Marantz Owner Thread...

I recently upgraded my existing AVR to Marantz SR7013. With 30 minutes of usage and running the volume level at reference -15dB, it was running hot. I have been using a laptop cooling pad which reduces the heat to an extent.

I have a 5 channel ROTEL power amplifier which I connected to the AVR after a week from the AVR purchase date. After taking all the front 5 channels (LCR + FHR & FHL) in my 5.1.4 setup to power amplifier, the heat has come down and there is a difference in the AVR temperature as the AVR front 5 channels amplification has been offloaded to the separates.

I have one more 2 channel power amplifier from KENWOOD to drive the remaining rear height channels. It not only improves the sound quality, it further contributes to take the excess heat from the AVR. Remaining 2 (surrounds) out of 9 channels are driven by the AVR itself. The heat produced for driving these 2 channels is negligible.

I am getting a AC Infinity Aircom T10 front exhaust fan in the coming weeks. I should supersede the laptop cooler better in sucking out the heat from the AVR. Cant really help for the heat produced by Marantz (Pretty much the same case with the other brand AVRs which drive 9 and more channels), no matter how many minutes / hours you use.

As much as possible, keep the AVR and other equipment ventilated and have them run in air conditioned environment. If not possible, at least have the ceiling fan ON. A laptop cooler or a proper AVR cooling systems like AC Infinity Aircom products would help in reducing the heat to an extent for sure.

Fully agree with you Mr. Sriram. Powering them by separates would further reduce the load on Marantz but not sure if it is an option for many people. The Marantz gets very hot. The AC Infinity Aircom is a good option. Even I was facing the same dilemma when I got the Marantz SR 7011. It used to get very hot barely after approx an hour's usage for stereo listening considering that the top of the receiver was open & there was nothing on top of it. I had to install an AC just to keep the Receiver cool. I had asked a technician once regarding this issue & he told me that the HDMI board gets hot, not sure if this is the only cause. With movies it gets even hotter. After keeping the ECO mode on Auto it reduced the heating drastically in my case.

Prior to the 7011, I had the Marantz SR 8200 which was a 6.1 receiver. After using it for approx 5 hours continuously at moderate volume it would get barely warm & generally run very cool & its heat sink fan never ever came on in its 10 years of usage . It did not have any HDMI connections.

Last edited:
Fully agree with you Mr. Sriram. Powering them by separates would further reduce the load on Marantz but not sure if it is an option for many people. The Marantz gets very hot. The AC Infinity Aircom is a good option. Even I was facing the same dilemma when I got the Marantz SR 7011. It used to get very hot barely after approx an hour's usage for stereo listening considering that the top of the receiver was open & there was nothing on top of it. I had to install an AC just to keep the Receiver cool. I had asked a technician once regarding this issue & he told me that the HDMI board gets hot, not sure if this is the only cause. With movies it gets even hotter. After keeping the ECO mode on Auto it reduced the heating drastically in my case.

Prior to the 7011, I had the Marantz SR 8200 which was a 6.1 receiver. After using it for approx 5 hours continuously at moderate volume it would get barely warm & generally run very cool & its heat sink fan never ever came on in its 10 years of usage . It did not have any HDMI connections.

Very true that not every one could afford power amplifiers. It's an option for better sound which also yields to controlled temperature.

Try to avoid eco mode as much as possible. At higher volumes, it may go to protection mode.

As more technology evolve, we have to bear all the side effects like heat and all.

Very true that not every one could afford power amplifiers. It's an option for better sound which also yields to controlled temperature.

Try to avoid eco mode as much as possible. At higher volumes, it may go to protection mode.

As more technology evolve, we have to bear all the side effects like heat and all.

Thanks, sure I will keep that in mind. I do switch Eco mode off for 2 channel listening but occasionally. My volume levels are moderate, prefer listening to music at low volumes hence with Eco mode on or off couldn't make out any difference in sound.

I have never heard a Rotel . How is the sound signature as compared to your Marantz ?

I wonder with so much of money involved in high end gear, why manufacturers won't look at these kind of common issues including HDMI board failures.

I guess it has become a rat race now out there for most of the brands with more emphasis on new formats, features & cost cutting to sell their units rather than maintaining good quality hardware. A lot of quality conscious companies have faded into oblivion since they couldn't adapt to the current economics.

Thanks, sure I will keep that in mind. I do switch Eco mode off for 2 channel listening but occasionally. My volume levels are moderate, prefer listening to music at low volumes hence with Eco mode on or off couldn't make out any difference in sound.

I have never heard a Rotel . How is the sound signature as compared to your Marantz ?

Ideally a power amplifier won't change the sound signature. It opens up the frequently range and speaker gets constant RMS watts as the volume level goes up. So long as I know..

ROTEL what I use is a 5 channel amplifier drives my front stage at 100W per channel. Power handling is great and just way more than enough for my movie watching.

Anybody using any Universal remote which works with marantz AVR also? I recently bought HT (5.0 conf) with Marantz6013 and now stuck with 5 remote controls. Have heard about logitech harmony series but not sure if they are really worth and can control all my devices?
My devices are:
Marantz 6013 AVR
Firestick 4k
LG Blu-ray player
Tata Sky+ (with recorder)
LG TV 47"LM7600

Anybody using any Universal remote which works with marantz AVR also? I recently bought HT (5.0 conf) with Marantz6013 and now stuck with 5 remote controls. Have heard about logitech harmony series but not sure if they are really worth and can control all my devices?
My devices are:
Marantz 6013 AVR
Firestick 4k
LG Blu-ray player
LG TV 47"LM7600
I am using Logitech harmony elite since last 2 years with Maratz 7012 and its totally worth it, it can control 95% devices,
you can check here : https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/compatibility
even if your device is not listed, the remote can program using existing device remote.

