Marantz Owner Thread...

Did you try unplugging all sources and seeing if it still goes into protection and also whether the mild current goes away? Try removing all connections, input and output, one by one to check. If it still goes into protection, then get it checked by a technician.

MaSh
Thanks, I checked disconnecting the speakers but that did not help. I will check the disconnecting Inputs also. Since its so random, very difficult to reproduce the problem.

The separate thread to discuss is here

My AVR Marantz 7012 randomly going in Protection

I moved from Yamaha to Marantz and I finished the setup today.

Quick question. Marantz 6015 connected with Sony 75x800h on ARC. Tata sky connected with 6015.

HDMI CEC is functioning well, so TV on/off, turns AVR on/off and vice versa. Audio controls are working well together. However, changing the source in TV doesn't change the source in AVR. So when I press STB button (TV button in the remote), TV video switches to HDMI input mode but the AVR continues to stay on the TV audio mode. So for changing the source, I need to use both remotes in order to make it work. Yamaha was flawless in this.

I hope I have been able to explain the problem. Have any of you faced it? Any workaround or solution?

Thanks in advance for help.

I moved from Yamaha to Marantz and I finished the setup today.

Quick question. Marantz 6015 connected with Sony 75x800h on ARC. Tata sky connected with 6015.

HDMI CEC is functioning well, so TV on/off, turns AVR on/off and vice versa. Audio controls are working well together. However, changing the source in TV doesn't change the source in AVR. So when I press STB button (TV button in the remote), TV video switches to HDMI input mode but the AVR continues to stay on the TV audio mode. So for changing the source, I need to use both remotes in order to make it work. Yamaha was flawless in this.

I hope I have been able to explain the problem. Have any of you faced it? Any workaround or solution?

Thanks in advance for hel
I have the same issue with my SR5015, my old yamaha RX v485 worked flawlessly in this regard.

There are a few more dumb stuff Marantz does when compared with my yamaha.
TV is in screensaver mode or or some other input selection and AVR is in let's say Spotify mode, Spotify is playing, I decided to turn off the TV as it's not being used, this switches off the AVR as well. The same works flawlessly on yamaha.

There are a few more software bugs in the system like these. I beleive this is the limitation of the software. Hope Marantz learns these and releases a firmware fix!

I wish I'm wrong about this being software bug and has some settings to enable it!

Last edited:
There are a few more dumb stuff Marantz does when compared with my yamaha

We are in same boat, I moved from 585 to 6015. I miss Yamaha customisation. I have certainly gotten more power, but I am yet to find a dialogue boost feature in here to improve dialogues, there is no "Enhancer", or AVR generated bass boost. I had to increase the Rythmik volume to 70% (from prev 50%) to get a decent level of bass output. That doesn't make much sense though.

The mobile app sucks like really bad. When I was downloading the app, it had 2.2 rating in Google Play. I had cross check to ensure it is not a spam app. As it turned out, it was their official app.

It's my second day figuring out right balance of 6015 in my living room, so far, it has been a mixed feeling about the upgrade. I'll continue to play around.

HEOS integration with Smart home is good, but it's poorly Integrated. People love Marantz, I am just waiting for it to start working for me as well. HDMI sync is going to play a big role.

We are in same boat, I moved from 585 to 6015. I miss Yamaha customisation. I have certainly gotten more power, but I am yet to find a dialogue boost feature in here to improve dialogues, there is no "Enhancer", or AVR generated bass boost. I had to increase the Rythmik volume to 70% (from prev 50%) to get a decent level of bass output. That doesn't make much sense though.

The mobile app sucks like really bad. When I was downloading the app, it had 2.2 rating in Google Play. I had cross check to ensure it is not a spam app. As it turned out, it was their official app.

It's my second day figuring out right balance of 6015 in my living room, so far, it has been a mixed feeling about the upgrade. I'll continue to play around.

