Marantz Owner Thread...

Whats the current prices for SR6015 or Sr7015? Heard due to limited stock depending on dealer possible rates would be between 20% to 35% less from listed MRPs.
6015 todays MRP169900 & 7015-264900 -20 to 30% discounts u can expect & it depends on ur bargain skills & availability .
Note: there is talk on again price is going hike by 15-20% not sure its heard from some distributors .

I am looking to buy a 9.2 channel atmos receiver but due to budget constraint, looking for preowned older gen models. I am talking with two different sellers outside this forum- one selling a used Marantz SR 6011 and the other person selling a used Pioneer VSX-LX303. I am not interested about 8k or any latest hdmi standards.

Looking for some inputs from Marantz owners here if SR 6011 (although old) would be a better choice vs. the Pioneer. Would also be interested if any FMs here are planning to let go of their older unit in the 60XX series in which case please pm me.

I am looking to buy a 9.2 channel atmos receiver but due to budget constraint, looking for preowned older gen models. I am talking with two different sellers outside this forum- one selling a used Marantz SR 6011 and the other person selling a used Pioneer VSX-LX303. I am not interested about 8k or any latest hdmi standards.

Looking for some inputs from Marantz owners here if SR 6011 (although old) would be a better choice vs. the Pioneer. Would also be interested if any FMs here are planning to let go of their older unit in the 60XX series in which case please pm me.
Both are good. Marantz 6011 has typical warm sound and has good power. Sound wise nothing different from rest of marantz avrs. To me marantz is more musical and can deliver little less details in movies. Pioneer 303 is very good performer in both movies and music.It delivers good movie details without sounding sharp. If you need avr for movies more than music,then Pioneer is good choice.
If music is priority ,then Marantz.
Take demo to make final decision.

Need help, I have Marantz 5015 and hooked my video out of AVR to Samsung Frame (EARC) TV and projector, I am facing an issue recently where my projector HMDI is searching for signal and when I remove the TV HDMI projector HDMI out it is working fine. Earlier there was no such problem as I was using older LG TV ( ARC). I guess the issue is the AVR and AVR might be giving video out a signal to both TV and Projector. Please help, do I need to change the setting of HDMI in the AVR?

Both are good. Marantz 6011 has typical warm sound and has good power. Sound wise nothing different from rest of marantz avrs. To me marantz is more musical and can deliver little less details in movies. Pioneer 303 is very good performer in both movies and music.It delivers good movie details without sounding sharp. If you need avr for movies more than music,then Pioneer is good choice.
If music is priority ,then Marantz.
Take demo to make final decision.

Thanks. I had a demo of the Marantz 6011 at the seller's place last evening and brought it home so I have now completed one of my long pending upgrade to 9 channel atmos avr and now officially part of the marantz owners group. :)

Thanks. I had a demo of the Marantz 6011 at the seller's place last evening and brought it home so I have now completed one of my long pending upgrade to 9 channel atmos avr and now officially part of the marantz owners group. :)
Congratulations. What's the rest of your setup?

MaSh

Congratulations. What's the rest of your setup?

MaSh

Nvidia Shield TV > Marantz SR6011 > Benq W1070 > NHT Classic Three for LR | Cambridge Audio Center | JBL Satellites for Surrounds x 2pairs | Polk PSW110 SubWoofer x 1 | Pyle in-ceiling speakers x 1pair for Top middle.

I guess next in the never ending upgraditis, I will have to begin my hunt for upgrading my surround speakers to replace the satellites.

Good decision. Comparing and selecting between two (Marantz/Pioneer)could have been headache.
Congratulations :)

Hi,
Just want to know ,what settings in Marantz AVR give best bass in movies? I am not asking about subwoofer placement, but tonal quality? Now I am asking it as whenever l compare Marantz SW effect with that of Yamaha AVR ,I feel something is missing. With Yamaha AVR , l can even feel air punch with same Subwoofer(in same setup). Marantz Sub sounds more thicker but bloated.This is my opinion after comparing at least 2 models of each brand side by side.

