Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi,

being a new Marantz owner ( PM 8006 ) like to know anyone using / used PM8006, to give your suggestion / recommendation based on your experience with it, about the DAC that gives Transparent / Neutral sound at the budget of around 50 K ?

As of now using WiiM PRO as a streamer cum DAC, Speaker PSB Alpha T20

As some members suggested getting an inexpensive amp to complete 11 speakers set up in my Cinema 50, I purchased Fosi. Now I have 2 options - 1. Use Fosi to drive 2 Atmos speakers or 2. Drive Rear surround speakers.
Which one would be a better option?

Hi Everyone, I have a NR 1402 which seems to not switch on anymore. Done the usual checks etc. My best guess is that either the fuse is gone or something worse. Can someone suggest a reliable service person/ centre in Bangalore?
As a side question what is the usual life of a marantz AVR post which the capacitors etc start degrading and fixes are no longer worthwhile.

Hi Everyone, I have a NR 1402 which seems to not switch on anymore. Done the usual checks etc. My best guess is that either the fuse is gone or something worse. Can someone suggest a reliable service person/ centre in Bangalore?
As a side question what is the usual life of a marantz AVR post which the capacitors etc start degrading and fixes are no longer worthwhile.

I have the Sr 7011 since 2018. Since I generally use it once a week during weekends, this monsoon it was not switching on. I kept it on for sometime and eventually it came on after intermittently switching on and off on it's own.
Moisture is the biggest culprit as in the case of any electronic gear. Hence you need to use them more often or atleast keep it on regularly for sometime.
I find particularly during monsoon, if you don't use them much, it behaves erratically.

I have the Sr 7011 since 2018. Since I generally use it once a week during weekends, this monsoon it was not switching on. I kept it on for sometime and eventually it came on after intermittently switching on and off on it's own.
Moisture is the biggest culprit as in the case of any electronic gear. Hence you need to use them more often or atleast keep it on regularly for sometime.
I find particularly during monsoon, if you don't use them much, it behaves erratically.
Thanks Nitin, but we had been using it regularly. So this doesn’t seem a moisture thing. Nonetheless, let me try switching it on and keeping it that way for a while.

Thanks Nitin, but we had been using it regularly. So this doesn’t seem a moisture thing. Nonetheless, let me try switching it on and keeping it that way for a while.
Most welcome Arvind. If you have been using it regularly then it could be something else.

My denon was having similar issues post transporting to different place. Initially I had to switch on through pressing the Power Button for a long time (after switching on and off the main power for 3-4 times) for few days. Now the problem doesn't occur if I play them daily for few minutes or alternate days. Hope this helps. Thanks

My 5 years old SR 5011, which I sold recently, used to remain completely switched off for about 6-7 months when I am out at sea for work. Never had any such issue. Yes, I had power issue with SR 5007 even when I was using it regularly.
The weather in Darjeeling maybe the factor. In Mumbai during monsoon , there is a lot of moisture. Infact if I don't use the avr regularly, the volume knob also responds erratically.
If I keep it powered on regularly basis, it works just fine.

The weather in Darjeeling maybe the factor. In Mumbai during monsoon , there is a lot of moisture. Infact if I don't use the avr regularly, the volume knob also responds erratically.
If I keep it powered on regularly basis, it works just fine.
You should get a dehumidifier. It's a must in Mumbai.

I have connected my Marantz AVR (NR 1711 and NR1504 earlier) to my set top box and use it for watching TV.
This way, it is in operation daily for few hours. And I agree, humidity is an enemy of these delicate digital electronic equipment, especially in Mumbai weather.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back