Marantz Owner Thread...

I recently acuired Marantz SR5006. Everythi g is pretty good except for the amount of heat that it generates. Is it by nature or its malfunctioning. Plz share your suggestions if any additional cooling fan to be installed on the top of cabinet to keep it cool.

Marantz is a high current Amplifier which needs good speakers to output good audio. Taga Harmony is a average speaker you need to add a subwoofer and keep the speakers as small at 80Hz. Remember not to keep high volumes that would damage the speakers.
Thanks Praveen for your valuable feedback. Im on hunt for a decent Sub.

On Friday Bought SR5012, very musical and detailed sounding avr. I'm also facing same heating issue. Yesterday called dealer to send his technician again and he came twice checked every thing and told me its normal and after raising my concern again he told me to give new unit if anything wrong happens.

Also please advise if i use it's front R L preout to connect my onkyo's pre-in to take some load from marantz.

Happy listening ...

On Friday Bought SR5012, very musical and detailed sounding avr. I'm also facing same heating issue. Yesterday called dealer to send his technician again and he came twice checked every thing and told me its normal and after raising my concern again he told me to give new unit if anything wrong happens.

Also please advise if i use it's front R L preout to connect my onkyo's pre-in to take some load from marantz.

Happy listening ...

It's normal for marantz to heat just use a good laptop cooling pad over it and you will be fine.

I recently acuired Marantz SR5006. Everythi g is pretty good except for the amount of heat that it generates. Is it by nature or its malfunctioning. Plz share your suggestions if any additional cooling fan to be installed on the top of cabinet to keep it cool.

How much heat are we talking about? Is it too hot to touch? Heat generation is normal as long as the unit is in the open and not too hot to touch.

MaSh

Did you Audition a Taga Harmony 606SE with Marantz SR50xx series? I have done that with those so said average speakers to withstand its output.

Nope.. Not the models you have mentioned.. But yes Taga 506 v2 with Pioneer VSX 1131 in a forum member place.. He didn't have a sub, and i think the speakers were fantastic.. Couldn't complain a 5.0 set-up for 22K INR :)..

As per various reviews in different forums, I learnt that heat is excessively generated in Marantz AV. Today i installed an add-on cooling fan bought for 300 on top of the receiver to exhaust the heat. It works a miracle without any heat getting generated.

Please can you share a picture of the fan and where you kept and how you powered so that other FM's will try that.

If your AVR has USB input, you can consider a USB laptop cooling fan.. You can connect it to the AVR thru USB and it will run when the AVR is in use..

Marantz 5005,5006 do generate more heat.l have experienced personally.Even Rotel RB985 which l had in past used to generate a lot heat.High current design amps usually do get hotter,but can touchable.
Regarding Taga 606SE,those(towers) have good sensitivity.

How much heat are we talking about? Is it too hot to touch? Heat generation is normal as long as the unit is in the open and not too hot to touch.

MaSh
Unit is touchable, yesterday i placed it outside of my rack and unit cool down to 50%. Today going to get a USB cooling fan to place on top of it, will update accordingly..

Unit is touchable, yesterday i placed it outside of my rack and unit cool down to 50%. Today going to get a USB cooling fan to place on top of it, will update accordingly..
I would suggest use seperate usb adapter/mobile charger with removable usb port instead of using inbuilt Marantz usb port.
So that your usb fan current drain (even thou it is mA) will not affect the Marantz inbuilt powersupply load. If we use the inbuilt usb port it can add up few more deg heat dissipation.

Hi Guys,

Buying myself SR6012 from Auditro systems, Kolkatta (if anyone dealt with them before) price quoted is 90k with warranty (without taxes I suppose), is it a good deal? also I have wharfedale 225 fronts which I want to keep apart from this suggestions about speaker that will go well with Marantz or shall I stick with wharefdale 220 c as center and wharfedale 220 as surrounds. I can move whf 225 to surrounds if needed , interested in 5.1 for now.
thanks

Hi Guys,

Buying myself SR6012 from Auditro systems, Kolkatta (if anyone dealt with them before) price quoted is 90k with warranty (without taxes I suppose), is it a good deal? also I have wharfedale 225 fronts which I want to keep apart from this suggestions about speaker that will go well with Marantz or shall I stick with wharefdale 220 c as center and wharfedale 220 as surrounds. I can move whf 225 to surrounds if needed , interested in 5.1 for now.
thanks

Wow thats a good receiver. Regarding speakers, they are very good speakers. Decide on changing them after listening to them with the Marantz. Which receiver do you have currently?

MaSh

Wow thats a good receiver. Regarding speakers, they are very good speakers. Decide on changing them after listening to them with the Marantz. Which receiver do you have currently?

MaSh
I was using them with Yamaha HTR3066 for the time being but now decided to upgrade to use them to their full capacity.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back