basic instinct 2
borat
shoot them up
watch men
couching tiger hidden dragon
cold mountain

1. Walk the Line (2005) - IMDb
2. No Country for Old Men (2007) - IMDb

These 2 movies tell you that imdb ratings don't mean anything:p!

Sure is subjective as someone said before.. fifth element..watchmen..cold mountain..all seemed to be good shows..and I thought No Country for Old Men was outstanding especially the portrayal of the assassin..

Universl Soldier : The Return.

Silliest movie ever made, gave me a headache as I waited in vain for the real action to begin.

I happen to see few scenes from the movie SAW Part 2 or 3 - Horrible and awkward :mad:

Watch the part 1 till part 7, you will have the plot tied up and the cruelness of getting killed. At least by seeing this how cruel is getting killed we know.:p

mars attacks
fifth element
hook
basic instinct 2
borat
shoot them up
watch men
couching tiger hidden dragon
cold mountain

So in this fifth element, borat, shoot"em up, crouching tiger were good.. Why not borat if you like "there is something about Mary".:D

SAW is amazing.....
I hate to watch gore my friend forced me to sit thru the entire first part and i was so boggled over the last five mins of the movie that i ended up watching all the six parts back to back.....AMAZING script

I agree with the above.... the script was developed to make more attractive to insert more gore after the first part was success.

Last edited:
Dam999!

Recently watched this movie after much hype about this, ignorant of the movie rating of 0.5 by media.

After watching the whole movie, you feel like calling it "DamnIt!" instead of Dam999

One of the worst movies I have ever seen, from my standpoint!

Cheers!

'No Smoking' - Starring John Abraham, Directed by Anurag Kashyap. Everyone in the hall (yes I paid 250 bucks for this sh_t) were waiting to see the climax and seddenly the movie ends. Actuall, all the scenes are repeated thrice, once when he is dreaming, the next one when he is actually going through it and the last one only GOD knows why it was there.

Beware of it. Not worth even if it is telecasted on TV (free in a way) during a weekend when you are absolutely 'wella'.

dhobi ghat & district 9 fals in same category (v. bad).
i dont know why they r making blu ray of dhobi ghat .
i watched in thtr movie ends in interval what a shame.

Last edited:
Must or must not watch lists are applicable only within a group of people who share the same taste and sensibilities. Tastes / sensibilities differ across people.

Not sure how these lists will help.

50/50 ... I slept two times trying to watch the complete movie.. :)

Movie is too slow , no strong story , totally bored..

50_50_Poster.jpg

Last edited:
Must or must not watch lists are applicable only within a group of people who share the same taste and sensibilities. Tastes / sensibilities differ across people.

Not sure how these lists will help.

very well said !

have you watched this movie completely? I felt the same way for first 20mins or so..and after that it turned from boring to awesome.

exactly ! the most important thing, atleast for me (and according to some reviewers) was the splendid acting put up by the main protagonist, and this happened to be his first movie as an actor. he seemed effortless yet so good at the role. i concentrated more at his acting that other things in the movie, as i had watched it after reading one of the reviews :D

for me, i've gradually come to dislike and keep away strictly from all those hollywood movies that :

1. start in the trailer with 'this summer/winter....' and end up promising saving the world (ie, america) once again

2. try to spice up things with vulgarity and lame, double-meaning dialogues

3. have too much of explosions and unnecessary show-off of 'other-worldly' gadgetry

4. have chocolaty dudes/dudesses struggling at acting, all the while not forgetting to grace us with their attitudes :lol:

home-turf, eh, already presents a bleak scene. no offense meant, but most of the mass-production here is of 'good-to-skip' category.

nothing like a good, artful, presentable movie with subtlety in it and that holds the capacity to haunt you for days after you've watched it :licklips: :eek:hyeah:

but then, opinions vary :)

dhobi ghat & district 9 fals in same category (v. bad).
i dont know why they r making blu ray of dhobi ghat .
i watched in thtr movie ends in interval what a shame.

Unfortunately you need a brain to appreciate District 9. The main point of the movie was not aliens at all. It was a statement against apartheid.

Unfortunately you need a brain to appreciate District 9. The main point of the movie was not aliens at all. It was a statement against apartheid.

I loved that movie :)

This is exactly the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. Different sensibilities !

+1 to the above! I think we are mixing up different genres.

For example, The hurt locker, The Shawshank Redemption, City of Gods, Fight club are movies different from one another and belong to different genres. Some may find city of Gods boring while others may not. So, we can't call it off as a bad movie.

I think universally these are the factors that we must consider when categorizing a movie as bad, though one or more of these could not make a move a hit or a miss, but a balance of some or all of them:

Emotional Impact
Educative/Informative
The Plot
Actors/Characters
Efficiently used special effects
Script
Dialogues/Humor

An ideal example for the worst movie would be, "Sura" starring Vijay and I bet you will agree with me that all of the above are missing/mixed up in an absurd ratio!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I think there are too many, especially, hamara own Bollywood movies "inspired" by Hollywood. I remember seeing the one "inspired" by "French Kiss" with Ajay Devgan. I literally had a headache watching that turkey!

It's the same movie, where the Devgan and Kajol are traveling by train, from Mumbai to Banglore. When they take stop at a station enroute, its Ajay's village in Punjab. :lol:

I don't know how the filmmakers think.

true. i had read that in the times of apartheid (which might be still prevalent, though in lesser magnitude) there used to be some district X where the 'blacks' and impoverished lot were relocated by the govt.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back