MP3 @320kbps Conversion to Audio CD is not working

mvasu22

Folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum but let me put my problem here.

I have around 14 MP3 files which have a bit rate of 320kbps. When I tried to burn it into an Audio CD via Nero 7 burner, the burn was successfull but only 3 out of the 14 songs are playing, the rest of the songs dont play.

By dont play I mean only the CD players counter is running but no audio output.

Can some one let me know what mistake am I doing or is it not possible to convert MP3 @320kbps into a sterio channel audio cd.

Thanks
-Vasu

Folks,

Not sure if this is the right forum but let me put my problem here.

I have around 14 MP3 files which have a bit rate of 320kbps. When I tried to burn it into an Audio CD via Nero 7 burner, the burn was successfull but only 3 out of the 14 songs are playing, the rest of the songs dont play.

By dont play I mean only the CD players counter is running but no audio output.

Can some one let me know what mistake am I doing or is it not possible to convert MP3 @320kbps into a sterio channel audio cd.

Thanks
-Vasu

Nero, if its full version, has a wav editor with which you can convert your MP3s into wav and then burn them onto CDs - but please don't expect full ACD quality from your CD. Even otherwise, Nero should be able to convert MP3s on the fly and write them as ACDs. Always write at around 8x speed for better compatibility.

Regds / Shailender

Last edited:
Try to play the CD in your computer. If it plays, then there is no problem other than to probably write at lower speed ( Max 8X for audio CDs).
If it does not play, check if the input mp3 file was OK. Try to burn the files again, and this time, dont actually burn but make an ISO and then see the results

Try to play the CD in your computer. If it plays, then there is no problem other than to probably write at lower speed ( Max 8X for audio CDs).
If it does not play, check if the input mp3 file was OK. Try to burn the files again, and this time, dont actually burn but make an ISO and then see the results

I check the MP3 files and they show to be having a VBR bit rate of 266Kbps. I tried to burn an ISO and then too it failed.

Finally I had to convert all of the files to WAV and it worked fine. Also used a tool to reduce the bit rate to 128kbps and it worked fine.

So thanks folks for the help - the 8X speed really works.

he Labtecs are better than average computer speakers, but they still sound boomy and have weak high end - rather mediocre by home audio standards. Moreover, the cheap onboard amp introduces significant distortion, too.

For Audio CD burning first convert the mp3 to wav file using an audio editing and convertor software and then use nero to burn audio cds because I have doubt about the Nero being used as a convertor for mp3 to wav.........

get off Nero. use a different one such as media player or media monkey (this burns flac directly to audio CD or to mp3 players after conversion).

If you really want to burn .nrg files, purchase a copy of Alcohol 120. Burns pretty much any format to Audio CD or DVDs

get off Nero. use a different one such as media player or media monkey (this burns flac directly to audio CD or to mp3 players after conversion).

If you really want to burn .nrg files, purchase a copy of Alcohol 120. Burns pretty much any format to Audio CD or DVDs

Does it burn .dts format to Audio CD as well ?

Do you need to extract DVd audio and burn to cd ?

I downloaded few .dts audio (DVD Audio DTS version ) heavy metal songs... I am trying to see what is the best way to convert and store them in a USB / CD .. to play in my car.

Any suggestions ?

I downloaded few .dts audio (DVD Audio DTS version ) heavy metal songs... I am trying to see what is the best way to convert and store them in a USB / CD .. to play in my car.

Any suggestions ?

I don't know if this is usefull to you but there are a couple of softwares which you can try.

1. A excellent player program called Foobar2000, Foobar2000 should also be able to convert the DTS audio to Ogg.
2. DVD Audio Extractor should work, get it from google

Thanks
-Vasu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back