HEOS integration with Smart home is good, but it's poorly Integrated. People love Marantz, I am just waiting for it to start working for me as well. HDMI sync is going to play a big role.
One way of hearing the dialogues more clearly via Audyssey is to increase the level of the center channel on the avr.
I have the older SR 7011, no such issues with switching off the TV. Marantz house sound is good but subjective to personal tastes irrespective of Audyssey.
I had heard Denon , Onkyo, Yamaha, vintage Pioneer and vintage Kenwood but Marantz instantly was suitable for my tastes. All the above brands are good but depends on what you like.

Last edited:
figuring out right balance of 6015 in my living room, so far, it has been a mixed feeling about the upgrade.
With Marantz ,one gets good power and better resolution.I had Yamaha and now Marantz. Marantz has M- Dax feature which is like enhancer and has 3 options in it which works with music. For movies, Audyssey has settings to improve dialogs. In app one can adjust the curve and save that curve in mobile which can be used after any future factory reset. There is Dynamic eq which enhance movie sound and subwoofer base. You can adjust SW field with XT32. Also night listening can be improved with Dynamic Volume which has 3 settings. That improves vocals further.

I have no complaints about the overall audio quality, yeah bass is a bit subdued when compared to Yamaha, one can fix it with customisation.
Dialogue can be customised from audessey settings, prerry much everything else is an upgrade from my old yamaha.
Btw iOS app is much better than android one.

I only wish for issues related to software to be resolved.

The article just defines and says that SR models support CEC.

Hoping for some troubleshooting steps as it is not working in my case. Volume, on, off and menu selection etc are working with a common remote, but not the source change. I need to use both TV and AVR remote to change the source.

The article just defines and says that SR models support CEC.

Hoping for some troubleshooting steps as it is not working in my case. Volume, on, off and menu selection etc are working with a common remote, but not the source change. I need to use both TV and AVR remote to change the source.
Yes that's how it is. CEC will work between tv and receiver only for the sources connected to the Tv. You cannot change to a source connected to the receiver.

MaSh

Yes that's how it is.

Yamaha v585, it used to work flawlessly. I tried switching the HDMI cable today. No difference.

There was a other interesting thing happened today, AVR lost the ARC for like 30mins. Audio from other sources were playing, but not TV on ARC. Tried on/off, cable swap, setting to disable enable HDMI control and ARC. Just didn't work. Then I gave up, came back after 10 mins. It started working again. It gave me a scare, but I hope it was one time thing.

I also noticed that 6015 goes very hot (again, compared to Yamaha v585). There is a good ventilation, so I hope it should be good.

Yamaha v585, it used to work flawlessly. I tried switching the HDMI cable today. No difference.

There was a other interesting thing happened today, AVR lost the ARC for like 30mins. Audio from other sources were playing, but not TV on ARC. Tried on/off, cable swap, setting to disable enable HDMI control and ARC. Just didn't work. Then I gave up, came back after 10 mins. It started working again. It gave me a scare, but I hope it was one time thing.

I also noticed that 6015 goes very hot (again, compared to Yamaha v585). There is a good ventilation, so I hope it should be good.
Oh that's scary. If I remember right, another difference you might notice is switching of sources on receiver when in stand by mode in the Yamaha, but not in marantz/denon, unless it's been recently added.

MaSh

I have 7011 .There is a setting for Dialogue level under Audio settings.
Mobile app is the worst.
No issues with HDMI sync.

I have a Marantz SR 6014 and I am facing an issue with the volume getting too loud in surround sound during some scenes while watching a movie. How can I control this?

I have a Marantz SR 6014 and I am facing an issue with the volume getting too loud in surround sound during some scenes while watching a movie. How can I control this?
How does the Pink Noise sweep sound? Is that even all across? If yes, then it's the source content that has varying levels and there is nothing you can do. However, in case the Speaker Levels are uneven for personal preferences then you can adjust as needed.

MaSh

If audyssey is on,then its possible that surrounds can have more output. It is also possible that that science itself is recorded that way.
If audyssey is on, try watching same scene in direct mode. Results are same, then need to lower surround levels for that movie.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back