Marantz SR6006 overheating - need help/advise

I got this for Marantz 6012. It's been very effective so far to keep my AVR cool. Without these fans, the top cover of AVR used to get uncomfortably warm. You just need a normal 5V adaptor to run these. These fans are very silent.
Thanks - will try to get hold of them!

Would be better to keep it on Eco mode if it has that setting & try the AC Infinity cooling fan as suggested above. If you are running the receiver in an air conditioned room then that should suffice with the eco mode turned on. Pls don't cover the top of the receiver while using it & it should have at least 3 to 4 inches of space on top & around for ventillation.
Thanks. Not sure I ever saw the "Eco" mode on this model. The space around and top exceeds the specs.

In mi
Thanks. Not sure I ever saw the "Eco" mode on this model. The space around and top exceeds the specs.
In my opinion, avoid the eco mode. That throttles down the amps affects sound quality. Better to explore other options to improve ventilation and improve cooling.

MaSh

Would be better to keep it on Eco mode if it has that setting & try the AC Infinity cooling fan as suggested above. If you are running the receiver in an air conditioned room then that should suffice with the eco mode turned on. Pls don't cover the top of the receiver while using it & it should have at least 3 to 4 inches of space on top & around for ventillation.
6006 doesn't have echo mode.Since its used piece, chance of service/repair is possible.

Thanks for the detailed response. Yes, the fans run on a dedicated 12V SMPS. I had to find 50mm fans that were just 10mm thick that I placed under the top cover using magnets, ran the wires out from two rear slots to the SMPS - so that I do not have any fans on top of the unit (as the unit is kept on top and is fully open to sight). I used simple 2 wire ball-bearing fans from Sunon.

Could you please post a picture your receiver? just to assess its ventilation level. I am running 3 fans powered by usb on top of enclosure and it keeps my receiver temp under control. My best bet for you is below and am sure this is something really worth to look at. It runs on USB with speed selectors and less noise for sure. This may benefit many marantz, onkyo and denon owners who are concerned about heating.

Could you please post a picture your receiver? just to assess its ventilation level. I am running 3 fans powered by usb on top of enclosure and it keeps my receiver temp under control. My best bet for you is below and am sure this is something really worth to look at. It runs on USB with speed selectors and less noise for sure. This may benefit many marantz, onkyo and denon owners who are concerned about heating.

Thanks! I just ordered Vizeta's recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00JLV4BWC/ since this is a two-fan set. Will order your reco as well, since the Ac Infinity will take weeks to reach me.

Thanks Nitin. The SR6006 does not have an Eco Mode.

Thanks Nitin. The SR6006 does not have an Eco Mode.

Most welcome Sunil. My Marantz SR 7011 also use to get very hot especially in 5.1 mode. The Eco mode on it use to keep the heat emission low but during summer's it was still quite hot. So had to install an AC which sorted the issue.
But hopefully your Infinity fans should take care of it.
From what I have heard, the hdmi boards within the Marantz receiver generates a lot of heat. Not sure how far this is true.

Last edited:
Most welcome Sunil. My Marantz SR 7011 also use to get very hot especially in 5.1 mode. The Eco mode on it use to keep the heat emission low but during summer's it was still quite hot. So had to install an AC which sorted the issue.
From what I have heard, the hdmi boards within the Marantz receiver generates a lot of heat. Not sure how far this is true.
Instead of echo mod, try 4 ohm speaker setting. It also generate less heat.HDMI board perhaps has nothing to do with heating issue.

Instead of echo mod, try 4 ohm speaker setting. It also generate less heat.HDMI board perhaps has nothing to do with heating issue.

Sure, will try that. But since impedance is never fixed, a lot of people advise against keeping it at a fixed setting.

I think the same, but newer marantz AVRs have fix option to select .No choice for floating.

Switching to 4 ohm setting will disable the ECO mode OFF function (which you means you cannot enable ECO). 4 Ohm requires more power from amp to driver which results in more heat dissipation. I would recommend to leave the ohm setting at 8 ohms regardless of your speaker impedance.

Switching to 4 ohm setting will disable the ECO mode OFF function (which you means you cannot enable ECO). 4 Ohm requires more power from amp to driver which results in more heat dissipation. I would recommend to leave the ohm setting at 8 ohms regardless of your speaker impedance.

Would agree on that, lesser the impedance results in more heat generation from the amp to drive the speakers.

Yes ,but its not happening.With 4 ohm on and echo mode off, heat is not generating much.Last night watched full movie and marantz was warmer and not hot.
Perhaps with 4 ohm, additional power rail is activated as we can hear click sound and load on regulators is shared to produce less heat even though echo mode is off.With 6 ohm setting its not happening.Don't know how exactly power supply is designed internally.I found with echo mode on, weight in bass softens.

Would agree on that, lesser the impedance results in more heat generation from the amp to drive the speakers.
But reality is different .Even with towers,its not hot with 4 ohm settings.Soundstage appears little smaller compared to 8 ohm settings.

Yes ,but its not happening.With 4 ohm on and echo mode off, heat is not generating much.Last night watched full movie and marantz was warmer and not hot.
Perhaps with 4 ohm, additional power rail is activated as we can hear click sound and load on regulators is shared to produce less heat even though echo mode is off.With 6 ohm setting its not happening.Don't know how exactly power supply is designed internally.I found with echo mode on, weight in bass softens.

What are your speakers impedance? For sure selecting 4 ohm basically limits the power output circuitry of the receiver which compromise on sound quality. If driven hard with 4 ohms speakers at higher volume levels it can damage the speakers or clip the amplifier and shut down. The temperature of the receiver depends on various factor like whether it is operated under Air conditioner or cooled down with fans etc and the volume at which we listen.

It is rather to do with class type of the amplifier. Marantz uses Class A/B which has a tendency to dissipate more heat. The general problem with these receiver will always affect the hdmi boards as they can't sustain the operating temperature for years. More common with Onkyo.

It is rather to do with class type of the amplifier. Marantz uses Class A/B which has a tendency to dissipate more heat. The general problem with these receiver will always affect the hdmi boards as they can't sustain the operating temperature for years. More common with Onkyo.

Prior to the SR 7011, I had the SR 8200 which was an excellent receiver & would barely get warm after 4 hours of continuous stereo playback with just a ceiling fan on. According to a showroom person it was because the SR 8200 did not have any hdmi boards which the newer receivers have. I have no idea regarding the actual reason for heating. For movies the 7011 gets hotter due to several channels of amplification.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back