Motorized projector screen help

argentum246

Hello Folks,
Need your recommendation for a motorized 100 - 110 " screen for benq ht3050 projector. I checked amazon.in for Luzon Dzire, elcor but looks like they do not deliver it to bangalore as per amazon. Hence need ur assistance in finding the correct one. My budget is 8-8.5k and i shall use it inside my hall. Also need a wall mount one with remote.

Thanks in advance.
anand

Last edited:
Hello Folks,
Need your recommendation for a motorized 100 - 110 " screen for benq ht3050 projector. I checked amazon.in for Luzon Dzire, elcor but looks like they do not deliver it to bangalore as per amazon. Hence need ur assistance in finding the correct one. My budget is 8-8.5k and i shall use it inside my hall. Also need a wall mount one with remote.

Thanks in advance.
anand

You haven't mentioned the room dimensions, specifically width of the room..For a 100 - 110 " screen, you should look at 9 x 5 feet screen..

Motorized, remote for such a screen size may not be possible at 8.5K.. At best manual pull down with auto/insta lock.. nothing more than that.. Most of them are wall mountable..

Thanks Elangoas for the reply. My room is 20 ft by 16ft. I saw many motorized ones on amazon. What are your views on them?

Spoke to Luzon / rajat. He gave following :
https://www.ebay.in/itm/Luzon-Dzire...721472?hash=item4b2b2a05c0:g:gS4AAOSwj99aLmrW

so just to confirm .. if i am looking for 110" then this size should provide me 16:9 ratio with 8x6 ft dimensions....right?

I did the same mistake when i bought the screen for the 1st time.. 8 x 6 feet is a 4:3 aspect ratio.. You will get a 120 inch 4:3 screen, you will also get approx 110 inch 16:9 screen.. When you watch a 21:9 movie, there would too much screen wastage in the form of black bars on 4:3 screen..

Instead, you can get a 16:9/10 size screen - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Luzon-Dzire-...455122?hash=item2cc22f84d2:g:y9oAAOSwmCVY-wvm Black bars will be there, but very minimal compared to 4:3 screen..

If you can compromise on motorised screen, for the same money you can end up getting a 140 inch pull down screen.. 30 inches diagonally more real estate..

Thanks for the inputs pal. The reason why I m going for motorised screen is that I would have a tv behind it for daily use. N I do not have very big wall to take on 140”

Do u know if this motorised screen can be controlled by 12v triggers of the projector ? So that when I power on projector this also comes down.

I just ordered the 8x6 screen as Luzon do not have 8x5. Probable i shall pull it down till 5 ft. They shall ship it today. They do not have a 12v trigger so need to google it to find the solution. Will post pics once it arrives and install it.

Got the giant .. i mean really giant parcel from Luzon with 8ft screen. After lots of hardwork to install this 17k approx unit via L support brackets, i am pretty happy. I hope it stays securely. The screen is good and motor is dead silent. I am yet to test it with projector as it is pretty bright now at home. Overall for the price i would definitely recommend this unit. Also interaction with Luzon - rajat was very good. The unit arrived on time as well.
Later in night I shall post pics.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back