Hi,
Just want to know ,what settings in Marantz AVR give best bass in movies? I am not asking about subwoofer placement, but tonal quality? Now I am asking it as whenever l compare Marantz SW effect with that of Yamaha AVR ,I feel something is missing. With Yamaha AVR , l can even feel air punch with same Subwoofer(in same setup). Marantz Sub sounds more thicker but bloated.This is my opinion after comparing at least 2 models of each brand side by side.

After Audyssey setup, instead of Reference Settings, Manually change it to FLAT.

Bass Management should be LFE+Main.

I tried this and it has worked well giving me decent bass when i used a ported sub in the past and now when I use a sealed SVS sub.

Check with movie scenes which you are familiar with and manually adjust Crossover settings for the speakers and sub based on your liking.

6015 todays MRP169900 & 7015-264900 -20 to 30% discounts u can expect & it depends on ur bargain skills & availability .
Note: there is talk on again price is going hike by 15-20% not sure its heard from some distributors .

Global Marantz website shows that prices are gone up, you could expect the same here too from known dealers...all again depends on your relationship with the dealer and how much you can negotiate a good deal if you are planning to upgrade to a newer model / series

Hi,
That's True. I have heard the same from atleast 3 other owners who switched from Marantz/Denon to Yamaha with no extra tuning, just default auto setup. Not sure what it is about Yamaha.

MaSh

After Audyssey setup, instead of Reference Settings, Manually change it to FLAT.

Bass Management should be LFE+Main.

I tried this and it has worked well giving me decent bass when i used a ported sub in the past and now when I use a sealed SVS sub.

Check with movie scenes which you are familiar with and manually adjust Crossover settings for the speakers and sub based on your liking.
I have tried all the settings, but Yamaha gives more theater feel :). May Audyssey app tweaks help.

Hi guys

I want to use my existing KEF Q500 and sub for 2.1 music and tv sound through optical. Will sell my existing centre and surrounds. Getting both Sr5015 and Pm7000N for nearly the same price. I want to go the 2.1 way and wife is also insisting to simplify and declutter. My only point of concern is that does the PM7000N (60W) integrated amp actually have such better quality and difference of sound compared to the SR5015 (100Wpc) to command the same price despite being 2 channel and lacking the other features of the AVR? Also will it last longer than the AVR due to better quality components? Then there is the doubt whether Pm7000N is underpowered. My speakers KEf Q500 are rated at 87 db sensitivity and accept max power at 130W (8ohms). The PM7000N shows power output at 60W on the marantz page. All the reviews say 60w + 60w. I know in case of Avrs, the 100W power rating is at 2 channel driven. But in case of stereo amps is it 60W + 60W or a total of 60W at 2 channel drive???

I know this AVR vs stereo amp for 2 channel music debate has been ongoing on the forum. After buying a stereo amp for the same price, I just don’t want to feel that I could have had almost the same sound quality with the AVR in the same price with additional features. But at the same time I would love a good quality stereo experience if its a big upgrade from the AVR sound. Big dilemma to say the least. Anyone who has used both for 2 channel music can easily tell a difference if they felt any. In my case I have only used Avrs till now. So I am not the best judge. Maybe others can advise and answer some of my above queries.

Hi guys

I want to use my existing KEF Q500 and sub for 2.1 music and tv sound through optical. Will sell my existing centre and surrounds. Getting both Sr5015 and Pm7000N for nearly the same price. I want to go the 2.1 way and wife is also insisting to simplify and declutter. My only point of concern is that does the PM7000N (60W) integrated amp actually have such better quality and difference of sound compared to the SR5015 (100Wpc) to command the same price despite being 2 channel and lacking the other features of the AVR? Also will it last longer than the AVR due to better quality components? Then there is the doubt whether Pm7000N is underpowered. My speakers KEf Q500 are rated at 87 db sensitivity and accept max power at 130W (8ohms). The PM7000N shows power output at 60W on the marantz page. All the reviews say 60w + 60w. I know in case of Avrs, the 100W power rating is at 2 channel driven. But in case of stereo amps is it 60W + 60W or a total of 60W at 2 channel drive???

