Mauro's "Myreference Rev.C" building queries and guide.

Resistor will color the sound will it not?
It will be same as the attenuator you were going to make. only straight forward reduction of gain. Unless you will be using this amp with different source than attenuator would be the only option.

It will be same as the attenuator you were going to make. only straight forward reduction of gain. Unless you will be using this amp with different source than attenuator would be the only option.

Smart thinking!! :eek:hyeah:

But I want red coloration only to my SQ. Do I need a red colored resistor for that? :D

What if they only come in brown or blue? :sad:

Cheers

Your posts are always colourful gobble.
but seriously......
If you build mauro's amp all you have to do is take simple 25k volume pot put it between your tube preamp and amp. From minimum volume, you can increase the volume while listening you decide which levels are best. remove the pot with exact same position. Measure the resistance between volume pot terminals and put that value resistor where the vol. pot was.

Last edited:
Your posts are always colourful gobble.
but seriously......
If you build mauro's amp all you have to do is take simple 25k volume pot put it between your tube preamp and amp. From minimum volume, you can increase the volume while listening you decide which levels are best. remove the pot with exact same position. Measure the resistance between volume pot terminals and put that value resistor where the vol. pot was.

Thanks will build the GC with pot first(if I don't smoke it i.e) then decide...
Cheers

(if I don't smoke it i.e) then decide...
:lol::lol:

042005.jpg

Use only 25k pot ^ This guy is overdoing it. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Use only 25k pot ^ This guy is overdoing it. :lol:

A most valuable and Huge tip ... Thanks!! :licklips:

And yes you made me realize, if both volume pots combined do not reduce minimum volume levels acceptable for late nights, I can still add resistors like you suggested. Only catch is how to get Vishay/Dale 1% metal foil resistors in small quantity of desired values... :(

Cheers

Idea is to use less components specially in pre amp stage buddy. So Why put additional resistor in the line when you can easily put little higher value.............hmmmm...... :) pot.

Idea is to use less components specially in pre amp stage buddy. So Why put additional resistor in the line when you can easily put little higher value.............hmmmm...... :) pot.

You are right - I think I will have to roll my own pot with the desired values depending on how low (and high) I want (the volume) to go ... :eek:hyeah:

I hope some other innocent is not getting a kick out of this conversation ... :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back