Mr

Vinod

Hi, I am looking to purchase a home theatre system. The config i'm look at is as folls:
Jamo S 606 towers with S60 cen & S 60 SUR;Denon 1707/1907 amp; Am planning to wire them together with Accoustic Research HT 362 flat wires. No sub for the moment.

Any suggestions ? Can a Yamaha 6030 amp drive the S606 speakers ? Any alternates for speakers ( ~35K)

Home Theatre

Hi, I am looking to purchase a home theatre system. The config i'm look at is as folls:
Jamo S 606 towers with S60 cen & S 60 SUR;Denon 1707/1907 amp; Am planning to wire them together with Accoustic Research HT 362 flat wires. No sub for the moment.

Any suggestions ? Can a Yamaha 6030 amp drive the S606 speakers ? Any alternates for speakers ( ~35K)

I have made a home thetre in my house, did you see the pictures in blogs, it tokk me more then a year to make it.

Vinod, to my ears MS 906i and Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 sound better then the S606.
On a side note, S606 are being offered at a price way cheaper then 35K in Bangalore.

~dich

Thks pal. 35K is for the 2 floor spkrs, 2 surround & one centre. Is is avl for less than that in B'lore - pls let me know contact. Also, i will be chkg on the Wharfdale Diamond.

Thks pal. 35K is for the 2 floor spkrs, 2 surround & one centre. Is is avl for less than that in B'lore - pls let me know contact. Also, i will be chkg on the Wharfdale Diamond.

oh ok. I thought 35K for the floor standers only.
Still check out the Jamo Shop in Garuda mall. They have a HT speaker package special which includes the S606 floorstanders. I don't remember the other speakers as I was looking only for the loorstanders. The whole package may be in the 35K ballpark.

~dich

oh ok. I thought 35K for the floor standers only.
Still check out the Jamo Shop in Garuda mall. They have a HT speaker package special which includes the S606 floorstanders. I don't remember the other speakers as I was looking only for the loorstanders. The whole package may be in the 35K ballpark.

~dich

This message is not for me, please correct yourself to where you are sending.

Hi Vinod,

You have an excellent receiver. I don't think you will be doing it justice by pairing it with the sort of speaker package you will get at 35k. You could do much better by getting just the front speakers for now and adding the center channel, sub and surround speakers (in that order) later. Monitor Audio Bronze BR5, Mordaunt-Short 916i, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5/9.6, PSB Image T45, KEF iQ5, Polk Monitor 70 would be some of the speakers you should consider. If you don't mind bookshelf speakers, then Quad 12L, B&W 603 S3, Monitor Audio RS1 would be great. Of course I am sure the knowledgeable members of this forum will be able to recommend other choices as well.

Last edited:
And why did you think it was for you?

Dear Friend,

Actually i got a e-mail that there is a message for me, when i saw the message , i realized it is not for me, maybe you know i must have subscribed etc for these messages, please guide me with this how to get out of these messages as you must be knowing this site very well, sorry to bother you, but please see if you can help me. Vinay.

Actually i got a e-mail that there is a message for me, when i saw the message , i realized it is not for me, maybe you know i must have subscribed etc for these messages, please guide me with this how to get out of these messages

Vinay: when you add a reply to a thread you are automatically subscribed and the system informs you of new messages (not necessarily addressed to you) by email. To switch off this feature, locate the "Thread Tools" button (it is on the right, just above the very first message, and alongside "Search this Thread" & "Rate Thread" buttons) - in the menu select "Unsubscribe from this Thread" and you will no longer receive notifications.

Last edited:
Thanks Particleman, As is evident I'm an amateur at this compared to u guys. What is now clear to me is that i shouldn't be hasty. I'll now take my time & explore various combinations, incl. ur suggestions.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back