Must/Rare Hindi LP records to be collected.

Nope, dont have burning train but would love to have it at some point. Problem is that sellers are asking for 2k for a piece. Have Jhoota Hi Sahi, Vande Matharam and Star. Disco Diwane on the way. My dad's collection had some Hindi content but the entire lot is with my brother. Some of the Hindi titles he has are:

Hum Kisise Kum Nahi
Yadoon Ki Baaraat
Yaarana
Welcome (Anil Kapoor & Salma Agha, non-filmi)
Lover Boy
Des Pardes
Bullet
Ishq Ishq Ishq
Milind Gupta's mouth organ (used to be played as filler music on Vividh Bharti back in the day)
Mere Sanam
Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya

Not sure if he had any others.

I know Reuben that you're not too much into hindi music (AFAIK you have only 2 hindi LPs in your huge collection- Disco Deewane & The burning Train),
but fundamentally LPs produced in the 90s must be fewer in quantity as much cheaper audio tapes as the state of art were available for the same albums. Also, LPs had lost their charm by that time as well.
I dont know if you guys will kill me/curse me when I will tell you that I bought Dil hai ki manta nahin & Aashiqui for Rs. 2400/- (1200/- for each album) few months back. This included shipping. I know I paid too much, but havent seen these albums elsewhere in my record hunting sessions in Kolkata & elsewhere.
What the FMs have to say about it?

Regards,
Saket

Saket,
Dil hai ki manta nahin doesn't have some original Song/s and Aashiqui vinyl recording/mastering is not good. But if you like them, money don't matter. As I like neat and clean covers, I have given Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 just for Album covers. So it all depends how much you want it.
Do give a listen to Aashiqui CD vs LP
Regards

Yes, you are right...songs of DHKMN on LP are not from original film soundtrack. Dont know what the T-series guys were thinking , they recorded same songs with different artists...like Kumar Sanu, Babla Mehta, Abhijeet...only one singer would have been common - Anuradha Paudwal! AFAIK They have recorded one particular song from DHKMN by 5 artists...can you believe it?? I really wanted 'Tu pyar hai kisi aur ka' sung by Kumar Sanu, but on my LP it turned out to be Babla Mehta. 'Kumar Sanu has sung at least a brilliant times better than Babla Mehta'...I quote somebody from this forum not necessarily in verbatim.
Even Agree with Ashiqui LP, the pressing is not great. Just average pressings both. While QSQT on T-series has great pressing. But whatever I paid...whats done is done...now I enjoy these LPs whatever best my set up can take out of them. Also have an LP of Dil movie on T-series. Its among the worst pressings I have heard. Wont recommend it at all.

Last edited:
Nope, dont have burning train but would love to have it at some point. Problem is that sellers are asking for 2k for a piece. Have Jhoota Hi Sahi, Vande Matharam and Star. Disco Diwane on the way. My dad's collection had some Hindi content but the entire lot is with my brother. Some of the Hindi titles he has are:

Hum Kisise Kum Nahi
Yadoon Ki Baaraat
Yaarana
Welcome (Anil Kapoor & Salma Agha, non-filmi)
Lover Boy
Des Pardes
Bullet
Ishq Ishq Ishq
Milind Gupta's mouth organ (used to be played as filler music on Vividh Bharti back in the day)
Mere Sanam
Dil Ne Phir Yaad Kiya

Not sure if he had any others.

Sone nice albums with good decent pressing there...HKSKN, Des Pardes...yaadon ki barat had good songs but dont liked the pressing much. I have it on EP.

Hi. I have about 1500-2000 bollywood LP's and would like to sell it. Can anyone buy all of them or suggest which are the most sought after and expensive lp's? I need advice from from you guys as you have a lot of knowldge of this stuff. I am new to this site and this business.

its milon gupta
i have burning train,and i want to sell it.

make few more posts starting with your introduction in approproate section brother. i guess after 25 posts you ll be eligible to start your own thread. make a for sale thread here:
For Sale by Owner
meanwhile tell us where did u get this lp from? is inherited by you? what other lps you have got?

Hi, Garrard2025. congrats for passion on LPs. I am glad to say that I also have same model of Garrard, but the changer system is broken, but rest system is ok. I love LPs and have little collection of Hindi and Bengali, but not in great condition. I found their analog sound signature more warm and dynamic than their competitors in CDs. Now In Kolkata there is almost no place I can found LPs. But it's a pleasure to share information with a fellow enthusiastic music listener like u. I think we are like endanger species in this time and place.

make few more posts starting with your introduction in approproate section brother. i guess after 25 posts you ll be eligible to start your own thread. make a for sale thread here:
For Sale by Owner
meanwhile tell us where did u get this lp from? is inherited by you? what other lps you have got?
Thanks,i am having real problem finding appropriate sections.
And you are correct, inherited it is. I made a list today and it amounts to about 1100 LP's(excluding devotional,marathi and the ones without sleeve). It contains most of the names mentioned in this thread. Can you name any hindi lp's which are more in demand,like ppl will buy in thousands?
P.S. - i also have alibaba 40 chor in excellent condition.

