Multiroom or new DTH

echo77

Hi Guys,

I am using DishTV for more than 2 years and fairly satisfied with it compared to the local cable here.

The main TV is hogged by parents and kid so I got a 22" LG30R LCD this Diwali. Now I want to know whether I should go multiroom with DishTV or whether I should take another DTH connection (mostly Tata Sky)

My main question is how does multiroom work - do they tap the existing cable to take the 2nd connection? Will the quality of reception decrease?

Thanks in advance!

My main question is how does multiroom work - do they tap the existing cable to take the 2nd connection? Will the quality of reception decrease?

I have a multi-room DishTV connection. What the guys have done is that they have two connectors on the Antenna each with a separate cable.

If you switch to a multi-room, they will change the connector on the antenna.

What you will also have to do is ensure that your father/son combination of the dual connections is entered into their database with a single ID. Other wise next time you renew, they will only renew the father connection, and demand separate payment for the son connection. As you may be aware, they have a different pricing for the father/son combination where the son connection is charged only 50% percent.

Cheers

Thanks, Venkat, especially for the tip on father/son connection. I think I will take the connection using existing id of my father.

So, what you mean is, using the 2 cables from a different connector will have no effect on quality of reception, right?

Thanks again!

Dish multiroom connection (Child Pack) is not available in Goa. Apparently its available in cities mentioned here - http://www.dishtv.in/Static/pdf/Top86 Towns.pdf

I am leaning towards getting a Tata Sky connection instead because their offers look quite good. After one year of comparison between Tata and Dish, I'll decide which one to stick to or whether to continue with both options.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back