Matching speakers for Arcam A39

whatsapp-image-2018-05-20-at-5-28-28-pm-jpeg.27621
WhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.27 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.26 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.23 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.23 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.20 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.19 PM(1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.22 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-05-20 at 5.28.28 PM.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 160
Thanks for the pics they indeed look nice. I am really interested to know how's the bass response ?
I'm looking for new speakers myself and not sure whether to go for bookshelves or floorstanders.

Hi can you please elaborate how does each type of tweeter differ with respect to sound ?

I listen to Smooth Jazz and prefer the sound of ribbon tweeters. They are just extremely fast, especially the folded ribbons, since there is increased air dispersion which provides brilliant imaging. The treble from the Ribbon tweeters was 'open' , 'airy' sweet and seductively (very) different from a dome speaker. Typical examples would be the cymbals struck by a wire brush, the Ribbons would provide immense detail and resolution, but the sizzle that is part of the sound, when a wire brush ( as opposed to a nylon brush or a wooden stick) was missing.

Electrostatic planar has impressive high frequencies, just like a mirror reflection of the actual instrument - almost surreal; life like. Also the Raspiness of a Trumpet, played full throttle, would not have the piercing edge that the live instrument provides. To me Ribbon Tweeters present a VERY seductive sound. All of them were extremely detailed but way too hot. So, electrostatic planar and ribbons are preferred by me.

Thanks for the pics they indeed look nice. I am really interested to know how's the bass response ?
I'm looking for new speakers myself and not sure whether to go for bookshelves or floorstanders.

Hi, thank you so much for the comment. Bass is rich and clean. A touch of deep punch and fastnest IMO and a fellow senior audiophile also felt the same. About this BS there is no sub required.

If you have enough space you can go ahead with FS otherwise you will have to buy a decent BS which may cost slightly high.

I have heard ribbon tweeters, super tweeters, metallic, dome etc. but never Beryllium; hence the curiosity:rolleyes:

My experience is very limited about tweeters. Mostly listened to on soft dome tweeters only. But with this berrylium I am able to differentiate details in high frequencies too. Deep and extended highs not so sharp but crisp and no fatigue to ears even if you listen to them for hours.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back