My Cute AMPCAMP Built

Nice build :)
i plan to build one in jan. just doing some ground work before i start :)
i'll probably design my own PCB since ordering ready made ones seems like a hassle to me.

What are the dimensions of the heatsinks that you've used for your build, and where could i source them from ?

Cheers!

Nice build :)
i plan to build one in jan. just doing some ground work before i start :)
i'll probably design my own PCB since ordering ready made ones seems like a hassle to me.

What are the dimensions of the heatsinks that you've used for your build, and where could i source them from ?

Cheers!
Thanks! This build is inspired by Raghu, chassis provided by him and for me parts acquired by Sachin. Thanks to both of them too. Otherwise looking at my busy work schedule I could not have spared these two hours post lunch to build this. Heatsinks are usual same with Raghu's chassis.

Would sachin have parts for this amp ? or any of you ? I doubt if i'd be able to source 0.82ohm resistors.
guess i have all the other parts, from my F5 build.

Tried it today in my system.Initial impressions are very good.It has a non fatiguing sound,very clean HF and very good bass.It sounds very real.I need to turn up volume control knob to 12 0 clock position,as my GR Reserch speakers have low sensitivity (86db?)and I am using B1 which has no gain.I am sure it will perform best with high sensitive full range speakers.This is the best amp I own till now.I hope to build F5 in few months

Few build Pics:

y83m.jpg

gcik.jpg

e7tn.jpg

woij.jpg

Heatsink grease applied on Mosfets and soldered them on board as my board is single sided.
nfq1.jpg

Ready to be mounted on heatsinks
vjci.jpg

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
beautiful build:clapping:
you need to add SSP on your B1 to get little more gain.
Please post complete amp pic

Thanks
Raghu

Last edited:
Yes SSP is long due.I never needed any gain in my system,so the delay.I will build it ASAP:)

Regards,
Sachin

The other day I was rummaging through my audio stuff and found an interesting looking packet with your handwriting on it. Curious, I opened the packet (was already opened) and it turned out to be the SSP :) I was going to pair it with the MyRev Version C, but that project never saw completion. I guess I should complete it as I have everything including toroidals and cabinet.

Here is my ACA

o9so.jpg

Thanks Sachin for the components and Raghu for the plug and play cabinet having excellent quality and finish.

Why I built it: I wanted to listen to a single ended class A amp
How long did it take to build: Five hours
How does it sound:In one word (looking at the size) - Unbelievable.
Had read very positive reviews about this amp, so though about building it for my second setup.
I am listening to Pass F5T since around a year, and my power amp expectations bar is quite high, however I would say that this amp has its own signature which is different from F5T, the bass goes deep and is very tuneful, resolution is excellent and over all it generates a very soothing effect.
It very comfortably drives my speakers which are 90db sensitive, If I use LOMC cartridge I need to turn the vol beyond 2 o'clock, for all other sources and carts it drives very comfortably at 12 o'clock, I will need to buy a SUT for my 103, it is long pending.
My (own personal) verdict : Looking at the size, cost, and DIY efforts involved, the way this little one performs, makes this as one of my most rewarding build, and I believe it has the potential to beat the amps costing many times more, in performance.
Thanks for looking.
~Happy Listening~
-sann'

Few days back I completed my Amp Camp Amp build #2 for my son. and this is too amazing like first one. This time I added those stainless steel feet, in fact mirror mounting screws with SS covers. Looking great.

I don't think it is less powered (Average RMS 5W/ch only). Its too loud with my GR research speakers (86dB). One small class A SET Power Amp, definite keeper.

Thanks to nraghunadh(Raghu) for nice chassis, sachu888(Sachin) for kit and svaze (Swapnil) for all wiring and misc helps. Raghu has already provided PCB mounting standoffs, Screws, RCA, Banana Plugs, illuminated switch and 2-pin SS power socket in completed chassis. Great!

g5h9.jpg

wt5l.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I recently auditioned ACA in various setups Analogue, digital, hybrid [tube] with difficult to drive speakers like Magnepan, cadence and also with full range speakers and was blown away with its performance.
Thanks to Sachin and Raghu.

NAD C352 already sold, all the other Solid state amplifier will go one by one.

Most probably I will settle down for following as of now.

Amplifier
-ACA- In progress
-F5 Turbo v2 - In progress
-SET Valve Amplifier - Restoration in progress

Speaker
-Magnepan MG-12
-Full range driver based speaker- In progress

People who are fond of party level sound should ignore this post. Others must audition ACA in a good setup. With Analogue setup Its a miracle.

At Last- Its only my personal view.:indifferent14:

Regards,

Vipin

Don't worry Vipin, we are already in love with your in progress full rangers. Never heard such quality of vocals while we tested with F5t and ACA.

For others - Vipin and other fm (I am not aware of his id) drove down to Pune for listening our modest setup. They brought along these full rangers which we listened with 1200mkii TT, denon 103 cart, SUT, Pearl 2, double buffer Pass B1 with LDR based volume control, F5t and ACA. I think we used AP DAC as well.

ACA was tight contender for row.

Last edited:
Don't worry Vipin, we are already in love with your in progress full rangers. Never heard such quality of vocals while we tested with F5t and ACA.

Thanx Om. I have been completely floored by the little champ ACA and have decided to have it in my system. When it was on loan for an audition here it drove my Tannoys effortlessly. The LSU3Lz are of 4 ohms impedence with 2.5" voice coils. They are not an easy load but for the ACA it was not a problem at all. Parts are ordered from Sachin and he has confirmed dispatch.

Regards,

Anwesh

For my proposed ACA build, I was looking for a cabinet that matches the existing B1 cabinet sourced from Bibin, Therefore got in touch with Bibin yesterday and finalised the same B1 cabinet with certain modifications but with same dimension and face Plate material and N59 heatsink, which I think can easily withstand 6 watts tweak.

Heatsink will cost around Rs 700/- per piece:sad: [2 piece required per ACA]

Final total cost yet to be finalised.

Regards,

Vipin.

Thanks to Sachin and Raghu for initiating this. A special thanks to Raghu for assembling the amp for me.

Been listening to it in my system for the last couple of days and it sounds amazing. Doing a good job with the Sonodyne 2504 towers. Bass is a little lose compared to a much higher powered amp but otherwise performing very well - transparency, tonality, soundstage all top notch.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back