Marantz Owner Thread...

I think 5013 does not come with a display but just a small round source indicator and thus it may be mandatory to connect a display for setting it up.

Yes, the round display displays the current menu item. Not convenient but if one wants to do it without a Monitor, then that is all there is. It helps if the person knows the Marantz menu layout, or follows the Manual.

MaSh

Yes, the round display displays the current menu item. Not convenient but if one wants to do it without a Monitor, then that is all there is. It helps if the person knows the Marantz menu layout, or follows the Manual.

MaSh
AFAIK for initial setup a display monitor is must for Marantz, I have read it somewhere, not sure if its right or not. I think OP will let us know once he opens the Magic box.

@manav24 you are right. Set up doesn't go ahead unless TV/monitor is connected. I did set up the same with front and center speakers. As of now, Subwoofer is not detected by audessey. Connections are alright, but sound is nothing beyond single thump while connecting the input cable and continuous humm after the connection.

AFAIK for initial setup a display monitor is must for Marantz, I have read it somewhere, not sure if its right or not. I think OP will let us know once he opens the Magic box.
That's bad then. Looks like they went backwards on this then. However, logically thinking, how can there be a home theater without a Display.

@manav24 you are right. Set up doesn't go ahead unless TV/monitor is connected. I did set up the same with front and center speakers. As of now, Subwoofer is not detected by audessey. Connections are alright, but sound is nothing beyond single thump while connecting the input cable and continuous humm after the connection.

You did the setup without a Display? Sub not detected even with the pink noise or there was no pink nice?

MaSh

MaSh

That's bad then. Looks like they went backwards on this then. However, logically thinking, how can there be a home theater without a Display.

You did the setup without a Display? Sub not detected even with the pink noise or there was no pink nice?

MaSh

MaSh
May sound odd but I kind of like it.
Maybe it's just me but With all the high-res displays around us, the silly dot matrix style displays on AVRs look really dated.
With the OSD menus, or better still, IP based control for all settings, that display , large or small is pretty much useless anyway other than displaying the source perhaps

MaSh

MaSh

I used a tv for set up. Set up did not move unless I connected a TV. So TV/some kind of external display is a must IMO. For subwoofer, as humming sound was loud, I had set volume at 20 which was very low (highest 80). Audessey failed to detect it. I raised it to 74. Then subwoofer was detected and everything played well. Speakers set, BT set. Tomorrow I will do balance set up incl network, may be projector etc.

I used a tv for set up. Set up did not move unless I connected a TV. So TV/some kind of external display is a must IMO. For subwoofer, as humming sound was loud, I had set volume at 20 which was very low (highest 80). Audessey failed to detect it. I raised it to 74. Then subwoofer was detected and everything played well. Speakers set, BT set. Tomorrow I will do balance set up incl network, may be projector etc.
Ahh that's good to know. All the best setting it up.

MaSh

I think 5013 does not come with a display but just a small round source indicator and thus it may be mandatory to connect a display for setting it up.
6 series avr shows all steps on that round display without need of display.Not sure about 5 series.AVRs before sr6008 did not have that facility.

6 series avr shows all steps on that round display without need of display.Not sure about 5 series.AVRs before sr6008 did not have that facility.
I am not sure if that is possible with new out of box receiver as apparently initial setup needs to be done through "Setup Assistant" of Marantz and it can only be done on a display connected to AVR, May be earlier year models were able to do that.

Last edited:
I am not sure if that is possible with new out of box receiver as apparently initial setup needs to be done through "Setup Assistant" of Marantz and it can only be done on a display connected to AVR.
l have not checked that way either.New user can check if its possible.:)

l have not checked that way either.New user can check if its possible.:)
I am not able to do it on even SR 7012 which has dual display, apparently they made it mandatory to use inbuilt setup assistant for initial setting up, but that makes sense as lots of setting has to be done on new receiver like number of speakers and terminal used, location of speaker (height or overhead) which is impossible to do on receiver.

I am not able to do it on even SR 7012 which has dual display, apparently they made it mandatory to use inbuilt setup assistant for initial setting up, but that makes sense as lots of setting has to be done on new receiver like number of speakers and terminal used, location of speaker (height or overhead) which is impossible to do on receiver.
You should be able to do it
If I recall correctly, the display will say something like "connect tv" when you plug it in.
You can press the back button here- select cancel auto setup on the previous screen and proceed further.
The best method after this point would be using a laptop browser to go to the AVR control page - click on settings and proceed further

At least the models up till 2015 used to have this - the 2017+ models may be different

You should be able to do it
If I recall correctly, the display will say something like "connect tv" when you plug it in.
You can press the back button here- select cancel auto setup on the previous screen and proceed further.
The best method after this point would be using a laptop browser to go to the AVR control page - click on settings and proceed further

At least the models up till 2015 used to have this - the 2017+ models may be different
IP Control can't be done on HEOS based receivers, as per Marantz support "
"The SR7012 is a HEOS based model, these models do NOT have web control capabilities hence the error message you were receiving.
Hope this clears up some of the mystery, apologies!"
"

IP Control can't be done on HEOS based receivers, as per Marantz support "
"The SR7012 is a HEOS based model, these models do NOT have web control capabilities hence the error message you were receiving.
Hope this clears up some of the mystery, apologies!"
"

I have also noticed that if another wifi network is connected then, earlier wifi network does not remain in memory. Also, it needs password every time even to connect to the same network after switch on. Is there any way that AVR will remember all networks, just like smartphone/alexa?

I have also noticed that if another wifi network is connected then, earlier wifi network does not remain in memory. Also, it needs password every time even to connect to the same network after switch on. Is there any way that AVR will remember all networks, just like smartphone/alexa?
that is not correct, I have it connected to wifi and never needed to put in the password again, it was shutoff due to power outages and otherwise as well in regular course.

My CD6004 is again giving problems with playback. It is 8 years old and CDs [good ones with no scratch] stop playing intermittently. It doesn't stop at same place on the CD/track but randomly. I used a CD lens cleaner from Allsop. It has reduced the problem, but still CD stops after a couple or so tracks and I have to press "stop" and start again.
Is this a failing lens issue or dirty lens which can start working if cleaned several times. The Allsop cleaner [linked below], has been very good with my other CD players and drives, only with marantz it has hit a roadblock. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Hi, i got a Marantz sr6013 recently. Generally what is the heat produced when running continuosly for 4-5 hours ?

Hi, i got a Marantz sr6013 recently. Generally what is the heat produced when running continuosly for 4-5 hours ?
it depends on the ambient temperature and if its kept in open or in a shelf, but it can get seriously hot and effect the AVR's life for sure if not controlled.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back