Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi All,
Would seek your guidance on the below
I am stepping down from SR7008 to simple 5 channel receiver
Need your help to decide from the below listed receivers
Its for bedroom use, 60% music and 40% movie, my current speakers are bit outdated so looking at using Pioneer SP FS52 / Taga Harmony 506/606 speakers

Marantz NR1509 - 31k without warranty
Marantz NR1510 - 41k without warranty
Denon X550BT - 31k WITH WARRANTY (i don't like the clip type pins)

I am also getting Marantz PM 6007 for 35k / Marantz NR 1200 for 45k, I am considering these because it would avoid taking through cables all over bedroom to get 5 channels, however not sure how good it would be for movies since it has only 2*45w power that I believe too low

Thanks in advance for your time to read through and advise
I'd recommend you to check out Marantz NR 1200 and audition it. It might sound like a compromise as you are considering 5 channels.
But, with your requirement of 60% music, I'd definitely lean towards a stereo receiver than an AVR. I'd consider an AVR in a bedroom only if you are really keen with having surrounds. Else, not worth the hassle IMO.

Which one has Toroidal transformer ? !
Afaik in latest generation Marantz ,Only SR8012,SR8015 has Toroidal transformer.
Sorry for the misinfo - on further check, I realised NR1509 has EI xformer and not Toroidal. It did run absolutely cool to touch throughout driving 5.1 channels. The SR6013 continues to run hot even on stereo - with a Power AMP taking the load. I have a tablefan blowing air over it to keep it manageable.

I have connected my marantz 1509 avr with my tv LG CX and setup hdmi cec to control avr with tv remote. Volume and direction controls are working but select/ok controls are not working. Any solution?

Hi Friends,
Need help in adding 2 subwoofers to my Marantz SR 5015. By default it is detecting only 1 sub at Sub1 primary out. When the other sub is connected at the Secondary Sub2 out, the avr is not detecting it and not showing it in the Audessy setup. Tried to add via Amp assign, but not successful. In manual speaker config, it only shows Subwoofer -yes or no, but don't see the 2nd Sub option. Even if I start doing Audessy, the avr only detects 1 Sub. I am using LCR with emotiva xpa3 via avr pre outs. The surrounds r directly connected to the avr. 1 Sub is already there... The 2nd Sub is working separately when connected to the primary, but not together though my AVR is 7.2. There is something I am missing, need help.

Kaushik: Guys the solution we got..... Finally Both the subs play the same sound... And no option to do audessy separately.... Once we configure 1 Sub... The same sound will come from the 2nd sub too. When checked in tones with volume up..... Both the subs are making sound together.
Two subwoofer out is there as 7.2 but only 7.1 processing preout.
So it effectively has a splitter inside. Now getting same sound from both the subs with one configured in Audessy. Strange but that's the truth with SR5015.

Kaushik: Guys the solution we got..... Finally Both the subs play the same sound... And no option to do audessy separately.... Once we configure 1 Sub... The same sound will come from the 2nd sub too. When checked in tones with volume up..... Both the subs are making sound together.
Two subwoofer out is there as 7.2 but only 7.1 processing preout.
So it effectively has a splitter inside. Now getting same sound from both the subs with one configured in Audessy. Strange but that's the truth with SR5015.
What's the Audyssey version in that model? Is it XT or XT32? XT32 onwards you have individual Sub correction. All versions before this are single Sub correction irrespective of how many Sub Out Pre it may have.

MaSh

Last edited:
What's the Audyssey version in that model? Is it XT or XT32? XT32 onwards you have individual Sub correction. All versions before this are single Sub correction irrespective of how many Sub Out Pre it may have.

MaSh
It's XT and it's a single control for both of the subs.

Rather than using the Avr's inbuilt Audyssey, the Audyssey phone app may give the option of 2 subs as you get an edit option for the speakers.

Hi,
Just bought and just received the SR8015. Any tips to get the most out of it? It is a replacement for SR7009(will be putting it up for sale soon). I have a few 4K blu ray movies and obviously a 4K player. Mostly into movies (90%), 10% music.

Hi,
Just bought and just received the SR8015. Any tips to get the most out of it? It is a replacement for SR7009(will be putting it up for sale soon). I have a few 4K blu ray movies and obviously a 4K player. Mostly into movies (90%), 10% music.
Instead of solely relying on Audyssey, you might want to try channel matching and measuring the distances manually and see which result you prefer.

Hi,

Suggest you try running Audyssey first and check for a few days "Reference Settings" then change this to "FLAT" and see if any difference.

Later you can try manually and check from all the above which ones works to your taste!

All the best and congrats on the SR8015!

Suggest you try running Audyssey first and check for a few days "Reference Settings" then change this to "FLAT" and see if any difference.

Later you can try manually and check from all the above which ones works to your taste!

All the best and congrats on the SR8015!
Thank you for the suggestion and your wishes. Will definitely keep tweaking until I find a balance... Will coming back here for more suggestions!

Check out the detailed audyssey guide in AVSForum and callibrate your system accordingly.

For your callibration, use the multieq app as its a bit more flexible plus you can store any number of readings and upload it to the AVR at your convenience unlike the couple of presets you have in your AVR.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back