Matching speakers for Arcam A39

I was going through the thread and would have asked you to look into Focals. And you have done so. Have good time listening mate.

I was going through the thread and would have asked you to look into Focals. And you have done so. Have good time listening mate.
Thank you so much, terrible. Its a blind buy just by reading various reviews about focal and Arcam combo and ended up buying this pair.

@vinothkumar That is a great speaker you have bought. I have heard them briefly and thought that they were an open sounding, fast speaker with punchy bass. Just make sure that you place them on proper stands & never on a desk.
I was going through this thread, the LS50 would have been my other pick, I am actually surprised that your found that they lack bass.
I have owned the LS50 actives , I found the bass quite good, but as other FMs have pointed out, they need an expensive Stereo Amp & source to sound their best.
Also Focal & Kef have very different bass signatures.

@vinothkumar That is a great speaker you have bought. I have heard them briefly and thought that they were an open sounding, fast speaker with punchy bass. Just make sure that you place them on proper stands & never on a desk.
I was going through this thread, the LS50 would have been my other pick, I am actually surprised that your found that they lack bass.
I have owned the LS50 actives , I found the bass quite good, but as other FMs have pointed out, they need an expensive Stereo Amp & source to sound their best.
Also Focal & Kef have very different bass signatures.

Rajesh, You are right, these babies are absolutely open and punchy sounding speakers. I find the bass is very controlled, deep and very fast. You could hear that when you listen to it in person.

Regarding the LS50 about its bass reproduction, there might be various reasons in the demo room, the room was quite large, only a BD player as a source but on top of all, the frequency response on paper is not something catchy about the bass. But LS50 wins on all other areas apart from bass. These are all just my experience. No offense please.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back