608 carries Bluetooth 3.0, 32bit DAC, on board Dolby Vision, Auto Firmware update in standby mode and HEOS module !

Hi guys,

Hey Hi,

I use Marantz NR 1504, which is also a Slim series and I have been using it for around 2 years now, with different types and speced speakers. Touchwood, it has brought a smile every time. The one and only drawback one would see if the rated 50w per channel at 8ohms. Trust me this is more than enough to drive any moderately efficient speaker(>86db) to decent volumes. Apart from this on paper drawback, there is nothing wrong with the series. If the NR series fit your budget and requirement, in my opinion you should definitely go ahead.

MaSh

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back