Mega IC Shootout

magma

Cables are infact system specific - therefore all reviews should not be taken at full face value
)Even the cables that soundfoundations sell have their positive feedback and their critiques )

however there are some generally all round cables ( at least i believe so )
they might not be the BEST in your system - but at least they would be good - better than the generic ones or the rebadged ones

that is the reason i started giving cables for trials
No use spending on a cable and then thinking "what if ......"

Dr Lakshay , Jayant - you can always whats app or PM me - i will gladly oblige

kartick

@jls001 The much-awaited Belden 8402 IC terminated with neutrik rean 373 has arrived :cool: The green/yellow ring connectors are the grounded end while the black connectors have the floating shield. Time to begin burning in..

View attachment 54976
I have been using the 8402 for a few months now, terminated with Switchcraft RCAs. I first wired the cables using Yazaki San's method and had good results. I mean, by no means can I say this cable has a neutral tone but sure does have a wonderful technicolour tone, if you know what I mean. With tubes, it has always been a fatigue free experience and I use these between my DAC and pre.

Anyhow, I got around to rewire these and removed the shield from one end so shield is now connected on only the DAC's side and not at the preamp side. Very quick impressions, I am getting a slightly airier presentation with more sense of articulation throughout the spectrum. The layers on tracks are better separated and backing vocals sound more distinct rather than some faint voices in the background. One word about the low frequencies, as a result of what I stated above, I sense a leaner and tighter bass response. Or should I say, the bass bloat has gone down a bit, which I sensed with the Yazaki method. I think the bass notes are decaying faster.

Overall, the changes are fairly easily heard but I may not call this a night and day impact. I could live with either configurations happily. I anyway don't consider this cable to be the last word in resolution but its flavour just seems tasty in my setup so I am using this till I can upgrade or get to try something different/better. I will live with this change for a while and try to go back to connecting the shields at the preamp end and see if what I heard today is corroborated. Many a times our mind plays tricks on us too, so who knows if all that I said above was perhaps a placebo effect. But then is it? o_O

Last edited:

vivek_r

Hi throwing my hat in the ring with another cable I tried. It’s an interconnect called DNM - available on Amazon uk or direct from manufacturer.

I really like the changes in my system with it - lots of texture to the sound. I can’t decide whether it is bass light or bass right, but liked it a lot. Midrange is great. Treble is non fatiguing - sibilants are non irritating. If you are used to treble popping out you may find it laid back, but this is close to my sound. Layering is lovely.

It has been a few months of use.

The raw cable costs GBP 20 per metre. GBP-INR. Another ugh. Up nearly 14% past year. And I like British hifi in general. The duty I paid was 40%!!!

It is unshielded. You need to follow specific instructions that are given in the website. Since I was tired of long lengths of cable gathering dust I actually went down to 0.7 m cables x 3. I used it with Neutrik connectors.

Why did I do it? This is due to the not fatal but wallet damaging hifi virus that I have. I wanted to feed the beast but not spend too much money.

However, in this case I am glad I did. I am thinking of the speaker cable but 10000 Rs going to landed 14000 Is keeping me at bay.

rikhav

DNM known for its single core speaker and IC cables since a long time.
But never found anyone using it.
Glad you could try it.

subhash

I was planning to buy the mogami 2803 IC & contacted magma, he sent me the zeus Z1 too for trail.
Now i liked both the cables, they are very different
2803 is very detailed in all aspects but the vocals to my ears is better on the z1.
Thanks @magma
The difference both these cables have made is huge.
My stereo set up - CDP Marantz 6007cdp & emotiva erc 2
Emotiva - xsp pre
Sonodyne srp 205 studio monitors.

amit11

From where can we purchase Neutrik Rean 373 RCA plug. Not available on amazon.

manek

Mouser.in
Bajaao.com
Rajmusical.in

Actually any proaudio music shop should have them as Rean/neutrik has an office in mumbai.

Manek

MasTerasTrix

Did you source the Rean 373-2 rca plugs ? Have you got a quote incase you have enquired ? If not, then i could give you the contact details of a dealer in Chennai with the best prices as far as I've checked. He deals with Belden, Wyrestorm, Neutrik, Norden, Dlink and a few other brands.

captrajesh

Staff member
Have you got a quote incase you have enquired ? If not, then i could give you the contact details of a dealer in Chennai with the best prices as far as I've checked. He deals with Belden, Wyrestorm, Neutrik, Norden, Dlink and a few other brands.
Why not share the contact details here; like other FMs did!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.