Miniwatt tube amp

Who is the carrier?

Usually carrier will remit duty and after that we have to pay the bill to the carrier and the goods will be delivered at our address

OR

if the goods are retained at customs, please take the help of a good clearing agent, pay the duty and clear the shipment.

Thanks,
studiomaster

Frankly, after interacting with Viren and listening to Lyrita amps, I have lost interest in the thread (I am the OP). There are no headaches involved if you buy from him.

The 22.5k INR amps sound extremely good, are decently priced, and handmade with good power supply and components (my belief, no objective evaluation done). Over and above this, Viren is a gentleman. He is no regular hi fi dealer. Once you meet him, you will realize that Lyrita is more about passion than "dhandha". So you don't really need to get into verifying parts etc, just buy with your eyes closed.
And then, if you talk to Viren, he may be able to make your piece a little special by adding different configs. He may also provide exchange option if you want to upgrade in future. I hope I am not over-committing on his behalf. But you can talk to him to figure out the details.

regards

so it looks like i am the last man standing who still wants to buy? I am mentally committed to picking this up, provided that suprateeps (and venkat's?) reviews don't suggest something drastic. I have time till the 2nd week of august when my friend goes to Hong Kong. I am hoping that before this happens, a review will take place.

Last man standing, I would like to pull you down too :eek:hyeah:
You can work out a return deal with Viren I hope. Call him now 011-41401143 to explore. Think of the exchange advantage - you don't have to trash the current amp to move up. You can trade it to get your next upgrade when you are ready with more money and more hunger for next level.
Many people on this forum have listened to the amps (including me) - Steive, Kamal, Rajiv. Steive and Rajiv have also purchased from him so they have already done the legwork and made a purchase decision.

Frankly, after interacting with Viren and listening to Lyrita amps, I have lost interest in the thread (I am the OP). There are no headaches involved if you buy from him.

The 22.5k INR amps sound extremely good, are decently priced, and handmade with good power supply and components (my belief, no objective evaluation done). Over and above this, Viren is a gentleman. He is no regular hi fi dealer. Once you meet him, you will realize that Lyrita is more about passion than "dhandha". So you don't really need to get into verifying parts etc, just buy with your eyes closed.
And then, if you talk to Viren, he may be able to make your piece a little special by adding different configs. He may also provide exchange option if you want to upgrade in future. I hope I am not over-committing on his behalf. But you can talk to him to figure out the details.

regards

cool! i am about to get in touch with him to see if he can redo the 2A3 amp to suit a 45 tube specifically cos the amp as it is will not be able to run emission lab 45 tubes later on when i want to try them out. you are definitely not over committing. his amps are the real deal. no marketing gimmicks.

hint hint psychotropic ;) :)

i had mailed Viren and he had replied to me. Simply put his stuff is out of my budget.....Derek has offerred a 10% discount on the amp because I am a hifivisoin member, which makes the cost of it 206 dollars, which is just a bit above 10,000 rupees. It's only in my budget, because it's such a low-cost item, and if it's genuinely a quality item and at less than half the cost of viren's cheapest, it's at least worth a try, wouldn't you say?

Last man standing, I would like to pull you down too :eek:hyeah:
You can work out a return deal with Viren I hope. Call him now 011-41401143 to explore. Think of the exchange advantage - you don't have to trash the current amp to move up. You can trade it to get your next upgrade when you are ready with more money and more hunger for next level.
Many people on this forum have listened to the amps (including me) - Steive, Kamal, Rajiv. Steive and Rajiv have also purchased from him so they have already done the legwork and made a purchase decision.

so they have already done the legwork and made a purchase decision.

absolutely no legwork involved anm! i just sat at home and waited for the amp to reach my doorstep. all his products he lets you listen and return if you dont like. only work involved was punching out his number on my phone :D

i had mailed Viren and he had replied to me. Simply put his stuff is out of my budget.....Derek has offerred a 10% discount on the amp because I am a hifivisoin member, which makes the cost of it 206 dollars, which is just a bit above 10,000 rupees. It's only in my budget, because it's such a low-cost item, and if it's genuinely a quality item and at less than half the cost of viren's cheapest, it's at least worth a try, wouldn't you say?

+1 to that man. For a smallish setup (even for my 18x13 room) i think i cannot go for an overkill spending 22k and above - i would like to stay for minimum requirements and price point.

true. the flip side is when you want to upgrade finding a buyer for your second hand amp is going to be a pain. your original 'affordable' buy might become a dead end investment. especially cos its tube. solid state moves faster. am urging you to think not from the cost factor but from the tube type factor. if you havent listened to many tube amps you might come across another tube type soon after and suffer from post purchase remorse. just pointing out stuff i thought through before making my purchase. in the end though, just go with your gut. then enjoy researching tube types for whichever amp you buy! welcome to the tube gang!!! :)

and later on when you want to pick up tubes lemme know i'll point you to a dependable seller on ebay from who i bought stuff.

