Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi kaushik_dhume

I have connected TV out via Optical to the AVR inputs which is TV....you need to enable it in the INPUT menu....read the manual....this then works for all TV sources...even the HDD...(USB mode)...you may need to increase the input level for this source accordingly....which is 0 to 12....advise to keep the same between 10 or 12...not less....

I use a HD STB and given a COAXIAL out to the AVR to get the DD and DD+ benefit.....

There is HDMI out from STB which goes directly to TV so i can view and hear the channels with or without the AVR....

Hope this helps....
Thanks a lot for the inputs.have been extremely busy and not had the time to work on this .will definitely get back on this

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Okay stuck in a connectivity issue with my NR 1504. I have a HTPC hooked up to the receiver via HDMI. All good till this point.

I then tried to add a USB DAC between the PC and the receiver. The Analog out of the DAC was connected to Analog inputs on the receiver (e.g CD). This is where it gets weird. I updated the Input Assign table for the PC input such as HDMI input and under Analog I set 3 which is the CD Input. No Luck. No Audio.

If I then set the CD Input (3) on another Input option except for the PC HDMI input, I get the Audio but no Video.

So in short, I am unable to merge HDMI & Analog Inputs for my music listening. Either I have Video or I have Audio, not both together.

Has anyone tried this and been successful with it?

PS: No issues with Video or Audio when HDMI is used for them, which means, built in DAC is at work. I am just trying to use an external DAC, but I need Video of the PC to play Audio.

MaSh
Issue resolved. There is an option in the inputs menu which by default is Auto. However for some reason its not picking analog when it sees hdmi. Manually selecting Analog did the trick. Video from hdmi and audio from dac. Will have to keep switching back and forth though, or just drop the idea of an external dac till I add a stereo / power Amp.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

New Marantz owner.. Bought sr5011 yesterday.. Speaker is polk audio rm6800 7.1..

My first day experience here...

This is Warm warm warm and warm..

Entirely different from my previous onkyo signature..

Haven't done audessy setup.. Just played bluray disc from Sony bdp and some songs from oppo.. Both not matching my onkyo.. I think still need to do lot of tweaking..

My observation is, this avr is pretty warm.. Bass is good .. But weak treable..not sharp as onkyo :(... Getting used for this signature..

I think some weakness in my setup chain.. Dont know where and what..

Sony BDP&Oppo 980 - - > Marantz - - > Polk

Will keep posting my feedback..

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Last edited:
New Marantz owner.. Bought sr5011 yesterday.. Speaker is polk audio rm6800 7.1..

Entirely different from my previous onkyo signature..

Haven't done audessy setup.. Just played bluray disc from Sony bdp and some songs from oppo.. Both not matching my onkyo.. I think still need to do lot of tweaking..

My observation is, this avr is pretty warm.. Bass is good .. But weak treable..not sharp as onkyo :(... Getting used for this signature..

I think some weakness in my setup chain.. Dont know where and what..

Sony BDP&Oppo 980 - - > Marantz - - > Polk

Will keep posting my feedback..

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Run Audessey first and get back...
You'll be amazed at the difference it makes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not right to judge the system without telling it where it's running. First place the speakers correctly, run the auto setup and allow the system to break in. You will find details on these in the respective manuals.

Let us know after about 20 hrs, 50hrs, 100hrs of how it sounds.

MaSh

Recently audition Marantz SR6011 and found to be a very good AVR with equal emphasis on Movies as well as music. Marantz is a bit warmer than my Denon AVR 2113 and also digs more details. Bass is powerful but not punchy as Denon. Audition with Mission LX5 speakar, may be the speakers lack the punch in low end.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Marantz SR6011 owners, Please share your experience. Willing to purchase within the week. Your input will be a great help and support as stuck between Marantz SR6011 and Denon AVR x4300h. Speakars are Bostan Acoustic A360 and area is 220 sqft.

Marantz SR6011 owners, Please share your experience. Willing to purchase within the week. Your input will be a great help and support as stuck between Marantz SR6011 and Denon AVR x4300h. Speakars are Bostan Acoustic A360 and area is 220 sqft.

Have you listed down the differences and matched that to your requirements? Both are excellent units, just check out the auto setup versions, network features, pre outs available, hdmi ports for input and output, mobile app usability, etc. I am sure by the end, you'll have a winner.

