Marantz Owner Thread...

I have Marantz NR1506 with mission LX2 (front) , Pioneer C22 (center) and Bic America DV32 surrounds.
My query: could I use normal front speaker connected to AVR and use front preouts connect to another stereo amplifier to another speakers? Will it have any adverse effect on AVR?
No, it will not have any adverse effect on the AVR. I've tried it out and the result of two speakers as fronts (one pair through AVR and the other pair through stereo amp from fron pre-outs) was quite pleasing.
Just for trying, i connected Bic DV32 to front preout and it sounded good for movie, not bad for music.
Don't forget to level match the output of the AVR and the Stereo Amp in order to ensure that both pairs of speakers are equally loud at any given volume.

No, it will not have any adverse effect on the AVR. I've tried it out and the result of two speakers as fronts (one pair through AVR and the other pair through stereo amp from fron pre-outs) was quite pleasing.
This is really good to know and encouraging to go via this option.

Don't forget to level match the output of the AVR and the Stereo Amp in order to ensure that both pairs of speakers are equally loud at any given volume.
Yes as a temp i used DB meter in phone to level match... As you mentioned it's pleasing and even my kid pointed that it was nice.

Sadly, most of the AVRs (except certain higher models which are made in Japan) are made in China and shelf life usually is 3-5 years. Depending on use, it can last up to 10 years in some cases. The issue you are facing would be related to the HDMI board going kaput or slowly failing due to dying components / capacitors / circuits on the HDMI board. Replacing the same would be costly.

If Analog is working fine then continue to use the AVR provided it meets your requirements in terms of features being used to enjoy AV playback. If not, it may make sense to get another AVR which has the same or better features to serve your needs. Given AVRs are costly and come with a ridiculous 1-year limited warranty, it may make sense to go the pre-owned route and get a second hand AVR within a reasonable price.

All the best!
Have tried without HDMI and using Analog input, but not getting any signal output to speakers. Have opened the AVR in the week end to get a peek inside. There is lot of dust, never opened once in the last 7 years. Also, found electrical leakage in all part of the AVR. Even though it uses 3 pin plug, it has only two power input terminals in the back. Added a wire separately to the body for earthing.

Found four fuses inside. Two of them were attached to the PCB in the side where the power line connects, and both got input and output power. There are another two fuses in a PCB in the center. There is no input / output power signal in those fuses.

Have to check if any decent service shops nearby who is ready to do the diagnosis. However, if it is going to cost high, I will ditch the unit. Using a vintage stereo amplifier along with KEF Q300 stereo speakers now and may sell other speakers.

Have tried without HDMI and using Analog input, but not getting any signal output to speakers. Have opened the AVR in the week end to get a peek inside. There is lot of dust, never opened once in the last 7 years. Also, found electrical leakage in all part of the AVR. Even though it uses 3 pin plug, it has only two power input terminals in the back. Added a wire separately to the body for earthing.

Found four fuses inside. Two of them were attached to the PCB in the side where the power line connects, and both got input and output power. There are another two fuses in a PCB in the center. There is no input / output power signal in those fuses.

Have to check if any decent service shops nearby who is ready to do the diagnosis. However, if it is going to cost high, I will ditch the unit. Using a vintage stereo amplifier along with KEF Q300 stereo speakers now and may sell other speakers.

Check one of these options, bargain and pick!

As for your old AVR, sell it off as is condition, mention no output but coming on.

Recently I am observing, if I run audyssey front, center midrange and high gets reduced. Without it sound feels lively., However subwoofer sounds better with audyssey. How to tackle this situation?

Recently I am observing, if I run audyssey front, center midrange and high gets reduced. Without it sound feels lively., However subwoofer sounds better with audyssey. How to tackle this situation?

Most Auto EQ programs don't work well enough, or you must measure multiple times until it sounds remotely good enough. The best way to do it is by ear rather than letting Auto EQ decide for you. It is best you allow auto EQ to adjust frequencies below 200hz only.

