Marantz Owner Thread...

Hello guys,
I have SR6012. I hardly use the AVR for stereo. Recently I was trying stereo mode with Klipsch bookshelves the sound was very low. I have to raise all the way to 80-83 for decent sound. But in other movie modes like Neural:X and surround the sound is ample even at 65. Is is because the center channel playing big role or is something wrong with my AVR?

Also tried in Pure direct mode too.
Bump the source input level; it is set by default at 0dB.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hello guys,
I have SR6012. I hardly use the AVR for stereo. Recently I was trying stereo mode with Klipsch bookshelves the sound was very low. I have to raise all the way to 80-83 for decent sound. But in other movie modes like Neural:X and surround the sound is ample even at 65. Is is because the center channel playing big role or is something wrong with my AVR?

Also tried in Pure direct mode too.

Check the Front left and Front right levels by selecting 'Option' button on remote and see if the levels are too trimmed.

Check the source levels as another member suggested.

So, got myself a 6014 yesterday. Ran the Audyssey and everything. Kept the X-overs at 80 for all speakers. (Audyssey always treats the Focal 706s as Large). But, it sounds terribly bright. Ear bleeding bright. Then, I tried using an old AVR as a PA. Connected RCAs from the FL FR preouts of the 6014 and fed those to CD IN of the older AVR. Not getting any sound from the LR channels. What am I doing wrong?

So, got myself a 6014 yesterday. Ran the Audyssey and everything. Kept the X-overs at 80 for all speakers. (Audyssey always treats the Focal 706s as Large). But, it sounds terribly bright. Ear bleeding bright. Then, I tried using an old AVR as a PA. Connected RCAs from the FL FR preouts of the 6014 and fed those to CD IN of the older AVR. Not getting any sound from the LR channels. What am I doing wrong?
Hi,
Congrats .
Regarding ur query - Which AVR u are trying to use for FR and FL?
Please check the Audio input configuration in old AVR if it is D& M group ( ensure your CD input is configured as RCA( analog) instead HDMI).
Sometime as a default, inputs will be mapped to HDMI/Optical/Coax for CD instead analog.
ATB

Okay, I connected the AVR preouts directly to my stereo PA. Sound is audible. But, there's some bad fluttering sound from the speakers. Kind of interference we used to get in olden days when two cell phones were used in close proximity.

Hi,
Congrats .
Regarding ur query - Which AVR u are trying to use for FR and FL?
Please check the Audio input configuration in old AVR if it is D& M group ( ensure your CD input is configured as RCA( analog) instead HDMI).
Sometime as a default, inputs will be mapped to HDMI/Optical/Coax for CD instead analog.
ATB
Thank you. Both are D&M. One has a blown HDMI board. So I guess I cant check. Will check the other one with a working HDMI. Thanks for the tip!

Thank you. Both are D&M. One has a blown HDMI board. So I guess I cant check. Will check the other one with a working HDMI. Thanks for the tip!
Try connecting to Aux/TV/cable RCA inputs .It might help without connecting the display

Hi Shuv,

Regarding brightness in sound, in case you have the Audyssey phone app it does allow more adjustments as compared to the AVR built in Audyssey. In the MultiEQ filter frequency range setting, reduce the filter range & keep the setting at around 4300 Hz & tune it to your tastes accordingly. Audyssey keeps the default filter range at 20,000 hz which I too found quite bright on my Marantz. In the Midrange compensation menu, keep this setting off for the fronts. After doing this it sounds good for me.
Audyssey also kept my small Dali Oberon 1's setting as "Large" which I later changed to "Small "after the room correction was done.

Regards

Hi All,

I have a Marantz SR7013. The unit is tucked away in corner of my room and I get issues with the remote reception in the unit. I have bought an external IR extender , as per the manual, I am trying to turn off the remote function of AVR.

I am putting the unit in standby mode, then pressing back and enter button. With these two buttons pressed I am pressing the power button. However I am not getting any options for remote lock. The AVR resets the network settings after these steps.

Kindly let me know what am I doing wrong and how can I disable the remote function of the AVR

Thanks
Manuj

I have a Marantz SR7013. The unit is tucked away in corner of my room and I get issues with the remote reception in the unit.
What is the distance from sitting area?
My remote works from 12 ft even AVR is not facing directly to the remote and place in corner.

Review of
CD6007

PM6007
PM6007 seems to be great addition in their stereo line up along with NR1200 with HEOS capabilities. PM6007 though would have better audio quality capabilities.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back