MaSh

Your speakers decide most of it, for Boston Acoustics A360 I'd suggest you go with Marantz, I have SR7010 and loving it with BA26. Spec wise Denon has a upper hand if music is your at least 35% requirement then Marantz becomes an important alternative.

Marantz SR6011 is almost same as Denon X3300. So Spec wise superior X4300 has two inbuilt fans pretty important for India, HEOS compatibility, Zone 3, Configurable settings for 2 CH music which may be better than Marantz - Audition with your speakers and decide. if music is not one of your priorities ; going for Denon makes lot of sense. I was in a similar dilemma few months ago since music was one of the important considerations went for SR7010 instead.
What's the Price difference post GST ?

Hi rpmahale

As advised by FMs, do a specs check compare and see which one is better...most imp check the audessey setup as in which version is being used.....Marantz generally pairs well with Bostons....

I use a SR6008 and it is much better for music and movies...of course each one would have their own choices or preferences.....most seem to edge towards marantz

Run Audessey first and get back...
You'll be amazed at the difference it makes

Run Auddessy MultEq app and then do manual tweaking. It will make hell of a difference. Only downside is app is not free. You have to shell out Rs 1600 for the app. I'm sure you will not mind after spending thousands for new AVR,

I have compared both and read almost all review, Forum discussion on both the product. I have also audition Marantz SR6011 twice with KEF Q900 and Mission LX5. I certainly like the product. Specifications wise both are equally comparable just x4300 have HEOS and Marantz does not have. x4300 is 125w with 2 channel driven weights 13.5 Kg but Marantz with 110w with 2 channel driven weights 14 Kg. Marantz have multichannel pre in extra for SACD or DVD-A. From review Denon seems to be more dynamic with greater control on bass and impactful movie sound whereas Marantz is more musical with lively midrange and more detail high frequencies. Currently have Denon AVR 2113 paired with BA A360 and a really satisfied Denon owner. Preferance for music and movies is almost equal with inclination towards music is more but purchase equal amount of Blu ray also.

Not yet audition Denon x4300h as it is not available for auditions but audition x2300 with BA 360 and Marantz SR6011 sounds better than x2300 in all departments . Not possible to carry speakar for auditions as they are huge and bulky, requires to travel for at least 50km one sided.

I have compared both and read almost all review, Forum discussion on both the product. I have also audition Marantz SR6011 twice with KEF Q900 and Mission LX5. I certainly like the product. Specifications wise both are equally comparable just x4300 have HEOS and Marantz does not have. x4300 is 125w with 2 channel driven weights 13.5 Kg but Marantz with 110w with 2 channel driven weights 14 Kg. Marantz have multichannel pre in extra for SACD or DVD-A. From review Denon seems to be more dynamic with greater control on bass and impactful movie sound whereas Marantz is more musical with lively midrange and more detail high frequencies. Currently have Denon AVR 2113 paired with BA A360 and a really satisfied Denon owner. Preferance for music and movies is almost equal with inclination towards music is more but purchase equal amount of Blu ray also.

I think you should go with Marantz SR series as you have a equal preference for music as well, I had a Denon x2200w earlier which I disliked for music performance but currently listening most of my music on Marantz SR 7010. It has a phono input and plays DSD via USB port.
Why not Marantz SR 7011, What's the prices you've been quoted?

Last edited:
Thanks FM for your kind help and support. Price part is not yet finalized as still in audition phase. Mostly this weekend will audition Denon and will decide. Your inputs in this regards are highly appreciated and on priority consideration. Thanks FM

Video output through AVR instead of setting video output to auto. Wait I will post pic after I return home in the evening.

In my Denon AVR, Video Mote is "Auto", Video conversion is "On" & i/p scaler "off" and the rest of setting to off.. Do you have similar settings on your AVR?

Thanks FM for your kind help and support. Price part is not yet finalized as still in audition phase. Mostly this weekend will audition Denon and will decide. Your inputs in this regards are highly appreciated and on priority consideration. Thanks FM

If you are planning to pick Denon AVR x300 series, might be a good time as the newer series x400 have been announced and you might get the older series for a discounted price..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back