Marantz Owner Thread...

Hello Marantz Owners,

Would seek your help on the below issue on my SR7008, maybe setup needs to be changed

When doing 5.1 audio test (several different test audios from youtube)
a. Surround channel sound coming from front speakers
b. Subwoofer is not sounding at all
c. Besides, I also don't hear sufficient base from subwoofer when playing other video's/audio's

However all speakers sounds properly when doing the Channel Level setup

please help to advise what setup I need to change

Thanks, Srinivasan

Hi,
There has been strange issue with Marantz SR6011. This issue appeared suddenly few months back when I was playing music off HTPC with nvidia GT730 card. Graphic card stopped sending audio during playback .It didn't solve even with changed windows OS. While I was searching a solution, hard disc crashed and I was happy with Fire TV playing stuffs. added new HDD 2 days back and for testing connected Graphic card to AVR vis front HDMI port. Now all working perfect with fronts port, but when tried 4 rear ports, GT730 is not detecting Marantz. with same port, Blu-ray player, laptop is working perfectly. So dont know what strange driver issue is this which detects only front port. Driver is latest. Even old drivers do have same issue. anyone experienced this? Any solution?
Tried one other nvidia Card and it did detect marantz when connected to rear HDMI port. So with my card there can be EDID issue. Any correct way to solve it?

Exactly same status with my SR6009!
I would want to get replacement HDMI Board if its less than Rs. 20000
Any leads?
Does the optical-in still work? If not, then would the analog-in amplification work?

I'm looking to buy an old AVR to use as multi-channel integrated amplifier, want to know if such AVRs work

Does the optical-in still work? If not, then would the analog-in amplification work?

I'm looking to buy an old AVR to use as multi-channel integrated amplifier, want to know if such AVRs work
I had it packed and kept safe, I will bring it out tomorrow and check if optical-in or analog in works. Shall get back

Just received a call from Kasi Electronics saying the issue is in the hdmi borad (as expected). They have some old hdmi boards of same/similar model from which they can salvage the ICs needed to fix the issue. The technician sounds pretty confident, but would not be able to guarantee for who long it would work. Damages are to the tune of INR 10k. Not sure if I should go ahead with this.

Just received a call from Kasi Electronics saying the issue is in the hdmi borad (as expected). They have some old hdmi boards of same/similar model from which they can salvage the ICs needed to fix the issue. The technician sounds pretty confident, but would not be able to guarantee for who long it would work. Damages are to the tune of INR 10k. Not sure if I should go ahead with this.
If its processor ,then it should be same as your model,else some of functions may not work.Rest chips should not be an issue.

HDMI Board problem can not really be repaired.. They are only replaced.. Most likely, he will change the board with a salvaged one from old piece.

Received a call saying that all issues including all hdmi-in, Optical-in, remote are fixed.

ARC was not working when the receiver was having issues, but they do not have an ARC enabled TV to check this. So is there any other way to check for ARC functioning?

Got back the receiver yesterday late evening. Checked all input and output ports, and everything is working as expected, including ARC. Big sigh of relief. Thanks @Lizard King for pointing me in the right direction. Overall the service was good and would highly recommend Kasi Electronics for service/repairs.

Fellow members,

I am using the SR5013 in a 7.1 speaker configuration. Recently I added 2 ceiling speakers for ATMOS. Now, I intend to upgrade my AVR.
The options are SR7013 and the latest SR6015, to use as 7.1.2 mode.
My Speakers are QAcoustics (F, C,R and Overhead), Taga Harmony (Surrounds), Sunfire Sub.

Fellow members,

I am using the SR5013 in a 7.1 speaker configuration. Recently I added 2 ceiling speakers for ATMOS. Now, I intend to upgrade my AVR.
My Speakers are QAcoustics (F, C,R and Overhead), Taga Harmony (Surrounds), Sunfire Sub.
Do you really have space behind your listening position to go for 7 1.2 instead of 5.1.4?

Do you really have space behind your listening position to go for 7 1.2 instead of 5.1.4?
All speakers are installed.. Apart from the fronts, I have the side surrounds, Back surrounds and the 2 on top. I wont be able to add more overheads as I did a Starlight ceiling.. So, 7.1.2 is the max I can go with.
My room is pretty decent sized, with 12 feet width and 19.5 long.

Fellow members,

Between the 7013 and 6015 compare the specs, price, features and take a call. If I were you, I would go for the 7013 for overall performance and features..

Between the 7013 and 6015 compare the specs, price, features and take a call. If I were you, I would go for the 7013 for overall performance and features..
Definitely the 7013 makes more sense for more power, better over all performance and a bigger display on the front panel.
The small port hole display of the 6015 may be a bit uncomfortable for some although the TV screen can also be used.

Checked the prices.. Looks like SR7013 (MRP 2.4L) is almost double the price of SR6015 (which is launching in Dec only).
Is it worth that much of a diff ?

Checked the prices.. Looks like SR7013 (MRP 2.4L) is almost double the price of SR6015 (which is launching in Dec only).

Please try speaking to the dealer directly as you may get a better deal than online prices. If the amount of the 7013 is still significantly higher than the SR 6015 then the SR 6015 makes sense.

MRPs are listed, check with the dealer and other dealers for the best price. If there is not much difference between a 7012 and 7013 from a features / functionality of what you would use and you are getting the same at a good price...go for it....

Else as advised by @Nitin K trip on the sr6015 if too much of differences.

I find the price of the 7013 for mrp Rs. 2.4 lakhs very very high considering it's a couple of models behind the current one. One can have a plethora of options in that price range from brands like Arcam, Anthem & Nad too. Probably one may get the SR 8012 for that price. When the SR 7012 was out for few months, I got the SR 7011 for 1.25 L from MZ in 2018.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back