Marantz Owner Thread...

Is anyone using AVR preout to external amplifier. I was trying menu in amp assign, but I dont see Preout option unless I choose 11.2 in my SR6012.

I am trying to connect external Amp for fronts alone. Any help?

I am trying to connect external Amp for fronts alone. Any help?
Hope u dont want to change the speaker configuration and u just need to connect the power amp alone..if yes...Just connect front preout of the AVR to your external poweramp RCA input terminal and remove the fr,fl speaker cable and connect it in power amp speaker socket..It should work as it is.Your AVR internal power amp section for Fr,Fl will not be disabled btw.
If you want to configure different speaker configuration thats altogether different topic.
Atb

Last edited:
Hope u dont want to change the speaker configuration and u just need to connect the power amp alone..if yes...Just connect front preout of the AVR to your external poweramp RCA input terminal and remove the fr,fl speaker cable and connect it in power amp speaker socket..It should work as it is.Your AVR internal power amp section for Fr,Fl will not be disabled btw.
If you want to configure different speaker configuration thats altogether different topic.
Atb
Yes, need to connect the external amp only. Thanks for the details, will try this.

Hi all, I am having issue with subwoofer not playing in stereo mode in marantz nr1506.
Speaker setup:
Front : small
Subwoofer: yes
Crossovers: 80
Bass: LFE+mains
While playing sound in any other mode subwoofer works, but ideally sub should play in stereo mode

Hi all, I am having issue with subwoofer not playing in stereo mode in marantz nr1506.
Speaker setup:
While playing sound in any other mode subwoofer works, but ideally sub should play in stereo mode

Can you check if you have the option under Manual setup for 2 Channel Stereo, if yes then go there and check if subwoofer setting is turned on there too. You can have a seperate setup for other modes vs stereo.

Can you check if you have the option under Manual setup for 2 Channel Stereo, if yes then go there and check if subwoofer setting is turned on there too. You can have a seperate setup for other modes vs stereo.
Thanks Flux, I do not see option in manual setup

Speaker setup:
What's source file? Some formats like MP3 may not have low Bass.

Hi Friends,
I am getting a firmware upgrade message for Auro 3D on my SR 7011. Currently I am using it as a 5.1 system & have no intention of adding speakers for atmos due to room constraints. My fronts are anyways at a height and are wall mounted. Quite happy with DTS & Dolby in the current setup.
My query is, whether it is worth buying the Auro 3D feature & whether it will have an impact in a 5.1 setup or let it pass. Thanks.

Hi Friends,
I am getting a firmware upgrade message for Auro 3D on my SR 7011. Currently I am using it as a 5.1 system & have no intention of adding speakers for atmos due to room constraints. My fronts are anyways at a height and are wall mounted. Quite happy with DTS & Dolby in the current setup.
My query is, whether it is worth buying the Auro 3D feature & whether it will have an impact in a 5.1 setup or let it pass. Thanks.
No use.

Connected my NR 1504 to network after a long time and got a firmware update. Went ahead and installed it.
The only change I have noticed till now is that they have removed Spotify from online streaming options.
Anybody else recently got any update...especially older models like 15xx or 16xx?

I find the price of the 7013 for mrp Rs. 2.4 lakhs very very high considering it's a couple of models behind the current one. One can have a plethora of options in that price range from brands like Arcam, Anthem & Nad too. Probably one may get the SR 8012 for that price. When the SR 7012 was out for few months, I got the SR 7011 for 1.25 L from MZ in 2018.
2.4 Lac is the MRP. You should be able to get it for around 1.3-1.4 lac. I purchased mine at similar price a few months back.
7013 will make far more sense than a 6015. I listened to 6014 and 7013 back to back and in the first 10 seconds I knew that 7013 is far superior

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back