Movies you start up casually but end up LOVING it .

1. The Love Guru.
2.Don't mess with the Zoran.
3.Dev D.
All htree movies turned out much better than I'd expected.
The first two are not just laughs, they're shrieks!
And in Dev D, devdas is portrayed as an asshole & a loser as I've always thought the character was, than the romanticised hero pining away & giving up his life for his love.

I almost forgot.....The Odessa File should perfectly fit this comment, again I highly recommend this movie.

One other Indian movie is Unmai - a tamil re-make of malayalam movie The Truth. I enjoyed the movie from first to last. Main reason for me to like these movies are, story is the hero in all these movies.

I saw these movies without knowing anything about them, and loved every second of them.

Jackie Brown
The Boondock Saints
A Clockwork Orange
A Wednesday
Assault on Precinct 13th
Blow
City of Ember
P2
Force 10 from Navarone
From Hell
Hotel Rwanda
No Man's Land
Rounders
S1m0ne
Snatch
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
The Bank Job
The Perfect Storm
The Truman Show
Training Day

Groundhog Day
My cousin Vinny (This movie is till date the best comedy that I've seen - Joe Pesci was absolutely hilarious in this one)

Anyone here seen Before Sunrise and the sequel Before Sunset? I started off watching casually but was completely mesmerized by how brilliant the first movie was.

I had a sense of expectation for the second one and it exceeded those expectations at all levels. Two of my favorite romantic movies of all time. Brilliant stuff and highly recommended. Julie Delpy is oh so pretty :).

yes i too saw the before sunrise few days back. very simple and romantic without any complications.
cheers

when harry met sally - saw it in college on the recommendation of a friend. had never heard of billy crystal / meg ryan, much less rob reiner. have made it a point to watch it at least once every year since then.
before sunrise - another film i knew nothing about and cant get it out of my mind now.
shawshank redemption - the brilliance of the film is not immediately evident, but anyone who has watched this one is not likely to forget the experience.
a few good men - another rob reiner masterpiece. jack nicholson is just 'wow'.
my cousin vinny - i just have to think of any scene from the movie and i cant stop laughing.
the gods must be crazy - imagine watching this movie while knowing nothing about it beforehand.

Total_recall_0.jpg

totalrecall09.jpg

Most movie buffs may say that Paul Verhoeven has made better films than this one, but I loved the way Arnold as Doug Quaid tries to make sense of his life. I remember watching this one on Star Movies, and gradually became a fan of Science Fiction flicks.

Few movies I watched without knowing anything about the review and ended up loving it are,
1. Socha Na tha - Never heard of it before a friend told that movie is watchable. Well for me it become just not watchable but was a must watch.
2. Cloverfield - Was got dissuaded by some of the negative review but nevertheless thought of give it a chance. Oh boy, I loved that movie.
3. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa - SRK's best probably, again haven't thought of watching it before and when I watched long time after it's release date I just fall in love with the movie.
4. Saving Private Ryan - Felt disgusted after watching that initial 30 minutes of war scene when I watched it for first time when it was released. Stopped the movie there itself. Gave the movie another chance after I came to Bangalore, now with a better system and oh boy, it directly zoomed to the top of my list.
5. LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring- believe it or not, never heard about LOTR before and I was just a big fan of Harry Potter when comes to magic. Then read somewhere that LOTR, the movie is hundred times better than HP. So went to the movie hall and I would say that the reviewer was very wrong. It's no way hundred times better, it's actually thousand times better. My favorite movie till date I think.

Regards,

Last edited:
Motorcyle Diaries, Munnabhai MBBS, Forrest Gump, Nadodigal, The Terminal, Bourne Identity, Children of Heaven ohhh.... list is very big...

All started without any expectation, but ended loving it the most.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back