Marantz Owner Thread...

A stereo amp will always trump a receiver for 2 channel listening. A receiver trumps the stereo amp when it comes to multi channel decoding of movies which a stereo amp is not capable of.

So if requirement is for 2 channel listening, then a stereo amp is the way to go.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does anyone here having both high end SR series (AVR) and PM series (stereo amplifier) from marantz and is there significant difference in hearing music comparatively between them.?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I use the SR series and is very happy with the sound signature for music...i use Polk RTiA1s and 12 inch powered subwoofer....85% music use....

PM series stereo amp is at my Moms place (Family House) and that too is good...

Both are punchy and warm....remember it all depends on the source of content, quality of content, the wires and cables transporting the content to AVR or AMP and then the Output through speakers....

I feel that the SR series has an edge over the PM series for its AVR capabilities, adjustable 9 Band EQ and a host of input options....

I have audition Marantz PM7005 and Marantz SR5011 with Bostan Acoustic A360 in past. PM7005 was certainly better sounding Amplifier than SR5011. With same speakars PM7005, bass was agile and tight. Mid range was more detail and lively than SR5011.Vocal dynamic were very good. Highs were smooth but not chrisp. ( May be Speakars problem ). Also audition SR5011 with Wharfdale 230, but PM7005 was way better than SR5011.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk
I have SR5008 with wharfedale 9.5 Quite often AVR was getting heated up and went for service centre multiple times for the consequences. Some one said the speakers are low sensitive which could be the reason.
So, I bought pm6005 and the moment it is connected to speakers, I was really blown away by the difference.
Somebody say I all depends on how you tweak the AVR. But I didn't go for any tweeking for stereo listening and was always in pure direct mode in any case.

So my choice will be stereo amp.

Hi everyone,

I am an audio enthusiast taking baby steps in this fascinating world. I recently bought a NR1506 with Diamond 225 bookshelves with a plan to gradually build 5.1 setup. I am now looking for a decent entry level sub which will complement well my current setup.
My listening area is small ~ 1200 cubic feet with use 60:40 tilted for music. Looking for suggestion/ advice if Emotiva BasX S10 is the right choice. Unfortunately there aren't much reviews on the web.
Thanks in advance

I think some of forum members are the owners of BasX12 and giving very good feedback about the sound and build quality. Its comparable to svs subs with reasonable price and basx10 will give you same quality too..

Hi

You can also look at BIC America....ProAudioHome sells the same at competitive rates....blends quite well with satellites or bookshelf or towers...

Hi,

Have been using SR5010 past few months along with psb speakers and svs sub, somehow off lately not enjoying the movies sound, have noticed that it sounds better in multi channel stereo mode but moment I switch to dts/ surround mode then it's kind of very dull sound, not sharp as well.

Should I recalibrate the settings with help of audessey ? or any specific to look at ?

My current settings are
Reference
Dynamic eq ON

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

Honestly, Audyssey does not help much ...makes conservative calculations

i have re calibrated the EQ bit ...manually....this has helped to make the sound sharper to my ears and satisfaction....fine tweaking is always required......

Hi,

Have been using SR5010 past few months along with psb speakers and svs sub, somehow off lately not enjoying the movies sound, have noticed that it sounds better in multi channel stereo mode but moment I switch to dts/ surround mode then it's kind of very dull sound, not sharp as well.

Should I recalibrate the settings with help of audessey ? or any specific to look at ?

My current settings are
Reference
Dynamic eq ON

Cheers

Was there any change in your room? Furniture moved or something added to the room?

You could run the setup again as per the audyssey guides. Manually reset the crossovers. I usually keep the dynamic volume off, dynamic eq On and LFE only. Sub volume is set such that the gain on receiver is in the - 3 to +3 window.

MaSh

Need Help with Marantz SR7007!
I have been using this AVR without any problem for the last 3 years. I have Bi-Amped my speakers with 5.1 setup.
Last week, I changed Audyssey Calibration. Earlier it was for 3 positions, this time i did for 6 positions.

