Marantz Owner Thread...

With my SR6013, it does not provide any ARC even if the TV shows ARC active. I have tried all combinations of ports and settings, but with no success. However, I stopped trying, as a friend's Denon AVR had the HDMI board fried, and it was refused warranty, stating that the ARC somehow spoilt it. With a Toslink output from TV to AVR, I get 2.1 sound, not 5.1.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/marantz-owner-thread.64820/post-926250

It was a settings issue and not the AVR's. The AVR is working fine. The AC Infinity fans are keeping the receiver cool and now I am even less worried.

Are Marantz Made in Vietnam amps better in any sense than their counterparts made in China ?
Qs to @efernand1 and others ...

I had a SR6009 which was Made in China and clearly there is a difference in the Finishing of Built quality, my speakers have not changed nor has the room. I dont see any fatigue in performance on the loud volumes I general run the AVR for movies or music...clearly there is a difference in my opinion and based on my experience with Marantz as a brand used for more than 8 years now......must be better quality components....Being a former DJ after using various kinds of components and audio gear, there is a difference.

Are Marantz Made in Vietnam amps better in any sense than their counterparts made in China ?
Qs to @efernand1 and others ...
I can say all depends on parts available in that area. I have used SR 5006, SR6006,SR7007 also tested FM6008 before SR6011.Some how I found, SR 6006 had more power and smoothness than all others. SR6006 made in China, 6011 in Vietnam.I am comparing sonically and not look or finish. With new AVR one can set speaker impedence.

Hi All,
Would seek your guidance on the below
I am stepping down from SR7008 to simple 5 channel receiver
Need your help to decide from the below listed receivers
Its for bedroom use, 60% music and 40% movie, my current speakers are bit outdated so looking at using Pioneer SP FS52 / Taga Harmony 506/606 speakers

Marantz NR1509 - 31k without warranty
Marantz NR1510 - 41k without warranty
Denon X550BT - 31k WITH WARRANTY (i don't like the clip type pins)

I am also getting Marantz PM 6007 for 35k / Marantz NR 1200 for 45k, I am considering these because it would avoid taking through cables all over bedroom to get 5 channels, however not sure how good it would be for movies since it has only 2*45w power that I believe too low

Thanks in advance for your time to read through and advise

Hi All,
Its for bedroom use, 60% music and 40% movie, my current speakers are bit outdated so looking at using Pioneer SP FS52 / Taga Harmony 506/606 speakers

I am also getting Marantz PM 6007 for 35k / Marantz NR 1200 for 45k, I am considering these because it would avoid taking through cables all over bedroom to get 5 channels, however not sure how good it would be for movies since it has only 2*45w power that I believe too low

i got NR1509 in sept 2020 for 32.5k from Hifi mart so buying one now for 31k without warranty is big no. Also this has been discontinued (not listed on US site anymore)

Hi All,

Since you used a Marantz already, dont think you will settle for another brand and then later regret the decision....buy a NR series......

If you are in for stereo then the NR1200 makes sense...please note that there is no audyssey calibration ..it has a decent 75 + 75 output....which is punchy.....Bass Treble controls.....subwoofer out.....check all specs before deciding on this model

The NR1509 seems a bit priced high...check with Anil from Hifimart for the best deal or see other competitive dealers...

If you are considering getting the SR6007....then why even purchase when you have the SR7008 which will perform better??? More or less same in size but height another 2 inches more.......

i got NR1509 in sept 2020 for 32.5k from Hifi mart so buying one now for 31k without warranty is big no. Also this has been discontinued (not listed on US site anymore)
Thanks Sid, 32.5k is a great price with warranty, i don't see anything available now. I see the replacement model 1510 quoted 67k (out of stock) in Hifi Mart.

Would you like to recommend any alternate in the same price bracket

For sometime I had PM6005 and NR1609 together. Inspite of rated power being less, the 2 channel amplifier was clearly louder than the AVR. And sound quality was noticeably better. If you don't need surrounds, PM6007 is a no brainer over the NR1509 /1510

For sometime I had PM6005 and NR1609 together. Inspite of rated power being less, the 2 channel amplifier was clearly louder than the AVR. And sound quality was noticeably better. If you don't need surrounds, PM6007 is a no brainer over the NR1509 /1510
Thanks very much, yeah i have also heard even though Integrated Amps wattage is less it would sound louder than the AC receiver qouted with double the wattage, i really could not understand this :)

Btw, few drawbacks that I could see are, No HDMI (to connect Fire Stick) and No BT / Wifi. Digital in, Sub Out and Analog out are plus. Let me think over it if i can compromise on the features over the audio

Would you be able to comment, how good PM6007 for movies, Thanks

Btw, few drawbacks that I could see are, No HDMI (to connect Fire Stick) and No BT / Wifi. Digital in, Sub Out and Analog out are plus. Let me think over it if i can compromise on the features over the audio

Would you be able to comment, how good PM6007 for movies, Thanks
In that case you may consider this. A good compromise between the two. Available for 55 K after discount at Hifimart.com, with warranty.

Since you were considering NR1509 without warranty, you may consider NR1508 from reliance digital. I bought open box NR1508 with one year warranty at 18.5k, 17k Effectively with Citi. Someone else also bought from reliance at 26k with extra 2 year extended warranty few months back.

Since you were considering NR1509 without warranty, you may consider NR1508 from reliance digital. I bought open box NR1508 with one year warranty at 18.5k, 17k Effectively with Citi. Someone else also bought from reliance at 26k with extra 2 year extended warranty few months back.
Thanks for your inputs, nothing as such available now, may be am late

This should help for NR1200

Thanks very much for the videos this helps to understand NR1200 better, i have seen somewhere it will take only 2 channel from HDMI not 2.1
Btw - I am getting an offer of 29k for NR1509 without warranty and they are trying to push me to Denon S650H for 39k with warranty, kind of going into chaos mode, maybe i need to put a pause for couple of days though NR1509 fits the bill in terms of feature and also budget

Pick the NR1509 and say give 6 months warranty....else bargain for 25k and pick it without warranty...pls test all the functions you will use.....audyssey is imp so that should work

Pick the NR1509 and say give 6 months warranty....else bargain for 25k and pick it without warranty...pls test all the functions you will use.....audyssey is imp so that should work
Thanks again for helping me with your inputs.

Dealer is not coming dow even 100rs from 29k :)- I don't see any other dealer is having this one now, seems not much options available

Let me hold on for couple of days before taking the call

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back