Marantz Owner Thread...

Hi all
Those of you who are using PM6006 amp kindly tell me what you have paired it with??matching speakers, it seems is very important for this amp. I have it paired with diamond 220s and though the speakers are good on their own, they are not a good match for the pm6006 as both are warm and laid back and so the result is not very pleasing. I wonder what could be the best matches.

There seems to be a sudden jump in the prices of all Marantz products with all the retailers. I was looking out for KI Ruby or PM8006, prices of both went through the roof.

Hi,
There has been strange issue with Marantz SR6011. This issue appeared suddenly few months back when I was playing music off HTPC with nvidia GT730 card. Graphic card stopped sending audio during playback .It didn't solve even with changed windows OS. While I was searching a solution, hard disc crashed and I was happy with Fire TV playing stuffs. added new HDD 2 days back and for testing connected Graphic card to AVR vis front HDMI port. Now all working perfect with fronts port, but when tried 4 rear ports, GT730 is not detecting Marantz. with same port, Blu-ray player, laptop is working perfectly. So dont know what strange driver issue is this which detects only front port. Driver is latest. Even old drivers do have same issue. anyone experienced this? Any solution?

Hello Friends,
I own Marantz SR7008 - I need some advise on connecting 4ohms speaker

Existing Setup
Main - ADS L880/2
Center - Pure Acoustic (sometimes Anthony Gallo Micro)
Surround - Anthony Gallo Micro
Sub - Jamo Sub 200

I am not quiet happy with Anthony Gallo either as Front or Surround, I have Onkyo bookshelf which is 4ohms which i used to connect to my Denon AVR 3805, I was told not to connect 4Ohms speakers to Marantz SR7008 which runs very hot already (keeping an exhaust to cool down)

Please help to advise if this is okay to connect Onkyo (Onkyo the DN9BX ) with Marantz SR7008 if not is there any alternate options such as adding capacitor / resistor etc

Thanks in advance for your inputs. Srinivasan Palani

Hi all,

I have been away from the forum for a while now. I was quite busy with setting up and running my business.

I own a Marantz SR6008 since 2016, that I had purchased used from an AV experience center in Hyderabad. I had it paired with my Pioneer Andrew Jones Speaker system (5.1) and was quite happy with the sound quality for music and movies. I am not too picky with sound (read not a true audiophile) and stick to good Floor Standers (W/o Sub-woofer) for stereo and 5.1 system for movies.

Recently (last 2-3 months), there has been a lot of power fluctuation at my place and my AVR seems to be dead. In a strange way, all the input ports seem to be working HDMI, RCA, Optical, and Network and are able to pass through video through the HDMI main (ARC) port, but there is no audio from any output port (including Zone-2 and Pre-outs). Even the remote has ceased to work including the power on and off button. Remote works only when the input mode is switched to M-xport.

Have taken the receiver to Archana Electronics (YMCA, Secunderabad) and after a few days of evaluation he said that the receiver/HDMI board needs to be sent to their Mumbai technician (Akbar). He mentioned that this may take a few weeks and the fix is not certain. I did not want to take chance and waste any money on shipping etc. Got the receiver back and it is lying dead at home. I am left with the following options.

1) Keep looking for technicians who can fix the Marantz and buy a used receiver for interm use.
2) Scrap the Marantz and buy a replacement receiver. Even in this case it has to be a used receiver as I don't intend to invest more that 25-30k for this, if I find a good one in Hyderabad.

Replacement unit has to be an AVR as my usage is a mix of 50% more and 50% music. I stream music from Spotify to receiver directly and watch movies on Netflix/Amazon, music videos on Youtube through ARC function on TV.

Some inputs from the experts would be welcome, to clear my confusion.

Ps: I have kind of lost faith in the new gen electronics, especially AVR & TVs with lots functionality. They can just die on you any day, so don't want to invest big money (read more than 30k) in them.

Hi all,

I have been away from the forum for a while now. I was quite busy with setting up and running my business.