true. the flip side is when you want to upgrade finding a buyer for your second hand amp is going to be a pain. your original 'affordable' buy might become a dead end investment. especially cos its tube. solid state moves faster. am urging you to think not from the cost factor but from the tube type factor. if you havent listened to many tube amps you might come across another tube type soon after and suffer from post purchase remorse. just pointing out stuff i thought through before making my purchase. in the end though, just go with your gut. then enjoy researching tube types for whichever amp you buy! welcome to the tube gang!!! :)

true but if i am spending 10k on something I would like it to run for quite some time dost. Its not like a cellphone with short shelf life that suddenly tomorrow you change it for addition of new features. There will be a few people who will like to stick to the budget and use if - in case we can use the amp as a secondary amp in another room and buy something later on. 10k worth today wont be 7k like 1 year down the lane would it????:rolleyes:

And yes researching tubes is fun - so much reading about characteristics - i might actually go the tube way - the cadence guys said that you will be hooked.

the miniwatt has been shipped but lying with our customs for the last 4 days.........no further news of it as of now. :eek:

customs will either send you a letter asking you to clarify use of the item, based on which they will calculate customs or they will simply cost out the customs duty based on their existing reference list and mail the shipment to you with the customs cost which you'll have to pay on delivery. expect to pay around 25% customs duty. will take a week to two weeks from the time it reaches customs.

regards

Who is the carrier?

Usually carrier will remit duty and after that we have to pay the bill to the carrier and the goods will be delivered at our address

OR

if the goods are retained at customs, please take the help of a good clearing agent, pay the duty and clear the shipment.

Thanks,
studiomaster

AFAIK carrier is supposed to remit duty and goods are supposed to be delivered to my mailing address - usually carriers give a call before finalizing this. I am yet to hear from anyone. Shipping has been done by hkpost EMS

mine is even smaller....10' X 10' ......and for me it's not even an option.....i don't have that 22k to spend :)

+1 to that man. For a smallish setup (even for my 18x13 room) i think i cannot go for an overkill spending 22k and above - i would like to stay for minimum requirements and price point.

hey stevie, i totally agree with your points, but in my case it's just that i don't have the cash :) I am spending 15k on a used NAD C542, i am going to spend maybe 12k on this tube amp, and perhaps another 10k or less on either the 902is or the S30s. that MAXES out my budget :)

I am hoping that I will not be bitten by the upgrade bug for at least a year, and if I can get one year of good service from this amp, I don't mind the depreciation.

of course as a side note, my friend who is going to Hong Kong is looking at the picture of the miniwatt and wondering if the airport security will think it's a bomb....any ideas on how to convince him that that is not likely to happen?

true but if i am spending 10k on something I would like it to run for quite some time dost. Its not like a cellphone with short shelf life that suddenly tomorrow you change it for addition of new features. There will be a few people who will like to stick to the budget and use if - in case we can use the amp as a secondary amp in another room and buy something later on. 10k worth today wont be 7k like 1 year down the lane would it????:rolleyes:

And yes researching tubes is fun - so much reading about characteristics - i might actually go the tube way - the cadence guys said that you will be hooked.

you absolutely will be hooked buddy! depend on it ;) your options for experimenting with that particular amp though are a little limited. hence my many supplications to psychotropic. not many nos tubes of that type available from what i've read or searched for on ebay, though its possible i might have missed out on other nos replacement tubes available.

i did ask psychotropic to find out what tubes are available as replacements, so he knows how far he can go, dont know if he's searched. psychotropic anything?

hey stevie, i totally agree with your points, but in my case it's just that i don't have the cash :) I am spending 15k on a used NAD C542, i am going to spend maybe 12k on this tube amp, and perhaps another 10k or less on either the 902is or the S30s. that MAXES out my budget :)

I am hoping that I will not be bitten by the upgrade bug for at least a year, and if I can get one year of good service from this amp, I don't mind the depreciation.

of course as a side note, my friend who is going to Hong Kong is looking at the picture of the miniwatt and wondering if the airport security will think it's a bomb....any ideas on how to convince him that that is not likely to happen?

ah sigh... then just go for it. it will certainly serve you longer than a year. i think i saw some tungsol nos tubes on ebay if you want to experiment. generally changes the sound quite dramatically from stock chinese/russian valves. but that's not necessary so its just for your information :) as for you pal i once had to explain what LPs were to a female guard at the airport. luckily i looked all cherubic and innocent so she let me through quite bemused that this nut was lugging around a suitcase of black round discs :D your pal might have to pay some customs to get it into the country?

Last edited:
AFAIK carrier is supposed to remit duty and goods are supposed to be delivered to my mailing address - usually carriers give a call before finalizing this. I am yet to hear from anyone. Shipping has been done by hkpost EMS

a carrier like UPS or fedex is different from post office. carriers pay the customs duty and collect it from you on delivery. post office will happen two different possible scenarios as i've posted (no pun intended) before since its hkpost EMS.

regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back