Micromax 49'' dead after 3 year use looking for an Alternate

santhukp

My Micromax 49'' which i bought 3 year back is dead for second time.Already spend 8k 6 months back to replace LEDs.Now i dont want to spend any more on this TV( asking price for repairing is 11 K)
I would like to buy a reliable 50'' Tv which should last at least for another 5 year.

My Micromax 49'' which i bought 3 year back is dead for second time.Already spend 8k 6 months back to replace LEDs.Now i dont want to spend any more on this TV( asking price for repairing is 11 K)
I would like to buy a reliable 50'' Tv which should last at least for another 5 year.

What's the budget?

Sad to hear that.. I guess, you did not get that with 3 yrs standard (manuf) warranty which covers the panel..

My friend has the same Micromax 50 inch TV, abt 3 months short of 3 yrs warranty period and so far no issues..

Brand is not the issue, but the probability of electronic failure is the issue..

Don't think there is any brand which will not give you any trouble for 5 yrs.. Best is to spend less on an other TV brand, who provides the maximum warranty out of the box (or) atleast has an option of buying extended warranty (max of 3 yrs), so you can save yourself from the present situation..

You may also consider getting any TV's with Flipkart extended warranty (Jeeves), who provide quick resolution..

My VU 40" is going to complete 3-years in coming October. Got 2 years of extended warranty for 2.6K from VU. Till date, it is working fine.
Technology is getting outdated at fast pace. Besides, if you buy a premium brand high-end TV, there is no guarantee that it would last 3+ years. It's better that you buy a cheap (not necessarily cheaply built) TV and if possible buy extended warranty. VU, TCL, Mi are some of the brands that are available on-line.

Thank you guys.I have made some mistakes after buying this TV whcih are as follows.

1. There was no extended warranty at that time of purchase.
2. Didnt used any Voltage stabilizers.

Now coming to buy a new TV, I have altready bought a cheap 32" inch VU for 12000,which will be used by my paraents and daughter(Serials and cartoons etc)

Now i am looking for BIG screen TV which will be used only for watching Movies on weekends with Family.now i am scared of buying a big screen and failing again with in 3 years.

Is a projector is a viable option ? ,I am not sure i have enough space to put a projector in my Living room(6-7 feet distance only).

Note: I am not in india now and i have another 1 year time buy.

1. There was no extended warranty at that time of purchase.

Am sure you would have checked for EW at the time of buying, usually we tend to overlook these information in settling for a better deal for the money.. MMX had 3 yrs warranty, and my friend bought it with the same during promotional festive season (from Flipkart)..

2. Didnt used any Voltage stabilizers.

If you live in a metro, there actually isn't a need for voltage stabilisers.. LCD-LED TV's work on wide voltage from 140V - 240V.. Some come with external power adaptor like laptop's..

Now i am looking for BIG screen TV which will be used only for watching Movies on weekends with Family.now i am scared of buying a big screen and failing again with in 3 years.

Is a projector is a viable option ? ,I am not sure i have enough space to put a projector in my Living room(6-7 feet distance only).

Note: I am not in india now and i have another 1 year time buy.

You can easily get a decent projector outside India for the same money that you would spend for a large screen TV here..One satisfying thing abt PJ, is the unmatched large screen experience.. Lamp based PJ, should be easily serviceable.. LED based ones, should last longer without bulb replacement..

You can easily get a decent projector outside India for the same money that you would spend for a large screen TV here..One satisfying thing abt PJ, is the unmatched large screen experience.. Lamp based PJ, should be easily serviceable.. LED based ones, should last longer without bulb replacement..

What about the Screen ? Width of wall area is small ,max size i can project is 100" i guess. Is it good to go for motorized screen which can hide my current TV set if its in use ?

What about the Screen ? Width of wall area is small ,max size i can project is 100" i guess.

If 100 inch diagonal is the maximum size you want, then you can choose a screen that has 100 ~ 110 inch diagonal 16:9 size.. So, you have lil margin of error for projection..

Is it good to go for motorized screen which can hide my current TV set if its in use ?

Motorised screen are good convenience, but might cost significantly compared to manual pull down / insta lock screen..

You can settle for inexpensive option for a screen (Pull down / Insta lock).. Some on amazon.in cost a maximum 10K..

It is unfortunate that you faced this.....be it any brand....built quality is never strong...everything is made in China......not like the old days where our old TVs (CRT) used to easily last for 10 to 20 years........

in my opinion, the TVs we get nowadays will last you for 2-3 years and if you are lucky 5 years.......I purchased a Toshiba Full HD 32 inch LED which is still working fine ...possible at launch it was made in Japan and it works well so far..

Go for a brand which fulfills the screen size, audio, connectivity requirements, budget, warranty, etc....expect a limited life....

Most have faced challenges after barely 18 months of use and then the service center says no parts and offers a buy back at a low rate...recommends an upgrade.....you end of spending and spending....now the point if this is a sales strategy or fact that spares are never available is a mystery still to be solved.....some have been lucky and some have really paid the price!

if you are exploring the Projector Screen route....factor the price and placement setup etc....remember...even a Projector has a life (Hours) and will last according to your use.

If 100 inch diagonal is the maximum size you want, then you can choose a screen that has 100 ~ 110 inch diagonal 16:9 size.. So, you have lil margin of error for projection..

Motorised screen are good convenience, but might cost significantly compared to manual pull down / insta lock screen..

You can settle for inexpensive option for a screen (Pull down / Insta lock).. Some on amazon.in cost a maximum 10K..

Can you please recommend any brands for screens ?Projector i will source from EU.

Can you please recommend any brands for screens ?

Here is a an example from amazon.in, costs 9.5K - https://www.amazon.in/Elite-Screens...=1531987662&sr=1-44&keywords=projector+screen

There are screens without insta lock feature which you can get it for 5K.. All you need to do is nail the screen holder to it on the wall..

There seem to be some models with motorised control in 10K budget - https://www.amazon.in/ELCOR-Motoris...sr=1-38-spons&keywords=projector+screen&psc=1

Projector i will source from EU.

That would be better choice, as you can cut duties when it is part of your baggage..

Choose the size of the screen based on projector, and the approx distance between projector & screen..

Here is a an example from amazon.in, costs 9.5K - https://www.amazon.in/Elite-Screens...=1531987662&sr=1-44&keywords=projector+screen

There are screens without insta lock feature which you can get it for 5K.. All you need to do is nail the screen holder to it on the wall..

There seem to be some models with motorised control in 10K budget - https://www.amazon.in/ELCOR-Motoris...sr=1-38-spons&keywords=projector+screen&psc=1

That would be better choice, as you can cut duties when it is part of your baggage..

Choose the size of the screen based on projector, and the approx distance between projector & screen..

I have checked the width of screen area in living room and its comes around 89" inch only. Should i go with PJ or 65" inch Tv will be sufficient ?

I have checked the width of screen area in living room and its comes around 89" inch only. Should i go with PJ or 65" inch Tv will be sufficient ?

If the width of the screen is 89 inches, then your diagonal will be approx 110 inches..

You already had a 50inch TV, 65 inch is not a big jump from 50.. 100 inches diagonal would be a big jump IMO :)..

Give yourself a chance to experience big screen ..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back