Music hi-fi for home in kolkata

Hello
I'm putting up audio system for my drawing room.
Room.size 11 x 16
Music classical rock, blues, opera
Choice of system - floor standing speakers, amps and dan + network player
So far checked sonus, Polk audio, focal,
Plans to try quad s5, dali zensor7, klipsch rp 6000,
And amps not decided so far
Cocktail audio i was thinking about.
Request your valuable suggestion...Kolkata has very few dealers and chances of audition is real low....

What is the budget you are earmarking? That would help the more knowledgeable forum members guide you better.

Hello
I'm putting up audio system for my drawing room.
Room.size 11 x 16
Music classical rock, blues, opera
Choice of system - floor standing speakers, amps and dan + network player
So far checked sonus, Polk audio, focal,
Plans to try quad s5, dali zensor7, klipsch rp 6000,
And amps not decided so far
Cocktail audio i was thinking about.
Request your valuable suggestion...Kolkata has very few dealers and chances of audition is real low....
You need to let us know the budget pronto and what will be your primary source? A laptop, CDs, Vinyls, streaming services?
Kolkata now has fair few audio places, google these and audition.

1) Harmonie Audio in New Alipore
2) SKS Traders at Behala Roy Bahdur Road
3) Auditro in Park Street
4) ProFx at Hindusthan Park
5) Promises opposite Kalamandir
6) Digital Acoustics at Maddox Square
7) Watteffects at Lake Gardens
8) Solfege at Ballygunge

Now that is quite a list for you to take your time and visit. Carry your favourite tracks for audition, an absolute must.

Hi
Sorry for such a long delay....was going around the studios and tried out few speakers. Intend to share my finding and learn your feedback.

You wanted to know budget, and budget for speakers shall be 2 Lacs. Balance shall be matched according to that. I will not go beyond 2 Lacs. Room size shall be 18*13 sqft. Source of music is cd, laptop, streaming like tidal, no vinyl. I had been to stores in Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and one in Kolkata.

Hi
Sorry for such a long delay....was going around the studios and tried out few speakers. Intend to share my finding and learn your feedback.

You wanted to know budget, and budget for speakers shall be 2 Lacs. Balance shall be matched according to that. I will not go beyond 2 Lacs. Room size shall be 18*13 sqft. Source of music is cd, laptop, streaming like tidal, no vinyl. I had been to stores in Chennai, Pune, Mumbai and one in Kolkata.

No biggie! 3 years is not that long :p Don't be apologetic about being in Kolkata. At present Kolkata is a nice place to be for an audiophile.

Do your self a favor, set up a demo at Watereffect and get a Magnepan that will fill your room with correct tonality at loudness of your choice. Once you have the speakers, build a system around it over a period of time. Gradually adding components.

To begin with any muscle power amp will do. Even a Crown. Other good amps in decent price would be power amps Emotiva, Odyssey. As you graduate, you can move to Bryston, Symphonic Line, Krell, Pass Labs etc.

If you prefer keeping the spend low to begin with, start with a digital source.

You need to let us know the budget pronto and what will be your primary source? A laptop, CDs, Vinyls, streaming services?
Kolkata now has fair few audio places, google these and audition.

1) Harmonie Audio in New Alipore
2) SKS Traders at Behala Roy Bahdur Road
3) Auditro in Park Street
4) ProFx at Hindusthan Park
5) Promises opposite Kalamandir
6) Digital Acoustics at Maddox Square
7) Watteffects at Lake Gardens
8) Solfege at Ballygunge

Now that is quite a list for you to take your time and visit. Carry your favourite tracks for audition, an absolute must.
This is the most comprehensive list of Kolkata hi-fi dealers and their locations at present.

No biggie! 3 years is not that long :p Don't be apologetic about being in Kolkata. At present Kolkata is a nice place to be for an audiophile.

Do your self a favor, set up a demo at Watereffect and get a Magnepan that will fill your room with correct tonality at loudness of your choice. Once you have the speakers, build a system around it over a period of time. Gradually adding components.

To begin with any muscle power amp will do. Even a Crown. Other good amps in decent price would be power amps Emotiva, Odyssey. As you graduate, you can move to Bryston, Symphonic Line, Krell, Pass Labs etc.

If you prefer keeping the spend low to begin with, start with a digital source.
Electrostatic speakers aren't so good for our weather. Basic of electrostatic current, good dry weather is required.
I somewhat is open towards good suggestions
Regards

Well, then - Focal Aria, Monitor Audio Silver, KEF R series, DALIs Rubicons/Optikons, Q Acoustics, Fyne Audio. Depending on what's available in your part of the woods.

Klipsch are lovely speakers for rock. Well inside your budget too.

Back