Must NOT watch movies

Must not watch movies.

ALL MOVIES THAT GLORIFY VIOLENCE OR WAR. OR RENDER SEX AND LOVE AS MERE GYMNASTICS!

^^ I think you just ruled out 90% of all movies made!

Yes. I began following this dictum, in the mid 90's, and it rendered 90 % of mainstream cinema unwatchable :)

I have chosen the parental prerogative of extending this dictum to not allowing my young daughter to watch cartoons on television. I believe that most of these cartoons are an 'early' attempt to inculcate a love for senseless violence in children.

By the time they have 'grown up' :rolleyes: they are completely hooked on the drug of watching young, handsome, strong chested, lean jawed, dark glass wearing, gun toting clones, going around shooting 'baddies' all over the place. During pauses in the violence, these clones 'man handle' clonettes, and in the Bollywood versions even sing songs!

Over the years mainstream cinema, blessed with a never ending money bag, has made huge strides in audio and visual technology. Great! But the content of the films seldom meanders into adult territory. Most mainstream films, stripped of their glossy packaging, are childish hymns to empty sex and meaningless violence.

@ajay124:

I agree with you. But I do allow my 5 yr old son to watch cartoons only because that the only time he gets out our hair :eek:
I know it would be frowned upon. But the combination of a hyperactive 5 yr old and a cranky 4 month old infant coupled with the fact that I am out of the house at work for most of the day leaving my better half alone leaves no other choice

As far as the movies are concerned, its all based on supply and demand. The producers only want to make money and the majority of the audience doesn't want to "think" while watching a movie. The problem is more magnified in India. case in point the unholy Chopra/Johar combine with their NRI friendly cronies.
It is a frequent argument I have with my wife, she watches only Hindi and I watch only English, and when look down upon the "Bollywood potboiler", her argument is she doesn't want to see a movie and be depressed.:argue:

Some of the replies on this thread are indicative of this phenomenon, and I still remember the dazed and dumbstruck expression of the majority of the audience when i saw 12 Monkeys in the theater :p

Jay5150

We have a hyperactive young daughter too! For our sanity and peace of mind, we allow her to watch selective cartoons on You Tube for a couple of hours everyday. Since she has never had the 'benefit' of television at home, she is indifferent to it. She prefers the 'ad free' click and move on experience of You Tube, to the 'helpless' experience of television, where the viewer is repeatedly attacked by mind numbingly stupid ads.

What could be more depressing than the average Bollywood potboiler or a Non Returning Indian nostalgia drip?

we allow her to watch selective cartoons
Ajay what you are doing is very good. Because skill of hand drawn cartoons, clever humor is no more in modern cartoons.
Filthy Human mind has infiltrated innocent art of drawing moving pictures where skill, talent and purpose was appreciated. These days cartoons are made for grownups (South Park Cartoons) with filthiest topics and abusive language.

Not being nostalgic but look at the hard work they used to put...
YouTube - Making Of Disney's Snowwhite or How Disney Cartoons are made.flv
and the result...
YouTube - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Party
imagining the difficulty to animate flow of snow whites hair while dancing (0.47 to 1.07) one can not but appreciate the talent and creativity.

I'll watch watchmen only if someone offers me a crate-full of corona extra...lite bhi chalega ...don't forget nimbu:D

:D, how 'bout you getting all the limes(knock urself out;)) & me enjoying them corona's :eek:hyeah:

& yeah you can see the 'watchmen' of my building anytime mate:p

:lol:Brother...that beer is to get asleep before this smiley pin
watchmen-200x200.jpg
falls down....:lol:....but when Malin is in action:eek:hyeah:...just wake me up

Done Bro! Only that I will wake u up when my Mali arrives :D
Trust you know what 'Mali' means :rolleyes:

The eagle (2011)
the reeds
sky line
The rite
are some of the movies that comes in my mind instantly....

I loved "The American". Especially, Violante Placido.:eek:hyeah:

:licklips:Violante Placido:licklips:

I watched the american only for her:licklips:

Rest of the movie so-so, slow pace + the fact that just watched the Mechanic Original & new version quite recently & now am tiring of this hitman with feelings crap!

Another cause for worry was the ending of the american, its very clear that there will be a sequel to it in the near future:rolleyes:
ho hum as long as ms. violante placido :licklips: is in the sequel, i'll watch it:yahoo:

Taste in movies is subjective...
Movies are so subjective - one man's food is another's poison and vice versa.
Agree. Quite a few of the movies mentioned here are very good movies in my personal opinion.

Yes. Personal choices differ greatly. All over the internet Citizen Kane is praised so high and often is in the top five lists of various sites. I found this movie so boring that I have to read the internet again on what this movies is all about.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back