Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi All,

Proud owner of Marantz now. The Marantz SR6012! And what a difference boy compared to Denon 1200!

I feel the speakers are now working to their full potential. Bass is a lot meatier and punchier! Movies are amazing. Music too feels a lot refreshed. Feels like keeping on listening forever! :)

Welcome to the Marantz Proud Owner club!

Hi All,

Proud owner of Marantz now. The Marantz SR6012! And what a difference boy compared to Denon 1200!

I feel the speakers are now working to their full potential. Bass is a lot meatier and punchier! Movies are amazing. Music too feels a lot refreshed. Feels like keeping on listening forever! :)

Welcome to the Marantz Club!!! :)

Did you run the Audyssey Setup? If not, do it. It would further enhance the experience.

Cheers!

After Audyssey if you feel the need to tweak further...you can do that....i always do some level of manual tweaking after audyssey so that the best output is achieved considering that most of our systems is in the living room with furniture etc....audyssey calibrates tonal quality, levels, etc based on connected speakers...it will not consider your furniture etc....

After Audyssey if you feel the need to tweak further...you can do that....i always do some level of manual tweaking after audyssey so that the best output is achieved considering that most of our systems is in the living room with furniture etc....audyssey calibrates tonal quality, levels, etc based on connected speakers...it will not consider your furniture etc....

Yes, I agree very much with it.

Problem in Connecting the SVS PC 12 plus sub with Marantz pm8003

Recently I bought this integrated amp from our fellow FM. Sub is connected to preout of the amp.The problem is phase difference. I have tried with all the phase settings ranging from 0 to 180 with intervals 15 degrees. With 180 phase the sub is nearer to the speakers. I can see the lag in every beat.
In order to overcome this problem I tried with same length of speaker cables and sub inter connects.

Suggest me what else could be done to sync the sub with main speakers.
I have almost spent my fortune for the last two years for this setup. Help me with my dream set up.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Looking at the specs of the sub....

https://www.svsound.com/products/pc12-plus

The sub has High level connections which are possible.....i strongly suggest you make the speaker connections that way.....refer to the manuals on how to go about with it....

Adjust the crossover on the sub.....accordingly you will then not find the gap....

Also remember any new speaker requires 20 - 40 hours of BURN IN (Break in time) for optimal performance and output....

Patience is a virtue.....try different crossover settings and see what blends to your taste

All the best

Hi

Looking at the specs of the sub....

https://www.svsound.com/products/pc12-plus

The sub has High level connections which are possible.....i strongly suggest you make the speaker connections that way.....refer to the manuals on how to go about with it....

Adjust the crossover on the sub.....accordingly you will then not find the gap....

Also remember any new speaker requires 20 - 40 hours of BURN IN (Break in time) for optimal performance and output....

Patience is a virtue.....try different crossover settings and see what blends to your taste

All the best
My chain goes like this
Pioneer bdp180 optical out- Schiit bifrost- Marantz PM 8003 - wharfedale diamond 9.5 and preout from amp to SVS PC 12 plus.
In this configuration, as advised by SVS engineer, line level out from amp is safe.
Moreover, I tried to convert the speakers level out( from speakers B) to connect to high level sub input. But he said it may damage the sub.
The safe bet he suggested is preout to line level.
The only choice left out on sub side is phase angle which I have tried.
Suggest me what else is left out to try further?

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

two days back, I have shot an email to SVS care about the problem I am facing in the integration of sub with mains. He suggested me about tuning the sub from 16Hz to 20Hz, did the magic, which I wasn't expecting.I was thinking all the time about the phase change.Past 20 days I was chasing each phase increment(0 to 180 with 15 degrees increment). I was actually going mad and irritated even my spouse asking her to listen all the time.

When I have connected the sub with Marantz AVR, I wasn't facing any issue on 16Hz port tuning, Instead, it gave depth in bass.

The lesson of the day, Integrating the sub with Integrated amp requires lot more than tuning needed for AVR.

Hi, can you tell the difference, in sound signature, between pm 6004 ( 6005/6) and pm 8005 , thanks !

I have Marantz PM8003 and PM6005.
I have checked both the amps with Schiit Bifrost DAC which I bought recently.
I can tell the difference in three folds.

1) Any day I vote for Bifrost than the inbuilt DAC

2) As I have mentioned on the earlier post, For the same song and input (Analogue out from DAC), volume dial has to be raised little up on the 8003. Still, I could not get the answer. In fact, 8003 is 70W whereas 6005 is 45W. For instance, Whatever the volume I am getting on 6005 at 10'O clock position, Is happening on 8003 at 11'O clock position.

3) The sound on 8003 is quite different from 6005.
Vocals are very soft on 8003. They are very dynamic on 6003 (Many FMs use these words here. I really felt that what they are about now)
The bass is very strong on 6005 with my Wharf floor stands.This is what I felt initially. On so many listening sessions, Now I feel different. 8003 is very accurate on bass department.(maybe it is due to my ears adapted to it).

Finally, i can conclude with this. Whenever I switch between them I see so much of difference

two days back, I have shot an email to SVS care about the problem I am facing in the integration of sub with mains. He suggested me about tuning the sub from 16Hz to 20Hz, did the magic, which I wasn't expecting.I was thinking all the time about the phase change.Past 20 days I was chasing each phase increment(0 to 180 with 15 degrees increment).

What do you mean by tuning the sub from 16Hz to 20Hz? Share some light on how you did this..

What do you mean by tuning the sub from 16Hz to 20Hz? Share some light on how you did this..
It is about bass extension.
SVS PC 12plus sub is having a tuning facility for bass extension like the following.
1)It can be sealed by closing all the opening ports with the provided plugs.Accordingly the setting "subwoofer tune" need to be changed to seal mode. So, the extension of bass is lower than 10Hz.
2) By plugging one port, extension is till 16Hz.
3) By opening all the ports, sub is tuned to bass extension till 20Hz.

Note: in each case, Settings are needed to be changed.

Friends need advice,
How would be the combination of Marantz SR5011 with Tannoy eclise 3 + Tannoy Eclipse centre.

Thanks in advance.

It is about bass extension.
SVS PC 12plus sub is having a tuning facility for bass extension like the following.
1)It can be sealed by closing all the opening ports with the provided plugs.Accordingly the setting "subwoofer tune" need to be changed to seal mode. So, the extension of bass is lower than 10Hz.
2) By plugging one port, extension is till 16Hz.
3) By opening all the ports, sub is tuned to bass extension till 20Hz.

Note: in each case, Settings are needed to be changed.

I understand, SVS technical team helped you with setting to reach 10 Hz.. But how did this help you to integrate the sub with mains in your earlier post?..

two days back, I have shot an email to SVS care about the problem I am facing in the integration of sub with mains.

Recently I am shifted to new house where the room dimensions are different.Earlier 16Hz sub tuning gave me more depth with AVR. AVR went kaput so it was idle for almost one year. Now i have connected it to Integrated amp.
Now I will try to answer for query: SVS tem explained me that mode changing( 16Hz to 20Hz) will also do the phase changing.
In simple way; for each mode the phase angle need to be adjusted and some of them may depends on room response.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Now i have connected it to Integrated amp.
Now I will try to answer for query: SVS tem explained me that mode changing( 16Hz to 20Hz) will also do the phase changing.
In simple way; for each mode the phase angle need to be adjusted and some of them may depends on room response.

By integrating sub with mains, i was assuming crossover between them and also the phase knob on the sub helps in integrating with mains..

Though I don't have good understanding of room modes, just wondering how did the port tuning solve phase issues..How have you crossed the mains?..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back