Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi, I have NR1509 avr. Thinking of going from 3.1 to 5.1. Is there a mode/shortcut to switch between 5.1 to 3.1 when needed on the fly, to switch off surrounds.
Also has anyone tried connecting external amp on preouts in these basic NRseries. Is it worth it or is the preout voltage is not sufficient.

Hi, I have NR1509 avr. Thinking of going from 3.1 to 5.1. Is there a mode/shortcut to switch between 5.1 to 3.1 when needed on the fly, to switch off surrounds.
Also has anyone tried connecting external amp on preouts in these basic NRseries. Is it worth it or is the preout voltage is not sufficient.
You can. Create two speaker presets. One with 3.1 and one with 5.1. Both will have it's own audyssey settings.

Hi

Any owners of Cinema 50 who have purchased the same in the last 6 - 12 months? If yes how is the experience and most importantly did Marantz send the DIRAC update in March 2023?

Based on your feedback I am possibly planning to take the plunge towards it!

Appreciate any pointers / feedback!

I just bought Q acoustics 5020 and running it on Marantz pm7000n. To break in the speakers I am playing music on them while leaving for work everyday. So the speakers will be playing continuously for about 6- 8 hours at 50 percent volume. Is that ok? Will that in anyway damage the amp or speakers? I believe the 7000n has auto power off in case of overheating.

I just bought Q acoustics 5020 and running it on Marantz pm7000n. To break in the speakers I am playing music on them while leaving for work everyday. So the speakers will be playing continuously for about 6- 8 hours at 50 percent volume. Is that ok? Will that in anyway damage the amp or speakers? I believe the 7000n has auto power off in case of overheating.

Once you complete around 15 to 25 hours of playback the speakers will sound just right! the 7000n is built well and most amps come with protection and overheating circuits to shut off.

As long as the amp is well ventilated you have nothing to worry about.

Hi

Any owners of Cinema 50 who have purchased the same in the last 6 - 12 months? If yes how is the experience and most importantly did Marantz send the DIRAC update in March 2023?

Based on your feedback I am possibly planning to take the plunge towards it!

Appreciate any pointers / feedback!

No one has purchased a Cinema 50 to share their experience?

Anybody know where I can buy a replacement remote for Marantz SR7001? The Duracell battery leaked, even though it still had 2 years of life, and the remote is no longer working. The remote control model is RC8001 SR.

Anybody know where I can buy a replacement remote for Marantz SR7001? The Duracell battery leaked, even though it still had 2 years of life, and the remote is no longer working. The remote control model is RC8001 SR.

Online is the only option or resellers over OLX

Never use Duracell. It's one of the worst batteries which generally leaks. Pls try using Energizer, Panasonic, Enelope rechargeable batteries.
Try OLX or contact MZ . Even if you find a remote of a similar Marantz avr model, it may work.

Never use Duracell. It's one of the worst batteries which generally leaks. Pls try using Energizer, Panasonic, Enelope rechargeable batteries.
Try OLX or contact MZ . Even if you find a remote of a similar Marantz avr model, it may work.
What/Who is MZ?

Does anyone know how to turn off the preamp in Marantz SR6013 AVR, and use it purely as a power amp? I plan to get a processor and use this AVR purely as a power amp.
Thanks.

Does anyone know how to turn off the preamp in Marantz SR6013 AVR, and use it purely as a power amp? I plan to get a processor and use this AVR purely as a power amp.
Thanks.

I dont think thats an option available. SR series can be used as a pre to feed into powered speakers or power amp

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back