Musical Infidelity!

canchi

Music on my laptop through the Musical Fidelity V-DAC II sounded absolutely great until the power cut in my area today!
Now, the DAC is playing dead:mad:
Don't know if this is linked to a higher amperage I chose to subject the dac to, see this thread post #6
Hope the dac wakes up tomorrow, will try its original power supply.

Am searching for the stock power supply. Does it matter if the polarity on the power supply is reversed?
That is, the original has - ____+ and I have a PS with 12v, 1 amp out put with a +____- polarity.

The MF V-DAC II has sprung to life with an alternative power supply, albeit with reverse polarity (see post above). The tonality of the sound does not appear to be affected in any manner. Will wait for responses from our learned forum members.......

The MF V-DAC II has sprung to life with an alternative power supply, albeit with reverse polarity (see post above). The tonality of the sound does not appear to be affected in any manner. Will wait for responses from our learned forum members.......

It was then 'power infidelity'. It's the power supply in your city to be blamed and not the MF company.
Use something to prevent against high voltages, surges and brown-outs.

I would have felt more comfortable using the same polarity as should be used.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back