Marantz Owner Thread...

Folks, Is it okay to buy a Marantz AVR from the grey market? No warranty.
But, having tried my hands at a pre-owned AVR without warranty before, I'm considering to purchase one.

Any inputs on this?
If you trust the dealer and can personally validate the unit, then yes why not. Comparatively it would be much cheaper than the one with warranty. Moreover warranty would be for a year or so during which it is very rare for a unit to fail.

MaSh

If you trust the dealer and can personally validate the unit, then yes why not. Comparatively it would be much cheaper than the one with warranty. Moreover warranty would be for a year or so during which it is very rare for a unit to fail.

MaSh
For Marantz, I think warranty is for 3 years.

With slight risk u can go for grey market products as told by fm avr failing in the first year is usually rare and in grey market they provide support for your product with minimal cost

Marantz SR7008 - Audio cutting off after 10 to 15mins - Sorry for being so lengthy

Hello All,
I have been using Denon AVR 3805 and upgraded to Marantz SR7008 couple of years back
I am having bitter experience with Marantz and not interested to continue anymore if this issue cannot be resolved or it would cost too much. Would appreciate your advise if it is related to any setup issue, I also admit that the setup is bit advanced for me

Sometime back my primary HDMI out stopped working but i managed to get the HDMI out through ZONE-2 and driving the audio in my main Zone

I am having 3 inputs to my device i.e Firestick, Analog Audio & IPOD

A week back, while watching a movie, audio was cutting off intermittent and in few mins it was gone completely

I thought the issue was with Firestick. However, audio is being passed properly to TV
I tried checking the audio setup in Firestick and the SR7008 setup, everything appears good

As i was trying out the setup could notice a strange thing as mentioned below :-

Setup - Bluray Source(Firestick) - Zone 2 Video Out - Master Zone Audio Out - VIDEO IS WORKING FINE and Audio is cutting off after few mins

For the above setup when I change the source for Zone-2 from Bluray to DVD - AUDIO IS WORKING FINE and it is coming from Bluray source through DvD but Video is not going to TV through Zone-2

This proves that the Audio and Video are coming from firestick but not managed properly from SR7008
My Analog and IPOD inputs are working fine, I believe the Optical & Coax will also be working

I am looking for some Audio Guru's advise if this is a setup issue or a HDMI board problem and how do it get it resolved

Note : I have cleaned up the HDMI pins with IPA cleaner

Thanks, Srini

Marantz SR7008 - Audio cutting off after 10 to 15mins - Sorry for being so lengthy

Hello All,
I have been using Denon AVR 3805 and upgraded to Marantz SR7008 couple of years back
I am having bitter experience with Marantz and not interested to continue anymore if this issue cannot be resolved or it would cost too much. Would appreciate your advise if it is related to any setup issue, I also admit that the setup is bit advanced for me

Sometime back my primary HDMI out stopped working but i managed to get the HDMI out through ZONE-2 and driving the audio in my main Zone

I am having 3 inputs to my device i.e Firestick, Analog Audio & IPOD

A week back, while watching a movie, audio was cutting off intermittent and in few mins it was gone completely

I thought the issue was with Firestick. However, audio is being passed properly to TV
I tried checking the audio setup in Firestick and the SR7008 setup, everything appears good

As i was trying out the setup could notice a strange thing as mentioned below :-

Setup - Bluray Source(Firestick) - Zone 2 Video Out - Master Zone Audio Out - VIDEO IS WORKING FINE and Audio is cutting off after few mins

For the above setup when I change the source for Zone-2 from Bluray to DVD - AUDIO IS WORKING FINE and it is coming from Bluray source through DvD but Video is not going to TV through Zone-2

This proves that the Audio and Video are coming from firestick but not managed properly from SR7008
My Analog and IPOD inputs are working fine, I believe the Optical & Coax will also be working

I am looking for some Audio Guru's advise if this is a setup issue or a HDMI board problem and how do it get it resolved

Note : I have cleaned up the HDMI pins with IPA cleaner

Thanks, Srini

Prima Facie indicates HDMI board weakening as this is indeed an old models. Seven models have been launched after that! I keep changing my Marantz AVRs after every 3 years as Most of the models we get are made in China and components dont really last long.

If you are connecting everything as per the manual and still facing issues, clear indication that HDMI Board is failing.

Prima Facie indicates HDMI board weakening as this is indeed an old models. Seven models have been launched after that! I keep changing my Marantz AVRs after every 3 years as Most of the models we get are made in China and components dont really last long.

If you are connecting everything as per the manual and still facing issues, clear indication that HDMI Board is failing.
Thanks for your inputs, worried if the HDMI board is failing :-(

For the product with premium price, components should have appropriate quality especially from big brands like Marantz
I cannot afford to keep changing the receiver :-( , may be i should down grade to simple 5.1 so i can move on as an when its failing

Btw - it seems receiver manufacturers have lot to improve on HDMI to produce some reliable product

Luckily, I am still keeping my Denon Avr 3805 which is still working fine may be because NO HDMI

Thanks for your inputs, worried if the HDMI board is failing :-(

For the product with premium price, components should have appropriate quality especially from big brands like Marantz
I cannot afford to keep changing the receiver :-( , may be i should down grade to simple 5.1 so i can move on as an when its failing

Btw - it seems receiver manufacturers have lot to improve on HDMI to produce some reliable product

Luckily, I am still keeping my Denon Avr 3805 which is still working fine may be because NO HDMI

Old AVRs of the 90s..most made in Japan or Vietnam etc. Last much longer.

