Marantz Owner Thread...

Gentlemen, I'm considering the 5014 for the living room. Though it says Atmos on the specs, the speaker terminals on the rear panel don't have height channels? It' just surround and surround back. What am I missing here?

P.S. Just realised that my 2600 is the same. Atmos capable apparently, but no height channels. Didn't pay attention when I bought the Denon :(

HI Guys
what are the thoughts/reviews on Marantz PM8000
Thanks
Go for it, if you are getting one in good nick. I have no used one, however, the specs look great, especially the option to use it in Class A mode.

MaSh

Go for it, if you are getting one in good nick. I have no used one, however, the specs look great, especially the option to use it in Class A mode.

MaSh
thanks
is the class A a real deal or a gimmick? also planing to use it with the turntable . Any idea about the phono section?

Gentlemen, I'm considering the 5014 for the living room. Though it says Atmos on the specs, the speaker terminals on the rear panel don't have height channels? It' just surround and surround back. What am I missing here?

P.S. Just realised that my 2600 is the same. Atmos capable apparently, but no height channels. Didn't pay attention when I bought the Denon :(
In that case, urround back speakers must be assinable as atmos speakers.Check user manual.

( prob occurs while playing misic thru bluetooth only ) Hello friends , i just bought the marantz nr 1509 av reveiver and have set it up. Initially everything was running smooth when i was playing songs feom my phone through bluetooth , later once i installed the heos app in my samsung phone , made a heos acc , signed in on the same theu phone and av reveiver the prob started , that i am able to play music thru my phone thru heos app but when i play directly theu bluetooth to receiver , there is drop in sound after ever 5-6 secs pcm light flashes, i tried uninstalling heos and signing out from phone , signed out of heos from receiver and then tried connecting phone bluetooth to receiver directly still drop of sound persists. Tried using auto , pure direct and direct modes on reveiver still drops and and the pcm light flashes on receiver when sound drops....i tried from other phones and ipad no problem i.e no drop of sound while connected on bluetooth , i checked my phone and amps bluetooth codec both match i.e sbc . Again when i connect my phone same prob persists. Finally i got so frustrated and tired trying to sort out the prob. Then i re installed heos app on both and played , it plays perfectly , but thru heos app , and when i try to connect directly thru bluetooth and my phone prob persists. Finally i again uninstalled heos from both devices , reset my marantz to factory settings. And then tried again . I figured when my phone is kept very close to the receiver like within 1metre there is no problem and when i take my phone in my hand and sit at 2 metre distance there is drop in sound and pcm light flashed again. Please help experienced people.

I have tried again today morning, still prob persists in playing songs through my samsung phone bluetooth , sound drops and pcm light flashes. Experienced ppl pls help.

When i play music through my phone bluwtooth prob persistes , as i paid premuim spotify and played music still prob persisted , then in available devices it showed marantz receiver as i comnected it sound plays properly. That means when sound goes through my phones bluetooth directly thru my usual ( google play music app ) there is a drop and as it goes from spotify paid app receiver connected in the app it plays smoothly. ......when receiver is connected to my phone directly , its bluetooth name appears on receiver screen sound drop persisits and when receiver it connected thru spotify app then on receiver screen 'spotify 'is seen. Donno whts the exact problem . Pls help.

When i play music through my phone bluwtooth prob persistes , as i paid premuim spotify and played music still prob persisted , then in available devices it showed marantz receiver as i comnected it sound plays properly. That means when sound goes through my phones bluetooth directly thru my usual ( google play music app ) there is a drop and as it goes from spotify paid app receiver connected in the app it plays smoothly. ......when receiver is connected to my phone directly , its bluetooth name appears on receiver screen sound drop persisits and when receiver it connected thru spotify app then on receiver screen 'spotify 'is seen. Donno whts the exact problem . Pls help.

Have you tried another phone? Check and see if the problem persists.

Finally prob got solved. First i tried other phone prob persisted. Then i tried shutting off my wifi extender. Found out the drop stops when this is done . Figured out thru spotify app that when wifi is off on router there is only 1 option to play songs and i.e through the phone and there is no drop . The other option of playing was when marantz was comnected to spotify directly thru wifi and my phone was wrking just as a remote control.( in this case there was no drop ) .

Finally decided to stop wifi on marantz for now . So that direct bluetooth on my phone and marantz wrks well...basically the prob is heos wrks thru wifi and bluetooth , i think so such prob had occured.

There wasnt a way to stop wifi on marantz searched the web. Found tht we need to do network reset which can be done through first setting input to heos on the input setting key on receiver then pressing tunner+ and reset both buttons on the receiver itself for 3 secs. On display there is network reset and then completed . Not thru remote. Did tht prob got solved. Wont ever connect to heos or marantz to wifi as for now.

Better will add amazon fire tv stick to tv and connect it to internet if i need live streaming music. And bluetooth of phone...

Hello guys,
I have SR6012. I hardly use the AVR for stereo. Recently I was trying stereo mode with Klipsch bookshelves the sound was very low. I have to raise all the way to 80-83 for decent sound. But in other movie modes like Neural:X and surround the sound is ample even at 65. Is is because the center channel playing big role or is something wrong with my AVR?

Also tried in Pure direct mode too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back