Are you able to use the MultEQ app? if so correct from 200hz and below.

Most Auto EQ programs don't work well enough, or you must measure multiple times until it sounds remotely good enough. The best way to do it is by ear rather than letting Auto EQ decide for you. It is best you allow auto EQ to adjust frequencies below 200hz only.

It Marantz NR1506, it doesn't support multiEQ app. Maybe I need to go for DSP for subwoofer.

Last edited:
It Marantz NR1506, it doesn't support multiEQ app. Maybe I need to go for DSP for subwoofer.

NR1506 has very Basic Audyssey and hence I use the SR series as you get the most advanced Audyssey version. Regardless, after setup which is based on conservative calculations, I keep Audyssey on FLAT and that provides a nice balanced playback experience provided you have really good speakers.

Could this issue be due to audyssey microphone gone bad issue? If thats the case then need to try some other microphone and check.

One of the many known dealers who is a Good Friend is planning stock clearance of certain Marantz AVRs like SR5015 and SR6015 in order to release funds for investment in other ventures. These are brand new sealed packed AVRs with proper GST bill and 1 year official warranty!

There is limited stock available, rates are very competitive when I checked a while back with some dealers and also online.

Anyone interested, please DM me for details.

Please note: There is no financial gain here for me, I am just helping those who want to get the best at a good reasonable price.

One of the many known dealers who is a Good Friend is planning stock clearance of certain Marantz AVRs like SR5015 and SR6015 in order to release funds for investment in other ventures. These are brand new sealed packed AVRs with proper GST bill and 1 year official warranty!

There is limited stock available, rates are very competitive when I checked a while back with some dealers and also online.

Anyone interested, please DM me for details.

Please note: There is no financial gain here for me, I am just helping those who want to get the best at a good reasonable price.

Hi,

The stock which was available is SOLD OUT!

Hi Guys! I received Cinema 50 a few days back but have not installed it yet. After receiving it, I realized that out of 2 pairs of Atmos, only 1 pair is powered and the other pair is pre-out only. I already have 4 ceiling speakers. Someone suggested I connect both left ceiling speakers to the Left Height out on the Amp and similarly right ceiling speakers to the Right Height out. Has anyone made this kind of connection? Please advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 20.04.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-15 at 20.04.20.png
    534.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hi Guys! I received Cinema 50 a few days back but have not installed it yet. After receiving it, I realized that out of 2 pairs of Atmos, only 1 pair is powered and the other pair is pre-out only. I already have 4 ceiling speakers. Someone suggested I connect both left ceiling speakers to the Left Height out on the Amp and similarly right ceiling speakers to the Right Height out. Has anyone made this kind of connection? Please advise.
Don't do that. Get a small 3 or 2 channel amp, like Emotiva BasX A2 or A3. Use it to power the front LR or LCR(depending on what you get).

This is the right and expensive way of using all channels.

The other option is to get a cheap class-d amp like Aiyima and use it to power the extra height channels.

Get a cheap class D amp like the Fosi V3/Aiyima A07 max and you're good to go. Adding better amplification for the height channels is going to make very little difference, if any, unless (i) you intend to listen to music solely through your atmos speakers i.e. without front LR, center and surrounds playing, and (ii) you've got money burning a hole into your pocket.

Are you sure its pre-out? Because "Height 2" terminals are speaker terminals as per your image

This is the right and expensive way of using all channels.

The other option is to get a cheap class-d amp like Aiyima and use it to power the extra height channels.
I think I will go with the cheap way for now. later I will upgrade to a power amp for LCR. That's future planning. Thanks.
Get a cheap class D amp like the Fosi V3/Aiyima A07 max and you're good to go.
Yeah. I checked Amazon. It is not very expensive. does anyone have first-hand experience with these amps? thanks.
Are you sure its pre-out? Because "Height 2" terminals are speaker terminals as per your image
Yeah. I am sure. I checked the manual. only 9 are powered speakers. A local dealer confirmed the "Height2" is not powered out. they are pre-out only.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back