Marantz Owner Thread...

I used to like pure mode but once I upgraded my sub, I prefer music mode with multieq set to flat. Stereo mode is also nearly the same. But all depends on the seamless integration of the sub as well as the quality of sub, else pure direct/direct is better.

Do you use stereo instead? I never really listened on this mode. Please suggest what mode suits better for you.
Stereo music sounds best via a stereo amplifier. Multi channel receivers ruin the music in my opinion. However if there is no option then yes Stereo mode it is.

MaSh

Stereo music sounds best via a stereo amplifier. Multi channel receivers ruin the music in my opinion. However if there is no option then yes Stereo mode it is.

MaSh
I agree. AVRs can't match one integrated amplifiers for stereo listening even in pure direct modes. I had personal experience when comparing nr1509 vs Norge 1000/ pm6006. It's not even close.

With Audessey.. I have listened to a couple of tracks with stereo, I didn't like the way it sounds. Bit too harsh I felt.. any suggestions on how this can be controlled? (SR5015+Kef R3)
You can use the Audyssey phone app and use the Multeq frequency range feature and reduce the value to reduce the harshness ie if you are referring to brightness. The default value was too high for me and sounded bright.

With Audessey.. I have listened to a couple of tracks with stereo, I didn't like the way it sounds. Bit too harsh I felt.. any suggestions on how this can be controlled? (SR5015+Kef R3)
With ,Audyssey you can check which mode is acceptable ,Reference or Flat. Harshness depends on what curve audyssey made.

Hello,
For few days l am facing a minor issue with center channel. In the middle of the movie, relay sound audible and center channel turns off. After sometime ,it starts again. Also when RCA plug is inserted into preout, it works. Some days, there is no issue at all. Either it started after l used its preout (R,L,Center) or used Echo mode auto. When there is an issue, bass in headphone out also rolls off. Is there any easy solution?

Hello,
For few days l am facing a minor issue with center channel. In the middle of the movie, relay sound audible and center channel turns off. After sometime ,it starts again. Also when RCA plug is inserted into preout, it works. Some days, there is no issue at all. Either it started after l used its preout (R,L,Center) or used Echo mode auto. When there is an issue, bass in headphone out also rolls off. Is there any easy solution?
Can you share what is shown when info is pressed?

Hello,
Did you try hooking another speaker to the center channel and seeing if the behavior is the same? Relay clicking means the amp is recycling. It could be due to a short somewhere, so check your cable ends if they are bare wires. To me, it looks like a shorting somewhere.

And, please switch off Eco mode permanently. It does more harm than good.

MaSh

Did you try hooking another speaker to the center channel and seeing if the behavior is the same? Relay clicking means the amp is recycling. It could be due to a short somewhere, so check your cable ends if they are bare wires. To me, it looks like a shorting somewhere.

And, please switch off Eco mode permanently. It does more harm than good.

MaSh
Thanks. It is not the issue as few months back it was Right channel which was behaving same way. I opened top cover and all worked perfect.

My Marantz AVR NR1506 suddenly stopped working. It is 7 years old and worked well so far. All the sudden, there is no Video and Audio output. The front pannel display, remote are working fine. Anyone faced similar issue? I reset the unit, but still same issue.

Last edited:
My Marantz AVR NR1506 suddenly stopped working. It is 7 years old and worked well so far. All the sudden, there is no Video and Audio output. The front pannel display, remote are working fine. Anyone faced similar issue? I reset the unit, but still same issue.

Sadly, most of the AVRs (except certain higher models which are made in Japan) are made in China and shelf life usually is 3-5 years. Depending on use, it can last up to 10 years in some cases. The issue you are facing would be related to the HDMI board going kaput or slowly failing due to dying components / capacitors / circuits on the HDMI board. Replacing the same would be costly.

If Analog is working fine then continue to use the AVR provided it meets your requirements in terms of features being used to enjoy AV playback. If not, it may make sense to get another AVR which has the same or better features to serve your needs. Given AVRs are costly and come with a ridiculous 1-year limited warranty, it may make sense to go the pre-owned route and get a second hand AVR within a reasonable price.

All the best!

I have Marantz NR1506 with mission LX2 (front) , Pioneer C22 (center) and Bic America DV32 surrounds.
My query: could I use normal front speaker connected to AVR and use front preouts connect to another stereo amplifier to another speakers? Will it have any adverse effect on AVR?
Just for trying, i connected Bic DV32 to front preout and it sounded good for movie, not bad for music.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back