Mordaunt Short speakers no longer available? Alternatives?

nSinghal

So, finally zeroed in on the aviano series for my intented 5.1 setup as a lot of forum members had very satisfying experience with these. Went to FX entertainment in MGF GurGaon mall only to find out they are no longer there (fix your website, grrrr). Tried jamo speakers at cinebels but nothing in my budget sounded great to me. Bose satellite and sub package for 1,27000 sounded better but certainly not worth the price. Decided to go to FX showroom in CR park and they tell me they have no stock for aviano or mezzo speakers (BS/FS/Center anything et al) and won't be getting any new stock before July. JULY??? Seriously? Don't know what's the deal with Fx and MS but that just seems ridiculous. Why would it take 5+ months (and that too minimum) just to get new stock?? Don't want to wait that long just to find out its gonna take another half a year or even more :mad:

They did have one pair each of Aviano 6 & aviano 8 for demo though (still no Center or surrounds). Tried aviano 6. F*** me! I loved the Speakers. And the only piece available was one rosewood coloured aviano 6 and had serious cosmetic damage. One pair of aviano 8 was available too but that was even worse condition with walnut finish. Still, sound quality is more important than looks and I could wait a bit for the Center and surrounds so inquired about the prices hoping I'd atleast get some discounts here. No extra discounts than what you'd have gotten otherwise. Aviano 6 for 38k and aviano 8 for 45k (same prices which another forum member confirmed from the same dealer couple of months ago). Dunno if the sales guy thought I was an idiot or what but there is no way I'm going to pay the regular price for demo models with serious cosmetic damage. One of the aviano 8's tweeter looked considerably different than the other one (might be a repaired piece even) and to top it off, there was no speaker grill available for one of the aviano 8 speaker. Not for me! Not unless I get atleast 35-40% discount on the mrp (compared to the 10-15% I was offered).

Maybe they'll find someone to pay this price for these two items but it certainly ain't gonna be me. What other alternatives I have for aviano 2 BS or aviano 6 FS? Tried wharfedale and kef but didn't like them anywhere as much as I did the avianos. :sad:

Last edited:
Thanks. Not comfortable with online purchase though. Not even sure if that site has good feedback or not. And worst part, they quoted the mrp. No discount. :/

I heard they give discount. you have to create an account, you have ask for discount through online chat. they give discount coupan code that you have to use while ordering.

Thanks. Not comfortable with online purchase though. Not even sure if that site has good feedback or not. And worst part, they quoted the mrp. No discount. :/

technoguru is a reputed online seller and their service is very good. I bought a Denon 1612 AVR, speaker cables and hdmi cables from them. For discounts send them an email.

You can contact their online support for best price. They also give around 10% mostly.

I am nowhere related to technoguru!

Thanks,
Praveen.
sent from SGS2 skyrocket.

Contact Audio Planet Bangalore, you can check whether they are willing to ship.

Audio Planet have the speakers,2 months back I bought from there.but cost is 42k. he is littile bit costly. when I was inquire in HYD,those cost is 38k.

Hi

I was in FX last month and I too got an evasive response on MS speakers, and their products. From what I could make out maybe there are some issues between the two. Maybe at this junture it would be a good idea to source MS from people other than those at FX.:)

Contacted techno guru for discounts. Best price they could give was 41k for aviano6 and 51500 for aviano 8. The higher price (compared to what another FM has paid for the speakers less than two months ago) coupled with online purchase instead of local (better after sales) isn't making the decision easy for me.

Guess I'll have to get realistic and find something else instead. Gonna try and get the demo of MA speakers in a couple of days. Fingers crossed....

Try the wharfadales. Speak with Denny at Bass & Treble. He could offer you some interesting deals if there are any. Or check out the Dali s at Top Gizmos in Noida. These are some of the interesting alternatives to Mordaunt Short. Cheers :)

Thanks a lot guys. I've been kind of sick of auditioning (worse, researching on forums and stuff for long hours at nights) all these speakers and now just want to be done with it. Was pissed at the fact that the only thing I loved and was ready to buy was the one which isn't available. Just the thought of going back to square one has me pulling my hairs literally :eek:

Anyways, good news (for me atleast, dunno about future buyers of MS speakers) the dealer contacted his other regional offices and seems like there are a couple of fresh aviano 6 and 8 lying around somewhere and they can get those for me (with about 15% off on mrp). Now only problem is a minor one. Only the FS are available in black. Rest are available in walnut. But that's no big deal. I can either live with that or get the Center and surrounds from techno guru. Center will probably be hidden inside the TV cabinet so color won't really matter. :)

One question though, how do I figure out if the speakers are demo ones or fresh pieces just in case I get taken for a ride. I can inspect the packaging, outer finish and everything. Are there more (hopefully better) ways to tell if the FS are used?

Also need to figure out the avr now too. But for that I'll be posting a new thread in a couple of minutes. Will edit in a link here too :)

Edit. Here we go.. http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...suggestions-aviano-8-pre-outs.html#post472898

Last edited:
Not sure what's up with FX entertainment. Here's another FM reporting about new stock of CA bookshelf arriving in July...

I too have Denon 1713 andi am also in a search of bookshelf and center speaker to complete my setup, however as per FX entertainment CA S30 is not available in Delhi till July new stock arrive.
Are they really not going to get any new stock until July? Seems more like they're going out of business or something.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back