Marantz Owner Thread...

I have just switch from Denon AVR to Marantz AVR. What is your observations while switching from other brands like Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer to Marantz.

I have just switch from Denon AVR to Marantz AVR. What is your observations while switching from other brands like Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer to Marantz.
What was your observations? Did you find it better than denon in movie department?

Can i conmect an external eq to my marantz sr5013. I have an extra schiit loki with me. Just curios to know if i can connect it to my sr 5013 with using an external source.

Can i conmect an external eq to my marantz sr5013. I have an extra schiit loki with me. Just curios to know if i can connect it to my sr 5013 with using an external source.
Loki is analog in analog out.
If your source has a analog output, stick the Loki between the source and AVR
Cheers,
Raghu

Sorry i meant to say that without using an external source. Within a closed loop system of the avr.

No......usually the amp or AVR has to have Pre Out and Main In.....some Yamaha AVRs of the past had this available only for the MAIN speakers......not sure if the AVRs of now have this....the only reason I am sticking to a Marantz is because it has a 9 Band Adjustable EQ (If I want to) for each speaker...

Use manually the 9 Band EQ available in settings of the AVR........

No......usually the amp or AVR has to have Pre Out and Main In.....some Yamaha AVRs of the past had this available only for the MAIN speakers......not sure if the AVRs of now have this....the only reason I am sticking to a Marantz is because it has a 9 Band Adjustable EQ (If I want to) for each speaker...

Use manually the 9 Band EQ available in settings of the AVR........
Thanks alot.

Dear Marantz owner's, how do you access Tidal on Marantz AV Receiver. In my Marantz NR 1608, HEOS app, Tidal option is not available even though on Marantz NR 1608 specifications say that user can access Tidal...

Dear Marantz owner's, how do you access Tidal on Marantz AV Receiver. In my Marantz NR 1608, HEOS app, Tidal option is not available even though on Marantz NR 1608 specifications say that user can access Tidal...

Found this through Google.....it may apply to your model....check manual to be double sure

Already I have connected my Laptop to Marantz NR1608 through HDMI port and streaming Tidal music from Tidal desktop app. I am looking for something like Spotify connect where Marantz NR 1608 itself stream Spotify music without help of laptop or Spotify desktop app but with the help of in-built Marantz HEOS app.

I have recently brought stereo power amplifier and I have Marantz SR 6013. Do I need to run audyssey after connecting power amplifier to 2 front towers. Please guide me hoping for quick reply. With regards. Vinayaka

I have recently brought stereo power amplifier and I have Marantz SR 6013. Do I need to run audyssey after connecting power amplifier to 2 front towers. Please guide me hoping for quick reply. With regards. Vinayaka

Yes after hooking the power amp you need to run audyssey again....

What option should I choose-7.1or 9.1. I have 6 surround speakers ( front height)
You have to use the same set of configuration as earlier the stereo amp intro in your setup.
Hope u connected Marantz FR,FL preout to stereo amp input.Is it just 2channel power amp or stereo integrated amp?

If you are using in 7.2.4 mode than you need to assign amplifier for 11.2 mode and then need to assign internal amplifier as per your requirement. You can assign pre out for front speakers and can connect power amplifier for front channels.

If you are using in 7.2.4 mode than you need to assign amplifier for 11.2 mode and then need to assign internal amplifier as per your requirement. You can assign pre out for front speakers and can connect power amplifier for front channels.
I am having- 2 towers one centre and 2 surround, 2 back surround, 2 height and 1 subwoofer
I want to connect 2 channel stereo power amplifier to 2 front towers since they are 4 ohm speakers earlier without power amplifier I was using 9.1 setup now what should I use. Please guide me

Back