Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi Guys! I received Cinema 50 a few days back but have not installed it yet. After receiving it, I realized that out of 2 pairs of Atmos, only 1 pair is powered and the other pair is pre-out only. I already have 4 ceiling speakers. Someone suggested I connect both left ceiling speakers to the Left Height out on the Amp and similarly right ceiling speakers to the Right Height out. Has anyone made this kind of connection? Please advise.
It's 9.2ch avr na? There may be setting to keep 5.1.4 option.
Just check if possible in the manual.

It's 9.2ch avr na? There may be setting to keep 5.1.4 option.
Just check if possible in the manual.
It's 11 channel processing with 9 amplifiers. He will need a stereo amp for the extra two channels.

The amp has speaker terminals for all 9, as you can then select in software which channels the AVR will send power to and which is pre-out.

Yeah. I checked Amazon. It is not very expensive. does anyone have first-hand experience with these amps? thanks.
Wouldn't have recommended them had I not. :)

Currently using Aiyima T9 and A08 pro, SMSL DA9 and 8s, FX Audio D502 and Fosi V3. Previously, used to employ a Crown XLS 1502 but opted out because (i) it consumed way too much rack space, and (ii) the newer amps sound better.

I have the Fosi V3 connected to the height channels of my AVR (Marantz SR6013) whereas my fronts are being driven by a cambridge audio CXA81.

I think I will go with the cheap way for now. later I will upgrade to a power amp for LCR. That's future planning. Thanks.

Yeah. I checked Amazon. It is not very expensive. does anyone have first-hand experience with these amps? thanks.

Yeah. I am sure. I checked the manual. only 9 are powered speakers. A local dealer confirmed the "Height2" is not powered out. they are pre-out only.
Its depends on the speaker layout selected.
If 5.1.4 then height 2 speaker terminal can be used.
If 7.1.4 then 2 speakers will have to be driven via external amp.
Check manual on how to setup speaker layouts for these configurations.

Fair point!! I missed that. @captainrizal Which configuration are you using it in? You don't need to buy anything for 5.1.4.

Hi Guys! I received Cinema 50 a few days back but have not installed it yet. After receiving it, I realized that out of 2 pairs of Atmos, only 1 pair is powered and the other pair is pre-out only. I already have 4 ceiling speakers. Someone suggested I connect both left ceiling speakers to the Left Height out on the Amp and similarly right ceiling speakers to the Right Height out. Has anyone made this kind of connection? Please advise.

Congratulations on the purchase. Once all connections are made based on your preference, share pics with us.

Wouldn't have recommended them had I not. :)

Currently using Aiyima T9 and A08 pro, SMSL DA9 and 8s, FX Audio D502 and Fosi V3. Previously, used to employ a Crown XLS 1502 but opted out because (i) it consumed way too much rack space, and (ii) the newer amps sound better.

I have the Fosi V3 connected to the height channels of my AVR (Marantz SR6013) whereas my fronts are being driven by a cambridge audio CXA81.
Thanks a lot. Looks like you have plenty of them. which one do you suggest for Atmos speakers with Cinema 50?

Guys, I had a tough time removing the banana plug covers from the speaker binding posts of Cinema 50. I could remove only a few. They came off without using any tools. For others, I tried with some soft tools but I did not apply too much pressure fearing it may damage the speaker binding post. So I have connected some speakers with banana plugs and some directly with wire, without plugs. I guess this will not affect the sound quality. Another issue I faced was after completion of Auddessy setup, when I was testing the system by playing movies, the amp stopped responding. At first, I didn't notice as the movies were playing but when I tried to increase or reduce the volume, it did not respond, even using local rotatory knobs or by the phone app. I switched off the system by unplugging it and then restarted. It responded to the remote and even local knobs started responding. I guess it was trying to update the firmware when I was setting it up, but since I had not paired it with wifi, it failed to update and got hung while playing. I updated the firmware and played some movies for about 30 minutes. it worked without any issues. I hope that was the reason. I found one YouTube video explaining the same issue. Has anyone faced this issue?

Guys, I had a tough time removing the banana plug covers from the speaker binding posts of Cinema 50. I could remove only a few. They came off without using any tools. For others, I tried with some soft tools but I did not apply too much pressure fearing it may damage the speaker binding post. So I have connected some speakers with banana plugs and some directly with wire, without plugs. I guess this will not affect the sound quality. Another issue I faced was after completion of Auddessy setup, when I was testing the system by playing movies, the amp stopped responding. At first, I didn't notice as the movies were playing but when I tried to increase or reduce the volume, it did not respond, even using local rotatory knobs or by the phone app. I switched off the system by unplugging it and then restarted. It responded to the remote and even local knobs started responding. I guess it was trying to update the firmware when I was setting it up, but since I had not paired it with wifi, it failed to update and got hung while playing. I updated the firmware and played some movies for about 30 minutes. it worked without any issues. I hope that was the reason. I found one YouTube video explaining the same issue. Has anyone faced this issue?
Use a screw driver to pry it off.

Thanks a lot. Looks like you have plenty of them. which one do you suggest for Atmos speakers with Cinema 50?
Fosi V3 - its the best implementation of the TPA3255 chips I've come across so far. Haven't tried the "Aiyima A07 Max" but it looks promising too for the task at hand - Choose whichever one is really available.

Yes that's what l mean. If it's assignable, then no need of extra amp as it's 9ch avr.

Guys, I had a tough time removing the banana plug covers from the speaker binding posts of Cinema 50. I could remove only a few. They came off without using any tools. For others, I tried with some soft tools but I did not apply too much pressure fearing it may damage the speaker binding post. So I have connected some speakers with banana plugs and some directly with wire, without plugs. I guess this will not affect the sound quality.
Instead of using a sharp too, why not a simple firm safety pin and try prying the covers at the end?? I did that when I had similar challenge.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back