Moving ahead with my HT room

GeorgeO

Thanks to Santhosh, I was able to get a decent( aluminium) bracket to mount my LCD projector on my basement ceiling. It cost me 1350 from an outlet on SP Road, a couple of floors above the MX outlet, at the entrance of SP Road.

I plan to use anchor bolts( 4 were also supplied free with the bracket), and locate it centrally in relation to my screen. One that is done, then I will start the rest of the work. I have installed my gigabit switch, and my NAS and plan to install my PH( which also has a 1.5TB drive inside it) also on my network, like my SBs for audio.

I find that even with 8 TB of storage I may need to keep gradually adding HDDs As an aside it is interesting to note that HDD prices are now dropping at about $7 a month in the US for 2TB and 3TB capacities. I dont know how long this will continue. Ewiz has 2TB at around $86 shipped, and Amazon has WD 2TB internal drives at $100 shipped.

Once the projector is mounted, I will look at the other things-wiring up speakers, carpeting, wall treatment using acoustic tiles. I need to also complete my amp, install the Shiva driver in an enclosure and get a suitable plate amp-I'm eyeing a 1000 watts plate amp similar to the Dayton one at Parts Express.

George, please look up ProjectorCentral.com for exact measurements to be used for mounting the projector mount. They have individual calculations for each projector.

Cheers

Venkat

I checked it out. The screen is 78 inches wide, which translates into a little more diagonally. The chart indicates a throw distance of 3.23 mts, whereas I am comfortable with a little more-because of a small ledge in my ceiling.

What is the implication of mounting it slightly furthur away-instead of 3.23, if I mount it at 3.75? My projector can zoom so some adjustment is possible.

TIA

Yes, George. You can adjust any of the factors (throw distance, brightness, aspect ratio, screen size....) and see the result. I have found the site invaluable in getting the measurements right.

Cheers

Once the projector is mounted, I will look at the other things-wiring up speakers, carpeting, wall treatment using acoustic tiles. I need to also complete my amp, install the Shiva driver in an enclosure and get a suitable plate amp-I'm eyeing a 1000 watts plate amp similar to the Dayton one at Parts Express.

Hi GeorgeO -

santhol2 has located a > 1000 watt (sub) amp - for a good price

regds

Suri

Santhosh and I spoke about this last week.

I already ordered mine last week, it's identical to the Dayton 1000 watts unit sold by Parts Express, with parametric equalizer etc. Only problem is that it will wait in NY for someone to bring it , since my sons are coming to Bangalore this week and it wont reach them in time!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back