I own a Marantz SR6008 since 2016, that I had purchased used from an AV experience center in Hyderabad. I had it paired with my Pioneer Andrew Jones Speaker system (5.1) and was quite happy with the sound quality for music and movies. I am not too picky with sound (read not a true audiophile) and stick to good Floor Standers (W/o Sub-woofer) for stereo and 5.1 system for movies.

Recently (last 2-3 months), there has been a lot of power fluctuation at my place and my AVR seems to be dead. In a strange way, all the input ports seem to be working HDMI, RCA, Optical, and Network and are able to pass through video through the HDMI main (ARC) port, but there is no audio from any output port (including Zone-2 and Pre-outs). Even the remote has ceased to work including the power on and off button. Remote works only when the input mode is switched to M-xport.

Have taken the receiver to Archana Electronics (YMCA, Secunderabad) and after a few days of evaluation he said that the receiver/HDMI board needs to be sent to their Mumbai technician (Akbar). He mentioned that this may take a few weeks and the fix is not certain. I did not want to take chance and waste any money on shipping etc. Got the receiver back and it is lying dead at home. I am left with the following options.

1) Keep looking for technicians who can fix the Marantz and buy a used receiver for interm use.
2) Scrap the Marantz and buy a replacement receiver. Even in this case it has to be a used receiver as I don't intend to invest more that 25-30k for this, if I find a good one in Hyderabad.

Replacement unit has to be an AVR as my usage is a mix of 50% more and 50% music. I stream music from Spotify to receiver directly and watch movies on Netflix/Amazon, music videos on Youtube through ARC function on TV.

Ps: I have kind of lost faith in the new gen electronics, especially AVR & TVs with lots functionality. They can just die on you any day, so don't want to invest big money (read more than 30k) in them.
For whatever is its worth, you may take opinion from Kasi Electrical, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, the other Marantz Authorised Service Center in Hyderabad.

Hi,
There has been strange issue with Marantz SR6011. This issue appeared suddenly few months back when I was playing music off HTPC with nvidia GT730 card. Graphic card stopped sending audio during playback .It didn't solve even with changed windows OS. While I was searching a solution, hard disc crashed and I was happy with Fire TV playing stuffs. added new HDD 2 days back and for testing connected Graphic card to AVR vis front HDMI port. Now all working perfect with fronts port, but when tried 4 rear ports, GT730 is not detecting Marantz. with same port, Blu-ray player, laptop is working perfectly. So dont know what strange driver issue is this which detects only front port. Driver is latest. Even old drivers do have same issue. anyone experienced this? Any solution?
Had a similar issue with my 5007 and Firestick4K. None of the HDMI ports were functional. I did quite a few hard resets and finally that fixed the issue.

Had a similar issue with my 5007 and Firestick4K. None of the HDMI ports were functional. I did quite a few hard resets and finally that fixed the issue.
Resets did but will try again. One thing I need to mention here that this issue started after I used asio4all with MPCHC in 5.1 mode. That is I could play 5.1 movie with asio out ,but after some time ,it stopped and I couldn't play the same way again. After few days of this, suddenly audio stopped and NVidia failed to detect AVR.

I heard import duty has increased so whatever is coming in post April 2020 has been hiked up.
Price seems to be down again, atleast in Hifimart.com. Both PM7000N and PM8006 are average at discount, almost matching UK prices. Spoke to Anil and ordered PM8006. Anyone who is in the market, please grab it before the deal is over:)

Hi all,

Exactly same status with my SR6009!
I would want to get replacement HDMI Board if its less than Rs. 20000
Any leads?

I plan to visit Kasi electronics today, to have the AVR evaluated. Hope that they find a fix for the issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi all,

I too have lost my Marantz 7010 to power fluctuations during Covid lockdown. It is now in B'lore for repairs. They have last quoted Rs. 30,000 for a HDMI Board change. My dealer friend is negotiating. Been at the shop for more than a month now.

I too have lost my Marantz 7010 to power fluctuations during Covid lockdown. It is now in B'lore for repairs. They have last quoted Rs. 30,000 for a HDMI Board change. My dealer friend is negotiating. Been at the shop for more than a month now.
Looks like "fried HDMI Board" a very common issue :(
the cost of replacement is exorbitant, one could buy a used unit for that price.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back