It has now started tripping after 3-4 min of playing music with red blink ever 2 seconds (Protection Mode).

Though, it works fine, when I play movies.
Even when I changed back calibration again for only 2 positions, its still the same problem.

I disconnected and reconnected all the wires to check for any short, all seems fine.

Pretty strange, cant figure out.
Please help guys!

Hi

If the speakers are power hungry and you are driving at loud volumes.....there needs to be proper supply of electric current....if not proper or there is a shortfall, the amp trips....and moves into protection mode...

Try another electric point and ensure all wires and cables are connected properly....

Last resort....reset the avr

Hi All,

Brought Marantz 5011 last week, now i am looking for speakers.

I have 2 options Monitor audio mass and Q Aquastics 7000i plus. auditioned both, Q Aquastics sounds better.
and i have used speaker option Wharfedale diamond 10.X series.

Any one using Marantz with Aquastics need your advise, good to go with
Q Aquastics 7000i. planning to by next month.

I have audition Marantz PM7005 and Marantz SR5011 with Bostan Acoustic A360 in past. PM7005 was certainly better sounding Amplifier than SR5011. With same speakars PM7005, bass was agile and tight. Mid range was more detail and lively than SR5011.Vocal dynamic were very good. Highs were smooth but not chrisp. ( May be Speakars problem ). Also audition SR5011 with Wharfdale 230, but PM7005 was way better than SR5011.

I understand that you were getting a SR6012, would you mind posting your review/comments on the same. Thanks in advance.

Not yet purchase, will wait till find same online information about performance but SR6011 was certainly a good av receiver with nine channels amplification and eleven channels pre-out. SR6012 will be certainly better on specifications wise as have 32bit DAC vs 24 bit on 6011 and most of the modern audio visual feature are onboard and pre loaded DTS X rather than upgrade version. Still not in hurry and will take my time.

Hi All,

Brought Marantz 5011 last week, now i am looking for speakers.

I have 2 options Monitor audio mass and Q Aquastics 7000i plus. auditioned both, Q Aquastics sounds better.
and i have used speaker option Wharfedale diamond 10.X series.

Any one using Marantz with Aquastics need your advise, good to go with
Q Aquastics 7000i. planning to by next month.

Hi

Q Acoustics will work and sound good for movies....music...it may not be that punchy......

I would suggest from all the speakers you auditioned...check which brand gives you maximum frequencies between 20hz - 20khz....also check on overall looks, budget etc and take a call....

For me personally, i would look at performance first then looks then budget

Hi All,

Proud owner of Marantz now. The Marantz SR6012! And what a difference boy compared to Denon 1200!

I feel the speakers are now working to their full potential. Bass is a lot meatier and punchier! Movies are amazing. Music too feels a lot refreshed. Feels like keeping on listening forever! :)

What's remote preset code to be used with airtel DTH (HD DVR Recorder) with Marantz 7011 remote.
Can somebody help, please?

What's remote preset code to be used with airtel DTH (HD DVR Recorder) with Marantz 7011 remote.
Can somebody help, please?

http://engineernabendu.blogspot.in/2013/02/airtel-digital-tv-remote-factory-reset.html?m=1

You can follow steps on this link to program your airtel remote for basic functions.

To program your Marantz remote, look it up on the Marantz website for your specific remote. Usually they have a pdf with all codes.

Google it a bit, you'll get the codes. I got for my NR1504 from a blog post.

MaSh

http://engineernabendu.blogspot.in/2013/02/airtel-digital-tv-remote-factory-reset.html?m=1

You can follow steps on this link to program your airtel remote for basic functions.

To program your Marantz remote, look it up on the Marantz website for your specific remote. Usually they have a pdf with all codes.

Google it a bit, you'll get the codes. I got for my NR1504 from a blog post.

MaSh

Thanks for the reply

I have the Marantz remote preset code pdf file, it doesnt have Airtel STB listed.
Googled before posting:)

BTW, whats the Airtel STB remote code you are using with Marantz NR1504

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back