@ bollywoodlpman specify what genres you ve got? 1100 is a vast number. if you are more interested in selling off some of your collection to more passionate listeners for decent prices, at least make a list of all titles. then again, 1100 titles is a huge number. specify them according to genres/directors/music dirs/ lyricists whatever. also specify what condition the vinyl and the cover is. this will help potential buyers in choosiing titles. lastly, spend few hours reading threads on the forum that you get fancy about. happy viewing!
as an honest suggestion, if you sell the whole lot, you can expect them to go for like 20-50 rs apiece avg provided someone is interested in your lot. this guy will usually be a dealer. if you sell individual lps, you may think of pricing them at half of the dealer price as you dont have to spend money on renting space or hiring a helping hand etc. that way your lp stock sells out faster and the buyer gets good deal too.

Last edited:
@ bollywoodlpman specify what genres you ve got? 1100 is a vast number. if you are more interested in selling off some of your collection to more passionate listeners for decent prices, at least make a list of all titles. then again, 1100 titles is a huge number. specify them according to genres/directors/music dirs/ lyricists whatever. also specify what condition the vinyl and the cover is. this will help potential buyers in choosiing titles. lastly, spend few hours reading threads on the forum that you get fancy about. happy viewing!
as an honest suggestion, if you sell the whole lot, you can expect them to go for like 20-50 rs apiece avg provided someone is interested in your lot. this guy will usually be a dealer. if you sell individual lps, you may think of pricing them at half of the dealer price as you dont have to spend money on renting space or hiring a helping hand etc. that way your lp stock sells out faster and the buyer gets good deal too.

+1 to this approach. Also with regard to pricing, generally most LPs these days are heavily overpriced and find few takers (unless someone badly wants to accquire a specific title). Sellling your LPs in small lots of about 10 per lot is a good idea. However you have to group your LPs carefully and logically. People strike up lots of 10 with 3 or 4 good titles supporting about 6 or 7 average or un-wanted titles. An ideal combo would be to have about 6-7 good titles and about 3-4 inclusions.

Vinyl in poor shape can be given free with the lots (without counting them as part of the lot). I have a friend who has framed a few vinyl records (which were in poor shape) and has hung them up in his listening room.

@entsurgeon thanks. I was planing to sell the lot for 50-70 rs apiece,would save time and effort from my side. I made a list and to "specify them according to genres/directors/music dirs/lyricists and condition the vinyl and the cover" will requrie some time,may be a few days of work. "Selling at half the price of dealer will help to sell out stock faster and buyer gets a good deal" approch is great. Will do that. Will sort them out and then open an ebay store and "for sale by owner" threads here. Will be like part time business then. Thanks again.

@reubensm Doing that would require genral understanding of what are wanted and unwanted titles,i dont have that. I saw this approach on a 'for sale by owner' thread by someone named @denom . Will do that when i get some experience here. Will send you the burning train pic soon. Thanks.

Thanks,i am having real problem finding appropriate sections.
And you are correct, inherited it is. I made a list today and it amounts to about 1100 LP's(excluding devotional,marathi and the ones without sleeve). It contains most of the names mentioned in this thread. Can you name any hindi lp's which are more in demand,like ppl will buy in thousands?
P.S. - i also have alibaba 40 chorin excellent condition.

I would like to have that one... Plus "ram Teri Ganga Maili" and "madhumati" if you have them...
Pm me the cost...
Regards
Srivastava..

@reubensm Doing that would require genral understanding of what are wanted and unwanted titles,i dont have that. I saw this approach on a 'for sale by owner' thread by someone named @denom . Will do that when i get some experience here. Will send you the burning train pic soon. Thanks.

Take a look at Malvai's listing of Beatles records (for sale by owner section), its exactly what I was referring to.

@bollywoodlpman whati was suggesting was you group together few lps based on one or more of above methods i listed. eg list all the rd burman titles together... or list 1950s movies together etc etc. that way, anybody who is browsing the list of 1100 titles will easily search for a specific title. the good old alternate way to list em alphabatically is good but what if someone wants an lp but doesn t recalls the exct name of the title?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back