Marantz Owner Thread...

I was advised to do so.Very happy with my Marantz
UPDATE & SET UP BOX WAS ONLY THING I WAS WARNED against.

Last edited:
I had a bad experience with Marantz sr5008. It was fine for 3 months and started giving trouble. I sent to service center(MZ Audio) couple of times. They said that they replaced all the boards and send back but VB still the problem was there. Transportation was the problem they claim. I fed up with it and after around 6 months I have shown it to local Yamaha service man( Marantz service is not available). Finally he explained me how I was cheated by MZ Audio. They are no connector plugs. All boards are soldered together which is stopping him to sort out the issue.
Seriously this is a big addiction with Marantz sound as I couldn't be happier with other setups such as Yamaha, pioneer,onkyo,nad and even Denon.
I can't give up this AVR nor dare again to purchase one more

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk
Even I had similar problem with my sr 5007. Last year I sent it to Mz Audio for rectifying HDMI board issues. I got it back after 2 months and many phone calls. They claimed that they changed HDMI board but it seems they did some patchy work only. Now recently my sr 5007 stopped sending audio signals to speakers. I checked with them and they are asking me to send it again for repairs. Once it goes to their workshop, it takes ages to get it back and also you don't get updates from them.

Yes it happened me twice and out of 1 year warranty almost 6 months it was either with them or transit.due to this the last time when it is out of warranty( this Jan) though they have considered my issue and said to send it to Chennai service centre( recently started). I have done so but the person at service centre had some personal issues so it was on hold for 2 months. After lot of phone calls it came back on March mid week and finally found the problem was not solved. Then I took the help of local services got me found these flaws done by MZ Audio.
As far the components are working and the way they deal with customer is good. Once you get the trouble their attitude revealed.
Let me tell you one more such incident happened with my friend with pioneer AVR purchased from same have some issues with surround speaker levels.he found the issue after holding it for almost 3 months and reluctant to replace it. Then we raised the issue with pioneer india and finally the piece was replaced.
I think I have seen enough with them and I don't want to rely on them for further services on my AVR.

But what to do,

When I was started my first name post on this forum back on 2008, some body warned me of this addiction. And now iam facing VB the consequences.
This is never stopping want. Purchased SVS pc12plus back then then wharf 9.5 then meridian DAC and sennhd598 and goes on.
Along with these we get gifts from wife and parents also

Pretty pleased with my Marantz so far. Must have run audessey quite a few times trying to get that perfect blend to the sub.

Only problem that I found so far was that sometimes audio does not come on when switching between sources.

And well, reference settings of audessey can only truly be appreciated at reference volumes, which cannot be played in my small apartment without feeling guilty of disturbing my neighbors.

Got SR 5010 week back and updated the firmware to DTS X over wifi and went pretty smooth, no issues at all.

calibrated with Audyssey but not happy with sound while watching some dts samples, during calibration suddenly there was fireworks noise started in background and it seems due to which will have to rerun audyssey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

As for me, I run audyssey to check and see what typical settings the AVR does itself based on various parameters...

Then I calibrate manually levels, EQ, source levels etc to get the wow / bliss to my ears.....that's the beauty of any Marantz model, you can tweak as much as you wish...

Hi

As for me, I run audyssey to check and see what typical settings the AVR does itself based on various parameters...

Then I calibrate manually levels, EQ, source levels etc to get the wow / bliss to my ears.....that's the beauty of any Marantz model, you can tweak as much as you wish...

Very true. Dynamic eq is supposed to adjust reference settings to low level listning. It does a decent enough job but the few rare times i was um permitted to listen to reference at reference levels was very satisfying. Not that anything is wrong with preference though.

Even I had similar problem with my sr 5007. Last year I sent it to Mz Audio for rectifying HDMI board issues. I got it back after 2 months and many phone calls. They claimed that they changed HDMI board but it seems they did some patchy work only. Now recently my sr 5007 stopped sending audio signals to speakers. I checked with them and they are asking me to send it again for repairs. Once it goes to their workshop, it takes ages to get it back and also you don't get updates from them.
Probably the intermediary i.e your dealer is culprit

Really nice to see this thread. Though I am not exactly a AVR owner, I have flagship product of Marantz stereo amp lineup, the PM6004. Every time i listen to the sound I love it all the more. As of now I am looking at upgrading my speakers from the paradigm FS Monitor 7. I am looking for more musical ones. Not that Monitor 7 aren't, its just that I am now looking for a change and upgrade for better. Suggestions and experiences are welcome.

I have the SR6009 bought from Hifimart last year. Very happy with this receiver and love its audyssey features. I am running two SVS subs and they blend perfectly with my room thanks to audyssey.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi All, I am planning to buy NR1506 or NR1606.. What are best (and cheapest :) ) 5.1 speaker setup that pairs well with these AVR?
Any reviews of HKTS 5 or JBL cinema 510?

Hi,

Both speaker brands will easily match.

If u r on a tight budget, a couple of Marantz avrs on sale in hifiads.com...seem reasonable.

Not an avr owner, but i do have marantz pm 6005.

I have a doubt. Do you think 6005 stereo amp is powerful enough to drive Dynaudio M 2/7 bookshelves?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi

Dyna audio speakers are IEC 150 watts max @ 4 ohms load.

The 6005 is capable of delivering continous 60watts @ 4 ohms...

Don't see any challenge there unless you want to crank up the volume further....

Marantz Amps are good ..My PM7001 still working after 5 yrs ...and my recent purchase PM11S2 ..is quite good .

my exp with CD players was not that positive ....CD6003 had issues within one year ...it was repaired ... SA8005 was faulty right out of the box ...but MZ audio replaced it with a new one and that's working fine till date ...

My exp with MZ audio has been positive ...as far as time is concerned ...they procure parts from Singapore ...so there will delays ....

Any user of UD5007 or UD7007 blue ray player for CD play and Flac play through USB. Now oppo bdp prices have gone up in US. So I want to try UD5007 for my decent CVblue ray collection and Flac collection. Opinions on this please....

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hi

My elder bro is looking to go for a stereo set up...obviously a Marantz......

He is looking at the PM7005 and hifi mart is offering the same with 23% discount + 10% more(coupon)....(mrp 94900) Final price 65700/-

I am checking with my sources if I can arrange a price lower than this....obviously within 60000/- to include shipping and warranty.....

Will keep you posted as this is after all a Marantz thread.... ;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back