Marantz SR6006 overheating - need help/advise

Thats because your receiver did not use all channels. SR8200 at max consumes 400 watts while the advanced 7011 model sucks out 710 watts and this should explain the difference in high operating temperature.

What are your speakers impedance? For sure selecting 4 ohm basically limits the power output circuitry of the receiver which compromise on sound quality. If driven hard with 4 ohms speakers at higher volume levels it can damage the speakers or clip the amplifier and shut down. The temperature of the receiver depends on various factor like whether it is operated under Air conditioner or cooled down with fans etc and the volume at which we listen.
Its 8 ohm nominal
4 ohm min
I do not drive very loudly. Vol max -15db.
With 4 ohm , bass is tight and vocals are clear.8 ohm softens sound.I have tried 4 speaker sets before writing here.

Thats because your receiver did not use all channels. SR8200 at max consumes 400 watts while the advanced 7011 model sucks out 710 watts and this should explain the difference in high operating temperature.

Yes the consumption of 7011 is what you have rightly stated. Though I have used the 8200 in 5.1 mode for movies too, yet it use to get barely warm.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back