I know this AVR vs stereo amp for 2 channel music debate has been ongoing on the forum. After buying a stereo amp for the same price, I just don’t want to feel that I could have had almost the same sound quality with the AVR in the same price with additional features. But at the same time I would love a good quality stereo experience if its a big upgrade from the AVR sound. Big dilemma to say the least. Anyone who has used both for 2 channel music can easily tell a difference if they felt any. In my case I have only used Avrs till now. So I am not the best judge. Maybe others can advise and answer some of my above queries.

If you are ok with investing in SR5015, you can use the AVR in Stereo mode and possibly Bi Amp the Q500 which i am sure will sound better as SR series is known to have the best components, HDAM circuits etc. Advantage is also all kinds of input options including Pre Outs for all 7 channels. Audyssey Multi EQ XT will provide a better SQ and also there would be ample power available to feed to your Q500s

If you are ok with investing in SR5015, you can use the AVR in Stereo mode and possibly Bi Amp the Q500 which i am sure will sound better as SR series is known to have the best components, HDAM circuits etc. Advantage is also all kinds of input options including Pre Outs for all 7 channels. Audyssey Multi EQ XT will provide a better SQ and also there would be ample power available to feed to your Q500s
My investment is the same in both cases. I just want to determine if the stereo integrated amp would give me better music than the avr ? In that case I can live with 2.1 sound for my movies.

My investment is the same in both cases. I just want to determine if the stereo integrated amp would give me better music than the avr ? In that case I can live with 2.1 sound for my movies.
FWIW, my NR1609 was no match to my PM6005 (now sold) in SQ. Even in capability to drive the speakers. Irrespective of specs and bells & whistles.
@argho can give you idea about how PM7000N is able to drive his floorstanders.
If you don't need networking, go for PM8006. Available at unbelievable price in hifimart.com now. Will beat the hell out of any amplifier you are talking about here.

Last edited:
FWIW, my NR1609 was no match to my PM6005 (now sold) in SQ. Even in capability to drive the speakers. Irrespective of specs and bells & whistles.
If you don't need networking, go for PM8006. Available at unbelievable price in hifimart.com now. Will beat the hell out of any amplifier you are talking about here.

OP did message me.

I agree with the earlier responses - stereo amps typically understate their power.

The PM7000N can effortlessly drive speakers to ear bleed levels of volume
In my view, the PM7000N is simply a really high quality, powerful stereo amp.

My guess of what Marantz has done, is taken the their earlier PM7005 stereo amp, added networking and streaming capabilities, and renamed it the PM7000N.

If you see the pics, they look almost identical.

Yes, the NR1200 I auditioned was also no match for the Pm7000n. But networking is really important. Airplay would be my main source.

OP did message me.

I agree with the earlier responses - stereo amps typically understate their power.

The PM7000N can effortlessly drive speakers to ear bleed levels of volume
In my view, the PM7000N is simply a really high quality, powerful stereo amp.

My guess of what Marantz has done, is taken the their earlier PM7005 stereo amp, added networking and streaming capabilities, and renamed it the PM7000N.

If you see the pics, they look almost identical.

I definitely agree, the 7000n is a pm7005 with networking capabilities. Also I think your speakers are higher sensitivity than KEFs and so the amp plays louder and gives an image of more headroom. But I do agree, even with my limited experience, the Pm7000N seemed clearer than the Nr1200. But the Sr5015 was not available for demo. Is the Pm 7000n 60W + 60W or a total of 60W at 2 channel drive??? The specs say output power: 60W

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back