The latest ones be it AVRs or TV etc are mostly made in China ..average components used and hence have small life between 3-6 years....crosses 6 years and still works...consider it a boon and be prepared for it to fail / breakdown suddenly.

Today's age...no repairer or hardly any repairers to do component level repairing. Its simple change of circuit boards for repairs. Abroad costing of replacement / repairs is cheaper, good service, Here in India we have to struggle.

I agree most of us cant afford frequent upgrades, most (sometimes me too) would look at pre owned and do upgrades if necessary. I go for those models which will fulfill my requirement for now and maybe 6 to 12 months down the line should my mind change for something more....

example the SR6015 is the latest model and is very expensive, I am currently content with the SR6010 which fulfills my requirement and was lucky to get a Made in Vietnam piece.

It can be HDMI cable or loose connection. With loose connection, I found that video works but no sound with firestick 4K. Also if 7008 HDMI board get heated much, its possible that sound may not decode.

It can be HDMI cable or loose connection. With loose connection, I found that video works but no sound with firestick 4K. Also if 7008 HDMI board get heated much, its possible that sound may not decode.
Thanks for your inputs

My exhaust ensures that the system is not getting hot

Tried changing the connection blue ray to dvd, was holding on my hand to check if it is working, i have also cleaned up the HDMI Pins. Though audio not coming from the receiver it passed to the TV properly

When audio is cutting off in Bluray source it is working fine when routed to DVD, it is strange :-(

Old AVRs of the 90s..most made in Japan or Vietnam etc. Last much longer.

The latest ones be it AVRs or TV etc are mostly made in China ..average components used and hence have small life between 3-6 years....crosses 6 years and still works...consider it a boon and be prepared for it to fail / breakdown suddenly.

Today's age...no repairer or hardly any repairers to do component level repairing. Its simple change of circuit boards for repairs. Abroad costing of replacement / repairs is cheaper, good service, Here in India we have to struggle.

I agree most of us cant afford frequent upgrades, most (sometimes me too) would look at pre owned and do upgrades if necessary. I go for those models which will fulfill my requirement for now and maybe 6 to 12 months down the line should my mind change for something more....

example the SR6015 is the latest model and is very expensive, I am currently content with the SR6010 which fulfills my requirement and was lucky to get a Made in Vietnam piece.
Thanks very much for giving me better understanding over these modern receivers and its life. My Old Denon AVR 3805 is 10+ years old and it is still running great. As you said, where it was made matters, my Denon was Made in Japan

I think its better to continue with my Denon for few more years, bitter experience with these HDMI receivers and considering its life its not really worth or value for money :-(

I am still holding my Yamaha DSP A2 as well :) and it is in working condition touch wood, may be i can revisit that too, because my usage is primarily for music, however I need 5.1 for sure to watch movies too. Denon AVR 3805 & Yamaha DSP A2 are still able to satisfy my requirement

Also as you said, you got yours made in Vietnam, let me check if am lucky enough to get in made outside china :)

Thanks again for your inputs, it is really helpful

Thanks very much for giving me better understanding over these modern receivers and its life. My Old Denon AVR 3805 is 10+ years old and it is still running great. As you said, where it was made matters, my Denon was Made in Japan

I think its better to continue with my Denon for few more years, bitter experience with these HDMI receivers and considering its life its not really worth or value for money :-(

I am still holding my Yamaha DSP A2 as well :) and it is in working condition touch wood, may be i can revisit that too, because my usage is primarily for music, however I need 5.1 for sure to watch movies too. Denon AVR 3805 & Yamaha DSP A2 are still able to satisfy my requirement

Also as you said, you got yours made in Vietnam, let me check if am lucky enough to get in made outside china :)

Thanks again for your inputs, it is really helpful
Welcome

All the best!

Its good.

Although 50 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms load, it can drive well decent speakers. If speakers have a higher sensitivity level, no issues!

Audyssey sets conservative levels for speakers, you can refer to manual and tweak levels (db) for each speaker to suit your hearing reqiuirements.

Clean and good for stereo 2.0 or 2.1

I used multiple NR series in a room which is 250 sq ft. My old NR1606 which i sold to my friend uses pulz towers and other surround speakers (7.1) in a 600 sq ft hall...works like a charm for the last 4 years with no issues.

Check all functions etc and pick it up. You need to run audyssey compulsory to get the best from the AVR......hope your speakers are really good!

I have used NR1509 before getting the SR6013, only because I wanted more channels. The 1509 is good for 5.1. I especially liked the stereo music reproduction, driving Dali Z7's with ease. The main advantage is that it has a toroidal transformer, which allows it to run cool to touch. If you want more power later, add a Power Amp. The heating problem is a persistent one with the larger Marantz AVR's with the EL core.

I got my Marantz 7010 from the repairs. They replaced the HDMI board. Now I have two problems.

1. ARC from TV to Marantz is not outputting any sound.
2. 2 channel music from Youtube, Spotify etc is not upscaled to 5.1 or Atmos.

Any help would be appreciated.
With my SR6013, it does not provide any ARC even if the TV shows ARC active. I have tried all combinations of ports and settings, but with no success. However, I stopped trying, as a friend's Denon AVR had the HDMI board fried, and it was refused warranty, stating that the ARC somehow spoilt it. With a Toslink output from TV to AVR, I get 2.1 sound, not 5.1.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back