My devices are:
Marantz 6013 AVR
Firestick 4k
LG Blu-ray player
LG TV 47"LM7600

Logitech Harmony is fantastic, I was using Harmony 650 with Marantz SR 8200 & Pioneer BDP 180 & as Manav24 has said it controls most of the devices though I did not configure set top boxes to it. But you can pretty much configure most of the devices on their website & it works like a breeze removing the need to have multiple remotes. The remote is battery hungry so I used Eneloop rechargeable batteries with them. Pls find the link below for it.

You can go to their website to check what devices are supported by the remote.

The harmony hub is a far better solution than the 650
I still have my old 650 but would never go back to it

better option is to buy from USA as a Package that consist of 950 Remote and latest hub along with charging cradle, its power hungry but that depends on the usage IMO, I use my remote for 10-12 hours each day and has to charge it in 48-72 hours but I have a habit of putting it in charging cradle each night when its time to go to bed.

Last edited:
The harmony hub is a far better solution than the 650
I still have my old 650 but would never go back to it
well there is difference between hub and remote, HUB can be cheaper but not handy as remote as with Hub u need to use Harmony app to use it like remote and its very annoying at times.

well there is difference between hub and remote, HUB can be cheaper but not handy as remote as with Hub u need to use Harmony app to use it like remote and its very annoying at times.
The hub comes with a physical remote
Totally with you as it's supremely annoying to fire up an app on the remote - which is needed at times when i can't find the remote

Edit: Ok, it seems there is a basic model of the hub which comes with no remote.
Every other hub model however comes with a physical remote

As an added benefit, the connection between the hub and remote is RF so no need to point
Also, the app, as annoying as it is ,comes in handy once every few days when one can't locate the remote

The hub comes with a physical remote
Totally with you as it's supremely annoying to fire up an app on the remote - which is needed at times when i can't find the remote

Edit: Ok, it seems there is a basic model of the hub which comes with no remote.
Every other hub model however comes with a physical remote

As an added benefit, the connection between the hub and remote is RF so no need to point
Also, the app, as annoying as it is ,comes in handy once every few days when one can't locate the remote
well hub is $100 around and remotes like 950 are around $250, I think you mean to say the whole hub and remote package.
like Logitech harmony Elite which costs around $325. or shall I say its other way around, hub is a cheaper part of package so hub come with the remote. https://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-universal-remotes.
Also there is only 1 hub that comes with 5-6 different remotes.

Friends..! I am using the SR7005 happily with great SQ for years... however I am missing the recent features of casting music with Bluetooth, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri etc. Kindly advise what could be some possible solutions to get these added into the HT setup. (a regular Bluetooth Adapter won't be promising). Thanks in advance.

Friends..! I am using the SR7005 happily with great SQ for years... however I am missing the recent features of casting music with Bluetooth, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri etc. Kindly advise what could be some possible solutions to get these added into the HT setup. (a regular Bluetooth Adapter won't be promising). Thanks in advance.
Try Amazon Echo Input. It is WiFi streaming and Alexa enabled.
You should be able to connect it to one of the analog audio inputs on your AVR.

For video, there is Chromecast or Firestick.
Cheers,
Raghu

Try Amazon Echo Input. It is WiFi streaming and Alexa enabled.
You should be able to connect it to one of the analog audio inputs on your AVR.

For video, there is Chromecast or Firestick.
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks dear... Bluetooth is the primary need though.

I recently upgraded my existing AVR to Marantz SR7013. With 30 minutes of usage and running the volume level at reference -15dB, it was running hot. I have been using a laptop cooling pad which reduces the heat to an extent.

I have a 5 channel ROTEL power amplifier which I connected to the AVR after a week from the AVR purchase date. After taking all the front 5 channels (LCR + FHR & FHL) in my 5.1.4 setup to power amplifier, the heat has come down and there is a difference in the AVR temperature as the AVR front 5 channels amplification has been offloaded to the separates.

I have one more 2 channel power amplifier from KENWOOD to drive the remaining rear height channels. It not only improves the sound quality, it further contributes to take the excess heat from the AVR. Remaining 2 (surrounds) out of 9 channels are driven by the AVR itself. The heat produced for driving these 2 channels is negligible.

I am getting a AC Infinity Aircom T10 front exhaust fan in the coming weeks. I should supersede the laptop cooler better in sucking out the heat from the AVR. Cant really help for the heat produced by Marantz (Pretty much the same case with the other brand AVRs which drive 9 and more channels), no matter how many minutes / hours you use.

As much as possible, keep the AVR and other equipment ventilated and have them run in air conditioned environment. If not possible, at least have the ceiling fan ON. A laptop cooler or a proper AVR cooling systems like AC Infinity Aircom products would help in reducing the heat to an extent for sure.

Just wondering that if every channel needs external amplification why go for 7013 and not for 6013 or 5013 ?

Just wondering that if every channel needs external amplification why go for 7013 and not for 6013 or 5013 ?
You're absolutely correct. It makes more sense to buy the lower powered ones and save that money to add external amps.

BUT that is only if you have planned in advance to add external amplification.
Mostly people expect the AVRs to drive all channels.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back