Matching amplifiers for my Tannoy floorstanders

sumitrod

Hello !
Am confused over selecting the right amp for my Tannoy Mercury custom F4 fllorstanders. Earlier had paired with a Yamaha RXV661 which was musically great but a tad underpowered against the 100 rms of my loudspeakers. Had to crank up the volume to almost 15db at times.
Now, wish to switch to a amp and deciding between a CA Azur651A, Yamaha AS500, NAD 356BEE or Marantz P6004. My kind of music is mainly rock, vocals and instrumental and a tight bass which the Tannoys are good at. Prefer something not too bright.

Can I get some inputs from the forum members please.

Equipment: Oppo BDP 103 DVD player
Loudspeaker: Tannoy Mercury F4 Custom

yes i have heard the Yamaha and CA but not tested with my speaker set. CA Azur seemed too bright. No options in my city for NAD or Marantz. ut considering the Marantz is at 45 RMS per channel, would it be very underpowered.

yes i have heard the Yamaha and CA but not tested with my speaker set. CA Azur seemed too bright. No options in my city for NAD or Marantz. ut considering the Marantz is at 45 RMS per channel, would it be very underpowered.

If you are looking for higher decibles comared to your Existing RX-V661 which is rated at 90W per channel,then you should look for Amplifiers with similar rating. 45 W will be underpowered-- what is your room dimension?

Also have you tried Bi Amping your speakers with the AVR?

Hello !
Am confused over selecting the right amp for my Tannoy Mercury custom F4 fllorstanders. Earlier had paired with a Yamaha RXV661 which was musically great but a tad underpowered against the 100 rms of my loudspeakers. Had to crank up the volume to almost 15db at times.
Now, wish to switch to a amp and deciding between a CA Azur651A, Yamaha AS500, NAD 356BEE or Marantz P6004. My kind of music is mainly rock, vocals and instrumental and a tight bass which the Tannoys are good at. Prefer something not too bright.

Can I get some inputs from the forum members please.

Equipment: Oppo BDP 103 DVD player
Loudspeaker: Tannoy Mercury F4 Custom

I think you need to tweak your speaker settings in your AVR menu...

Tannoy Mercury custom F4 is 91db efficiency which is very good for a FS...

Yamaha RXV661 is rated @ 90W/Channel, so when in stereo mode, it should be able to produce around 70 - 80w/channel both the channel driven simultaneously...

This power is more than enough to drive your FS rated 91db...

Before you scout for a new amplifier, check the speaker settings & see if you can increase the numbers... I am sure there must be an option...

If you are looking for higher decibles comared to your Existing RX-V661 which is rated at 90W per channel,then you should look for Amplifiers with similar rating. 45 W will be underpowered-- what is your room dimension?

Also have you tried Bi Amping your speakers with the AVR?

You are comparing an AVR specs with stereo amplifier specs.... Stereo amplifiers are more powerful eventhough they produce less power (watts/Channel)

I have had many receives in the past....NAD C326 which is rated @ 50W/channel is more powerful than my AVR which is rated @ 135 W/channel....

Back