Movies you start up casually but end up LOVING it .

Anyone here seen Before Sunrise and the sequel Before Sunset? I started off watching casually but was completely mesmerized by how brilliant the first movie was.

I had a sense of expectation for the second one and it exceeded those expectations at all levels. Two of my favorite romantic movies of all time. Brilliant stuff and highly recommended. Julie Delpy is oh so pretty :).

how can i forget "the cindrella man"(russel crowe).it took me 3 times to watch the complete movie.it's too boring intially but mindblowing at the end.
now it's 1 of my favorite movies.now i can see it completely in 1 go.:)
it's real life story of a boxer but it can't b called as an action movie and comes from the makers of "the beautiful mind".:cool:

there is one more,

don't curse me.

I started this

The flashbacks of a fool.

My wife walked out in 20 mins. And I had to stay on as I had bought this dvd for my dvd club.

And I think it was wonderful in some ways atleast. And It gave me one of the wonderful number. The theme song was so mesmerising to me that I had to run around to look for it and buy it.

( off the topic, I walked around in MG road, brigade and garuda mall to look for this album and I could not find. Another thing, infact they are closing down the cd shops now a days. I remember long back having been to a big and wonderful music world in brigade road. Now it is closed. and I was the only guy everywhere buying audio cds. anyway finally I got this album of roxy music (their debut album released in 1972 ) in church street at habitat. small place with a class. he is got some stuff. ) Even the song starts off boring to end up as a class one.

Movie is still lingering on.

Last edited:
I wont add best movies, but only movies i was forced to watch or watched bcos was too bored and ended up loving it:

1. Fallen
2. Pan's Labryinth (Spanish)
3. REC (Spanish not the english release)
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. Vantage Point
6. Zodiac
7. Outsourced
8. Flyboys
9. Diner de cons (French)
10. Duel
11. Joy Ride
12. American Psycho
13. Short Circuit
14. Seven Samurais (Japanese)
15. Crash

I will start with one which I watched recently in this category:
FARGO

Also ordered Wall-E from library for my daughter. After 15 mins, (similar to GodFather's experience) my daughter stopped watching it as she (and me too) did not find any action or any other characters. But I continued to watch as I did not want to return it just like as I was paying for it. But realized in the end of what an amazing robots based romantic movie it turned out to be.

Last edited:
Only 2 movies that I can remember of as of now...

Heat - A long time ago when we were kids. Most of my friends wanted to leave the theater since everybody was only talking and there was no action. But at the end of the movie all were just blown away.

Transsiberian - Starts very slow and takes time to build up on the story and the tension, but at the end of it a very satisfying experience.

anY ONE seen AWAKe , very slow in starting , as soon you start noticing some twist ... u really tempt to watch it more and great one .

the first two movies that come to my mind are

Duel - by Steven Speilberg, a fantastic movie with very simple story line and absolutely no special effects

Children of Heaven (Iranian movie) - Its one of the best movies I have seen in my lifetime. a truly refreshing one. A slow mover but I highly recommend this movie. this review tells about the movie much better. Children Of Heaven :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

movies that made me laugh just by reading subtitles.....

Al Sifara Fil Omara (Arabic-Egyptian..translates to Embassy in the Building)... a politically aloof guy living in the same building as the Israely embassy, to impress his new found girlfriend (a fervent anti-isreali) starts to protest against the embassy.

Taxi 4 - French comedy, my favorite pick among the Taxi (french) series.

My friend told me usual suspect is a must watch...is it possible to get the DVD in Hyderabad? I tried in chennai but couldn't get it.

I'm sure the local DVD rental would stock it. Also, its aired frequently on AXN from time to time. Your friend is right, a must watch and a great movie.

Hi Guys,

Transformers.

Not because the movie was boring at the start, but i am always a little bored with the alien mumbo jumbo movies. But my son wanted to watch it so i tagged along.The movie really got me hooked because of the wonderful humour it has throughout.At the end i rellay loved it.

Hi moser! u got up at 4 in the morning on a sunday??? wow u r the man!!:)

Hi Guys,

Transformers.

Not because the movie was boring at the start, but i am always a little bored with the alien mumbo jumbo movies. But my son wanted to watch it so i tagged along.The movie really got me hooked because of the wonderful humour it has throughout.At the end i rellay loved it.

Hi moser! u got up at 4 in the morning on a sunday??? wow u r the man!!:)

I love the Transformers a lot. Especially for the SFX in the action sequences. Have seen it numerous times.

Coming to 4 a.m. had to get up today being Easter and had to go to Sunrise Easter Service at Church.

Duel - by Steven Speilberg, a fantastic movie with very simple story line and absolutely no special effects

A really good movie. I saw it a long time ago and that too at the urging of my dad and really loved it. No stars, no FX, very thin storyline but told marvelously.

few i really enjoyed
  1. The Air I Breath
  2. Jump!
  3. Leatherheads
  4. Flash of Genius
  5. Music within
  6. The Promotion
  7. Butterfly effect
  8. Pursuit of Happyness
  9. Reign over me
  10. August rush
and lot more there :)

cheers,
kannan

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back