Music system setup for home.

220kmph

Hello,

I am located in Kochi, and am in the lookout for a music system setup for home. Broad requirements are as follows :-

- Room size 25x20 ft.

- Could be single brand hifi system, but multi brand assembled setup is also acceptable.

- Need good clarity and really loud music (priority for clarity). Upwards of 400W RMS.

- Provision of wireless speakers for main and/ or additional speakers. Wireless speakers would be great since the good lady of the house does not like wires running all over.

- Floor standing or wall mount - both are acceptable.

- Net streaming/ USB, WLAN absolutely essential. There is some new tech allowing

- Home theatre not a priority, since I do not plan to link this to my TV. But if the option is available to expand later, I would be really happy.

- Should be available in Kochi,since I am not too much inclined to buy online.

- Importantly, budget is restricted to about 50K, though I could stretch it a little more if the situation demands.;)

I have zilch knowledge about such systems, so I would request the honourable members of this forum to advise me on a suitable arrangement.

Thanks in advance

forget about the 400w rms. its not of relevance and youre not going to get it at that price.

you can go for floorstanders (will be louder) or bookshelves (more clarity) at a given price point. imo go for bookshelves. for floorstanders there are the wharfedale diamonds. for bookshelves you can look at kef q series, monitor audio bronze, usher s520. once you choose the speaker we can help you with an amp

Hey Guys am also writing in since my requirement is pretty similar, and hopefully the experienced elders would guide me as well

The room size is ~400 ft ( 20 x 32), and i am looking at primarily for music. Should i go for 2 FS in front and 2 FS at the back ( since the length is slightly high)

i had gone through hifimart and saw the wharfdale diomand series. the 10.5 looked decent. can you suggest which amp or AV receiver to go with it ( guess amp would only be 2 channel so thinking of AVR)

Budget for FS + System to be 100k

Thanks in advance

@bigvalley- Take a look at Paradigm Millenia 300 ~ Rs 90,000 with Denon PMA 720 Stereo AMP ~ Rs 33,000.

Well, you can try profx, hifilinks etc in cochin to audition the equipment, you need a sturdy amp and a good pair of speakers to start off with. Also what would be your choice of source? and the kind of music you listen to? And yes if its a music system its better sticking on to stereo! Try auditioning amps from yamaha, nad, denon and marantz and speakers to look out for would be kef, mordaunt short, wharfedale, Q acoustics, Paradigm to name a few..

220kmph, in 50K (or 60K) I would recommend buying a AVR like Denon 1713 which is 30K Range and a good set of bookshelves in 20-30K Range. This will keep you future upgradable for movies. But if you do away with future option for movie then one option with network feature is Onkyo TX-NR 8050 in 50K range along with separate cost for speakers. If you want to do away with Network Capability in the Amp / AVR then in 30K to 40K some very good stereo amps are available from companies like Cambridge Audio etc which can be very easily paired with bookshelves in another 20- 30K and will be a supeb and better clarity stereo set.

Dont fall for the advertised power ratings of mass market products rather if you have to compare them with precision grade products compare THD of the amps, SNR, etc.

For a non networked stereo amp there are devices like Logitech Squeezebox that can be paired with amps for bringing in the networking features along with good clarity in digital to analogue conversion.

Hey Guys am also writing in since my requirement is pretty similar, and hopefully the experienced elders would guide me as well

The room size is ~400 ft ( 20 x 32), and i am looking at primarily for music. Should i go for 2 FS in front and 2 FS at the back ( since the length is slightly high)

i had gone through hifimart and saw the wharfdale diomand series. the 10.5 looked decent. can you suggest which amp or AV receiver to go with it ( guess amp would only be 2 channel so thinking of AVR)

Budget for FS + System to be 100k

Thanks in advance

bigvilley you will not require 2 sets of floorstanders. the length is not that much. 1 set of floors will more than suffice. you will get better replies if you start a new thread

Friends, any reviews about the new Denon RCD N8 Ceol mini HiFi? I am much inclined to buy an all-in-one system. Thanks for all the inputs so far. Looking forward to your posts on this one. Thanks again.

Friends,

I did it. Finally got the new Denon Ceol RCD N8 along with a 400W powered sub woofer from Polk audio. I t might seem like an overkill, but hearing is believing. I had to bust the bank to do it, and I did it. Enjoying many hours of fine music. I thank all of you for your good words of wisdom and hope to contribute in my small way to this mighty forum.

Thanks

Friends,

I did it. Finally got the new Denon Ceol RCD N8 along with a 400W powered sub woofer from Polk audio. I t might seem like an overkill, but hearing is believing. I had to bust the bank to do it, and I did it. Enjoying many hours of fine music. I thank all of you for your good words of wisdom and hope to contribute in my small way to this mighty forum.

Thanks

Can you please post your setup details? Like, which speakers, amp....
And, if you don't mind, please post the price details too.

TIA :)

OK, the Denon RCD N 8 comes as a mini hifi setup. But let me assure you, it is not mini by any standards. The 65W + 65W + 400W POLK audio powered subwoofer is just amazing. The RCD N8 is networked, so it can play preset internet radio channels via wifi or wired setup. I took the black colour which really looks mean. Fidelity is good. what more do I say. The MRP for the Denon RCD N8 is 53000/- and 28000/- for the Polk audio powered sub-woofer. But I got it at a slight discount, so that is good. Any other query I shall gladly address.
Have fun

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back